Author Topic: COMING SOON  (Read 7126 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
COMING SOON
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »
COMING SOON      COMING SOON      COMING SOON      COMING SOON      COMING SOON ... well there's a whole bunch of new things COMING SOON ... go to the NOTAMs page and take a look!  (Took me all afternoon to put that stuff up there!).  I can't wait to try some of these.  Brad knows how I've been waiting for New Eddystone Rock ... that is the one most out-of-place thing God ever put anywhere.  When you see it in person you say "huh?" Whaddat?  And we'll soon have our own! 

Some really beautiful things coming ... check them out.

Doug

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: COMING SOON
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:18:45 PM »
Just checked in and saw all the new stuff in the pipeline.  Geeez.....It's hard to keep up with y'all.    ;D   I'm still installing the carrier and other updates.  O, I flew into Sewall using the supplied flight plan and had a blast.  I still haven't made it to all the sceneries in RTMM yet, but I'm trying.    ;)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »
OK, I'll admit it, I still do not know where Eddystone Rock is, or where its supposed to be.  Looked at the link to the pictures etc. but did not determine its location except somewhere in the water in the RTMM location.  Want to help out with some co-ordinates?
 :D
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
When the scenery is published, the rock should be about here:
N55°30′13″
W130°56′09″

"Google is your friend"

Dieter

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
Hehe, even I am having a job keeping up with it all, and I know what's coming most of the time! :D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
When the scenery is published, the rock should be about here:
N55°30′13″
W130°56′09″

"Google is your friend"

Dieter

Dieter,
I'm googling so much now they are probably going to put me on a "watch list" for spammers so when I saw the post this morning I thought, why not ask the people that are doing the scenery where it is or going to be.  Of course not I have to check out the co-ordinates and see where that is in relation to some where I know.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
Spud ...

Here you go.  Look toward the center of the top down (click on this image to make it bigger) and you'll see it nearly in the center of this screen cap.  FSDiscover show the New Eddystone Islands ... it is not far from those, but in that general vicinity. When we put it in, I'll add it to the FSDiscover dat file and it will show precisely.

Doug

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
Doug,
that is a really nice picture but unless you are familiar with the area depicted it doesn't tell me where the pointy rock will be.  How far is this from Ketchikan?  I at least have an inkling of where that is.  Not trying to be difficult but its like me showing you a picture of Bayou Texar and saying it is going to be here.  As for FSDiscover, don't have it.  Plan G have it but do not run it my system is too near the S**tting itself point to have much more than the minimum running if I want any performance.  Just timed my initial load time from the Fly Now button and it takes 4 min. 21 seconds to have the sim ready to fly with FTX enabled.
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »
Spud ...

Go here: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/250k/txu-pclmaps-topo-us-ketchikan-1954.jpg

Now, leave PAKT, go down the Tongass Narrows over Pennock Island. Keep going straight, the Carroll Inlet pulls off to the left, keep going and the Thorne Arm pulls off to the left. Keep going and you run into the Behm Canal also going off to port. Go up the Behm Canal on this map and you'll see it between the "5" and "6" lines.

That's the best map we could find for the close area. We have it in the Map room.

doug

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »
Thanks for the good news you guys are working on more locations! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 07:09:02 PM »
OK, now I have an idea what direction to take a 'wander break' when I want to look for the 'rock'  Thanks Doug.  Completely forgot about the 'Map Room'.  Well made it to the 7th of the month before my monthly brain fart happened.  ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
Of course, like most of us I'd never heard of it. The cruise ship left Ketchikan about 3 in the afternoon, wandered down that way, then up the Behm and actually turned into the Behm. Right at supper time I was walking around the back deck to go to dinner and that "thing" was about 200 yards away. I literally thought it was a man-made structure that had fallen down ... like an old oil rig or something?  When i got home, one of the first things I did was google it ... it's a rock, a bloomin' rock!  Look in the Library under New Eddystone Rock ... how it was formed is sort of amazing. Good pic of it there and a video Francois sent us.

Doug

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
Spud .. just for fun, try this site. This is probably our best map site yet.  Put in New Eddystone Rock, then select "topo" for kind of map (upper right).  Now start hitting the "+" ... it takes you right to it.

http://www.mytopo.com/maps/index.cfm

Now try this put in "Fawn Mountain AK"   ... it is not a town, it's a mountain behind Ketchikan.  Look what the map does (be sure to have it on TOPO).  You wonder how they do this stuff!

I just put this one in the map room (at the bottom).  It even has most of the buoys and markers.  This one is going to be invaluable for the boaters.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:23:21 PM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 09:27:28 PM »
As the comic used to say Looookin' Goooood!   Thanks for the link and the charts should work well for boating.
 8)
Later,

Spud