Author Topic: PAVD VALDEZ  (Read 13054 times)

BBQSteve

Re: PAVD VALDEZ
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
Sorry, life got in the way. I finally got to look at BWEP with PAVD. as stated before, there are elevation issues with the pipeline, but doesn't look like a major thing. I had trees on the tarmac caused by another scenery I had to remove. Other than that, I took a flight following the pipeline to Gulkana PAGK and all but the pipeline look good. I did have what looks like another pipeline running parallel in some spots too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:25:24 AM by BBQSteve »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »
Folks,

Currently, Hurricane Matthew is bearing down on Nina and I here in Orlando. We're hoping it stays off the east coast but the latest track as of 11:00 AM local time has it tracking right at us. We're expecting hurricane force winds and stronger gusts. Lot's of rain and possible flooding. Power will probably be disrupted as well. So, I'm going to hunker down and ride the storm out.

And while I wait for the storm to arrive, I'm in the process of creating a ORBX PAVD airport version of the BWEP pipeline in and around the Valdez area. It will be a separate version of that area only! Not the entire SAK pipeline run up to Gulkana. Just the affected coverage area for Valdez using the PAVD Addon airport by ORBX.

If you're using that airport, you'll need to download the file for ORBX PAVD Addon airport once that's done. Inside that zipfile will be replacement files for you. You'll need to remove the default SAK files and replace with the PAVD Addon files. It's going to be a simple process.

So, once I finish the edit's, look for the ORBX PAVD Addon replacement files.

Here are some screen grabs from my work at the new PAVD ORBX Addon Airport and the BWEP facilities placed there where they can fit and not intrude on the overall look and design for the new airport. I'm happy with these results.

Aircraft Hangar

Aircraft Hangar back and side

Main Operations Hangar and offices

Back side of Op's Hangar and offices

Helicopter Operations

Helicopter Operations and Era Hangar

Brad
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:35:13 AM by Bradallen43 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »
Great work Brad.. The BWEP PAVD revisions for the new ORBX PAVD look great.

More importantly right now is "Matthew" approaching. Thinking of you at this time. ("Matthew" has already  forced Doug out of Southern Carolina).. Thoughts and prayers are with you all there..

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »
For now.

Rather than take any chances. I uninstalled the RTMM BWEP SAKv1 Scenery, so I could install the ORBX PAVD. I did however leave the latest updated BWEP Object Library installed in my FSX.
Valdez looks great at the moment.

So. I guess I'll wait to hear what and when my next step should be, reinstalling the RTMM BWEP SAKv1 scenery addon etc.

THX

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 09:23:22 AM »
George,

You really didn't need to remove the old installation. Go ahead and keep the previous SAK rendition of BWEP installed and activated. Here's all you need to do. When I get done making the edited files it will be announced in the forums by Doug as a NOTAM. You'll then go to the scenery page, go to "B" and look for Blue Wave Energy Partners. Doug will have a new link added there that will say something like, "ORBX PAVD Addon Airport scenery compatibility files." Those are what you'll need if you want to use BWEP alongside the new payware airport scenery by ORBX at Valdez.

Once you get that in your hands, you'll unzip it and discover the new files. For the installation, you'll simply remove the ones with similar names in your BWEP Scenery folder and replace those with the new files. Obviously, the entire scenery will need to be installed already for this process to work. It's not going to be two complete versions in two separate zipfiles where you choose which one you want. There will be the main scenery that has been released already for default SAK. Everybody will need that installed first. Then, if you're using the PAVD Addon by ORBX, you'll need to download and replace the default version Valdez files with the payware version Valdez files.

Also, to make this even easier, these new files will use similar names as their default counterparts. For example, if you look inside the BWEP Scenery folder right now, you should have a file named "RTMM BWEP Valdez Segment 01 v1". When I get done with the edits the new file will be named "RTMM BWEP Valdez Segment 01 v2". See the difference? v1 to v2. That's the only thing on these files that will change. Well, that and the dates and times they were created.

So go ahead and keep that current version installed, activated and intact.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:25:21 AM by Bradallen43 »

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 04:34:33 PM »
Thanks Brad.

I did reinstall the RTMM BWEP SAKv1 Scenery. Everything is installed related to BWEP. The ORBX PAVD is installed as well.

I'll keep an eye on the NOTAMs, for the updates your referring to etc.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 05:33:27 PM »
George,

That's good. FYI, just don't inspect the pipeline until I can finish the updated files because I'm discovering that the pipeline is disjointed for quite some distance outside of the immediate Valdez area. Not really sure why that's now happening but I'm hoping, as I go along, that it will eventually settle down. I am a little concerned. For some reason, the elevations are now off even up by Thompson Pass which I believe is outside the new addon coverage area.

Time will tell.

I'll get there.

Brad

Penzoil3

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 07:49:53 PM »
 8) Here's a pic of the coverage area.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 08:35:17 PM »
Well it's affecting the objects beyond that area. So we will see how long it takes and just how far the issue is present.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »
What you see in the ORBX PAVD coverage area map is the photo overlay coverage area and other visual enhancement border....it is not accurate to depict the underlying updated mesh overlay border.  RTMM has already discovered (ORBX PAHO & Halibut Cove) that when ORBX applies an upgraded/higher rez mesh along with a new airport release, the mesh overlays the new photo coverage area and, sometimes, quite a bit more.  Unfortunately, that seems to be the case with the ORBX PAVD release.   I am sure Brad will find where the mesh update stops affecting the pipeline. 

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »
And reading the PAVD Valdez pdf that comes with the payware, I see the recommended mesh resolution is still at 5m. So that's not the issue. Interesting how the updated mesh that comes with the product affects the default outside the photoreal area. Never realized that before. Thanks for that information Rod.

I also discovered that the pdf file that comes with the payware PAVD has a recommended link to Return to Misty Moorings. It mentions our Pipeline project but unfortunately provides a link to the Alaska Power Project and not the Blue Wave Energy Partners page. Probably because when the document was published, we didn't have the BWEP webpage created and available yet. Still a nice mention for us though.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:54:04 AM by Bradallen43 »

Handie

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 12:24:35 PM »
Hello,

Finally, the "crevasse" that I had on the city of Valdez is not at all due to RTMM Medical Facilities like I said, sorry.
It is a concern random that is solved by reloading the scene (see my screens).
I have reactivated my scenes RTMM Medical Facilities and BWEP pending smaller corrections promised. The problems are actually quite minor between BWEP and PAVD.

Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 02:38:53 PM »
Handi,
most of the differences are in the pipeline itself as there are slight MESH differences introduced with ORBX PAVD that extend out quite a ways and these will be adjusted when the PAVD BWEP version is released.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 08:47:59 PM »
 8)
 Thanks so much for all your hard work guys.
 Sue

xxd09

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 05:17:49 AM »
Hi All
Can I echo Penzoil3 sentiments
The flights out of Valdez PAVD to Klutina Outfitters up the Glacier or along the pipeline to Gulkana PAGK are a dramatic delight-winter and summer!
Orbyx links are interesting
All your good work much appreciated
xxd09