Author Topic: Hello from Ketchikan  (Read 7878 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Hello from Ketchikan
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 03:21:42 PM »
More Pics from Brad ... The Creator of the RTMM BWEP Pipeline is looking right at the REAL THING!!!!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 07:56:41 AM »
What a journey!!

And so the adventure has come to an end. Flying back home with a lifetime of memories to cherish. The Highlight for me was without a doubt the floatplane trip over Misty Fjords. Although looking out over the bow of the cruise ship as we started pulling into the Tongass Narrows that morning was pretty magical too. Seeing the "Norwegian Pearl" pulling in at the same time was surreal. I looked toward the direction where "Misty's Place" is at and felt like I was at home.

Now I need to see if Klaus might be able to create a repaint for me that duplicates the DHC2 I flew in that day.

Since I don't own one yet, which payware "Beaver" should I get? Needs to work in P3D?

I wish everyone could do what I did someday. If you haven't already.

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 12:28:08 PM »
Great pics Brad.

Beavers: Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver has to be the best one Brad... And the gauge fix on RTMM site fixes the gauges right up in Prepar3d, the deep throat sound mod and a few panel.cfg adjustments makes it just about the perfect aircraft - from amphibian to wheeled, to tundra wheel, to ski-wheel to just floats...

Virtualcol FS Software has a small DHC-3 Otter which also works well.. but that Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver is the fav.

You'll have to share more of the tall tales from your trip.

Welcome home.

Norm

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:34:10 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »
Pics from Brad ...

1 Lake Hood Seaplane Base

2 Stationair Landing

3 Cub at rest

Doug

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 09:23:47 PM »
More Pics from Brad:

4 Beautiful Day to be in the air

5 Nenana River Pipeline Bridge

8 Tern Lake near Moose Pass

Dieter

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 03:06:26 AM »
Aerosoft Beaver is good but very old. Therefore she's not on track of today's developments.
Milviz has a new Beaver in design.
Problem: unkown date of publication.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 07:35:28 AM »
Yup, it is slightly older Beaver, but with a few minor adjustments and a small face lift it is still the best beaver so far! (Until the next Milviz Beaver comes along?)

Norm

PS:Welcome home Brad.. Now SDT3 going up!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
From Brad:

"So after purchasing the Aerosoft Beaver today, I got it configured in P3D and took off from approximately where the seaplane tours operator I flew with in Ketchikan is located at in Tongass Narrows. I traced along the same route during my simulated flight that we took that afternoon. I even landed in Neet's Bay near the hatchery location where we landed at that day. I water taxied to the approximate position we went to in the real world and took a screen shot to show how close the terrain looks in P3D. Pretty amazing.

Here's the real world image I took alongside the screen shot in P3D I took just now. I'm impressed. If you follow the mountains in the back, you can see how similar things really are out there nowadays."