Author Topic: Not all .csv files show in Plan-G?  (Read 6969 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Not all .csv files show in Plan-G?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »
Tim and Geezer. Another thing you can do is bring up Plan-G and just fly to the green dots. Zoom in as needed. When you find it and land create your own user way point. Do this however many times you want and create your own flight plan by connecting the new user-created way points. Works for me anyway.
Jsapair

Timmy74

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 11:53:11 PM »
The scenery.cfg file in your FSX folder is the original default version, put there when FSX was first installed. The current, working version (Windows 7, can't speak for anything else) is found in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. Disregard the one in the FSX root folder. It's worthless.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thank you for reply. I do not think I have a "Program Data" folder in my C:\ drive...?  I have a "Program File" and "Program (x86) File"...?

I will confirm when I get home from work.

Cheers,
Tim.

Dieter

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 03:37:33 AM »
For sure you have a folder called  C:\ProgramData !!!
This will be created automatically with your Windows OS installation.
This folder is normally invisible.
Change the settings in the software you are using for browsing through your SSD/harddisks and make this folder visible.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Timmy74

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 04:53:10 AM »
For sure you have a folder called  C:\ProgramData !!!
This will be created automatically with your Windows OS installation.
This folder is normally invisible.
Change the settings in the software you are using for browsing through your SSD/harddisks and make this folder visible.

BINGO!!!

Thank you Dieter that has done it!! I had forgotten about my hidden files... :-[

She is all good and up and running as it should. Thank you very much for your time. ;) ;) ;)

Cheers,
Tim.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 09:18:34 AM »

Hello Spud,

I am too running V3.1.3.113.    FSX (full version) and P3Dv3.2 (Academic) running on my machine and connected to Plan-G.  All running with Admin rights too.

P3D .... don't use it so I'll butt out now!
Later,

Spud

Timmy74

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 04:54:11 PM »

Hello Spud,

I am too running V3.1.3.113.    FSX (full version) and P3Dv3.2 (Academic) running on my machine and connected to Plan-G.  All running with Admin rights too.

P3D .... don't use it so I'll butt out now!

Hey Spud,

Please no need to butt out.  All input is highly welcome to me.  Thank you very much for all of your input.  In the end it was me that had forgotten about my hidden files.

Highest regards to all here at RTMM,

Tim.

geezer

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 02:33:38 PM »
Tim and Geezer. Another thing you can do is bring up Plan-G and just fly to the green dots. Zoom in as needed. When you find it and land create your own user way point. Do this however many times you want and create your own flight plan by connecting the new user-created way points. Works for me anyway.

The whole problem with this is waypoints will not work in the gps.  I prefer to fly in full screen and use the gps for navigation, not in a window and use the map.  Can't do that with waypoints.