Author Topic: Interactive Table  (Read 1849 times)

geezer

Interactive Table
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:40:17 PM »
Wow, some of you folks have spent a lot of time putting this together.  I have a couple of comments.

1.  I read the instructions and still have no idea how it works.

2.  Most destinations still have no afcad marker as far as I can tell and I don't see how a flight plan involving that destination will work in a GPS.

I'm not criticizing.  I never criticize something that's free.  Just commenting on my observations that are probably flawed somehow. 

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Interactive Table
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 12:03:32 AM »
1. Download the RTMM Flight Plans.zip folder ... link in the instructions.

2. Place the downloaded data: Create a folder in your computer's "Documents" area, if you have FSX, name it Flight Simulator RTMM Flights, if you have P3D, name it Prepar3D RTMM Flights. Put the contents of the download into that file.

3. Select a flight Go to the GoTo table. Where do you want to fly? You use the search function to make your choices. For instance, if you only have PFJ, then do a search for "PFJ" and only those locations will show up for you. If you want all flights out of Misty's Place, then search for "Misty's Place" and all flights out of Misty's Place comes up on the table. Maybe you only want to fly out of PAJN ... search for PAJN, the flights to and from Juneau will be listed.

As you are making choices, you can look for the landing medium, Tarmac, Water, Ice, Dirt and then you can decide on the kind of aircraft you are going to fly. You can look at the difficulty (ease) and decide upon an easy or difficult flight. Every entry has its own map. The entry also tells you not just the ease of the flight, but also the nautical miles of the flight. If you want to see what the flight path looks like for the flight, click on "Map" and you can see the flight path. Once you have looked at all the choices, you make your decision and note the location NAME ... for instance perhaps you will select "Canyon Cabin".

4. Download the location: If you have not already downloaded the location, then any location in GREEN means you have to download that INDIVIDUAL location (look for it on the Scenery Page). Any location in RED means it is part of a GROUP. For instance Canyon Cabin is Red, look to the right column and you will see in RED (Owikeno Lake). That means you must download the group to get Canyon Cabin, most Groups are on the scenery page too**. The advantage of this is, you are downloading and installing, in this case, about 20 locations at one time!  Once the location is safely in your simulator's Scenery Library, you are ready to fly it.

5. Load the Plan into the Simulator: Go to the simulator's flight planner, use the browse button to find the folder you created in #2 above. Once you click on that folder, all of the 450+ flight plans will come up alphabetically. Scroll down to "To  Canyon Cabin from Owikeno S Strip-2000". Load it.

6. Fly it.  When you "load" the flight plan, you will be placed at your designated take off point and the flight plan will be in your GPS ready for navigation.

Summary: That's all there is to it. For every entry on the table, you will have a corresponding entry in the RTMM Flight Plans. We will be continually adding to the RTMM Flight Plans and to the GoTo table until we get all of our locations listed.  Hopefully this will make selecting a flight much easier.

Hope this helps.

Doug

** The exception to this is when you see CIRP or SIRP or POWER after the location name. These mean you will find the location on the CIRP, SIRP or POWER plant pages.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:06:29 AM by Doug »

geezer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:07 AM »
Really, there was no need to copy/paste all that.  It's what I had already read and it was confusing.  If I wanted to study it for a while, I'm sure I could figure it all out though.

But why?  Much easier to import all those nice csv files you guys provide into Plan-G.  Then open plan-G, pick a start point and make a flight plan to a destination.  Simple and easy.

Or if I want to get adventurous, pick an rtmm flight plan at random and fly.

It just seems like your program is kind of a hassle.  But that's one nice thing about rtmm.  We can all do it the way we want.  There will likely be folks that like the interactive table.  I was just giving my 2 cents fwiw.  lol probably not much.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:56:09 PM »
Doug, is there a separate link for just the Go To table by itself rather than having to go to Misty's every time? Something we can pin to the task bar maybe? Maybe there is and I'm not seeing it perhaps?

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »
There is one on the home page and a second at the top of the scenery page. There is also one on here2there at the top and another down with the flight plan download button.

D