Author Topic: Not all .csv files show in Plan-G?  (Read 6970 times)

Timmy74

Not all .csv files show in Plan-G?
« on: June 06, 2016, 07:34:09 AM »
Hello chaps,

I am at a total loss as to why PF20 (Misty's Place) and a few others do not show up on my Plan-G???

I have downloaded and installed ALL of Dieter's .csv files from RTMM but for the life of me I do not know why ALL do not show up!?!?!

Any idea's before I post my issue over at TA Software...

Cheers,
Tim.

Dieter

Re: Not all .csv files show in Plan-G?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 08:18:41 AM »
The userwaypoints shown in your screenshot frame are correct and complete. Anything is missing.
I have to explain
- csv files are userwaypoints only => They do not appear automatically in PlanG. They must be inported.
I searched them, marked them manually on the map. They all are taken together in the csv files.
These ones  are no AFCADs! ("Aircraft Facilities Computer Aided Design.")

On the contrary Misty's Place has an AFCAD of its own in the software file:
=>  PF20_ADEP2_ADE.bgl
which should  be displayed on PlanG map after rebuilding PlanG Database.

Please try that!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Timmy74

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »
Hello Dieter,

Every time I install new scenery into FSX or P3D I rebuild the database for Plan-G.  This is why I brought up this question because I thought it would show!?!  Seeing that it did not...I thought it might be a .csv file??

I am at a complete loss at to why these are not working correctly??  I have the latest Plan-G installed -though it should not matter- and I have my FSX/P3D directories in the right spot for Plan-G.

Totally Stumped.... :o :o :o

Tim.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:26 AM »
You write that you rebuild the database for PlanG??
Actually the database that is rebuilt is for FSX, P3D, FS9 or X-Plane.  Depending on your selection and the sim you use.
As Dieter says there is no .csv file for Misty's Place because it has an AFCAD for its location and after rebuilding the database for your sim it will show as an airport along with PF21 the Misty's Seaplan dock.

Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 10:29:14 AM »
Another possibility:

Go to tab
"Map"
and make sure that (the airports)
- Large
- Medium
- Small
are  checked
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

geezer

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
If I make a flight plan from PAKT to a market using a csv in Plan-G, it won't work in the GPS because the marker isn't an afcad.  Is there a way to convert the flight plan to a different flight plan that will work in the GPS without creating an afcad and without the hassle of inputting lat/long into the the FSX map?

Timmy74

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 07:36:22 PM »
[quote
"As Dieter says there is no .csv file for Misty's Place because it has an AFCAD for its location and after rebuilding the database for your sim it will show as an airport along with PF21 the Misty's Seaplan dock."
[/quote]

Hello Spud,

So why does it not show? That is my question?  I am a little confused to your answer?

Cheers,
Tim.

Timmy74

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 07:40:36 PM »
Another possibility:

Go to tab
"Map"
and make sure that (the airports)
- Large
- Medium
- Small
are  checked

Hello Dieter,

I have tried that several times and and zoomed in and out a few times to as per instructions from TAsoftwear...

I am at a loss!?

Seeing that it is not an RTMM issue I think I will post my issue over at TAsoftwear and see if they have any idea why it does not show??

Thank you gentlemen for your help.

Cheers,
Tim
Cheers

Dieter

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 03:23:01 AM »
I remember I had a similar problem with some other AFCAD airports in New Zealand years ago.

Try following:
Goto File - Options - Locations
You see a window "Additional Scenery Locations"

Click "Add" and specify the folder where your "Misty" scenery is installed.
Example:
D:\F S X\Return to Misty Moorings
or
D:\P3D\Return to Misty Moorings

Then rebuild database again
Many greetings
Dieter

Timmy74

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:10 AM »
I remember I had a similar problem with some other AFCAD airports in New Zealand years ago.

Try following:
Goto File - Options - Locations
You see a window "Additional Scenery Locations"

Click "Add" and specify the folder where your "Misty" scenery is installed.
Example:
D:\F S X\Return to Misty Moorings
or
D:\P3D\Return to Misty Moorings

Then rebuild database again

Will do...  Will report back.

On a side note....I had a look at "oldscenery.cfg" file that istored in my Tongass Fjords file and have noticed a hell of a lot more entries in that .cfg file and a much newer date, is this correct???

Should I turn the "old" scenery file in Tongass Fjords file (which I am guessing was a backup) and replace it with the current "scenery.cfg" file??? 

Cheers,
Tim.

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 04:31:06 AM »
have noticed a hell of a lot more entries in that .cfg file and a much newer date, is this correct???
I cannot confirm that - speaking from my system.
Normaly this "oldscenery.cfg" file is just a backup of the active scenery.cfg saved on the date you installed Tongass Fjords.
Many greetings
Dieter

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 08:59:25 AM »
Tim,
What version of Plan-G are you using?  Can't read it from your screenshot very well but it appears to be an older version.
I'm running v3.1.3.113
Also are we speaking of FSX or P3D sim?
 8)
Later,

Spud

Timmy74

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 06:55:39 PM »
have noticed a hell of a lot more entries in that .cfg file and a much newer date, is this correct???
I cannot confirm that - speaking from my system.
Normaly this "oldscenery.cfg" file is just a backup of the active scenery.cfg saved on the date you installed Tongass Fjords.

Hi Dieter,

Well after a full night of trial and error.....still nothing!?!

I tried your "add" method and I gave up after a few hours of Plan-G "loading new scenery".

I also tried swapping my "oldscenery.cfg" file with the current "scenery.cfg" file -while removing the "old" from the title and reloading FSX.  Still after a few hours of Plan-G "loading new scenery" I gave up again!?!

I have concluded there is something major wrong on my end because my "scenery.cfg" file found in FSX folder has only 120 entries in it where as the "oldscenery.cfg" file found in my Tongass Fjords folder has 384 entries!?!

I am well and truly scratching my head!?! ??? :-\ :o

Timmy74

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »
Tim,
What version of Plan-G are you using?  Can't read it from your screenshot very well but it appears to be an older version.
I'm running v3.1.3.113
Also are we speaking of FSX or P3D sim?
 8)

Hello Spud,

I am too running V3.1.3.113.    FSX (full version) and P3Dv3.2 (Academic) running on my machine and connected to Plan-G.  All running with Admin rights too.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
The scenery.cfg file in your FSX folder is the original default version, put there when FSX was first installed. The current, working version (Windows 7, can't speak for anything else) is found in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. Disregard the one in the FSX root folder. It's worthless.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support