Author Topic: Orbx confusion  (Read 2956 times)

Dieter

Orbx confusion
« on: June 09, 2016, 05:25:54 AM »
By openening FTXCentral now you will be prompted to do latest "updates".
After doing so
- you have the old version 2.0 again
- you have to switch between the regions again
- "North America Freeware Packs" are set back to a status of March 2016

very confusing !

Additionally the Orbx forum is closed without any further announcement (most likely they're moving to another server. I feel a bit like leaving me in the lurch)
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Orbx confusion
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 07:14:18 AM »
There`s now a statement from JV on the FTX forums:

read here:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/116231-important-forum-down-time-and-ftx-central-2/

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 07:51:23 AM »
So far, no problems here. Guess best for me not to do anything untill they get it all straight. If it's working...

D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:53:00 AM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:32:23 AM »
There`s now a statement from JV on the FTX forums:

read here:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/116231-important-forum-down-time-and-ftx-central-2/

ORBX Site is offline so link does not work.

I ran into the retrograde of FTX Central yesterday evening and this morning there was another update to FTX Central that once again sets it up to no switching regions as it was before all this screwy back and forth happened.
I did not "Apply" anything or start FTX during the retrograde of FTX Central and things seem to be OK with my ORBX Scenery so far this morning.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 10:18:32 AM »
seems it`s an on and off status with the ORBX site... so you might try it again.
I was able to acces the site again.

Here is JV`s comment:
"Hello everyone,
Please allow me to firstly apologise for the extended downtime we've had this week on the forums and the website. Believe me, it's not by choice that this has happened and we're working with Jay to try to get things back on track. Jay's service provider has moved several servers to new hardware and the migration process has not been quite as smooth as hoped. This is not Jay's fault, he has been up to early hours of several mornings to try to minimise the impact.

Please be aware that this server migration was forced upon us by a third party hosting company and not planned by us but we're hoping it stabilizes very soon. We would never release a major update like FTX Central 2.1 and then choose to migrate servers at the same time. We have been planning a coordinated and disruption-free move to completely new hosted servers in July and we may move that forward now.

The second issue Is some people seem to be experiencing is disruptions to ground textures etc from the migration to FTX Central 2.1 Unified lclookup. Whilst the overwhelming majority of users will have no issues there seems to be some who are experiencing an incomplete migration. Again, I apologise for this and despite months of extensive testing (since mid-April) some issues have slipped through the cracks. We've discovered one bug already that affect FTX NZ regions and the fix is ready to be pushed out.

To put things into context FTX Central v2.1 has been installed by over 7,000 people, with only around 10 people reporting issues so far.

Now for the good news!  It's not a disaster for those with corrupt textures and other issues, because all the files you need to display everything properly are all still there, and we'll push out a fix ASAP.

However, here's what we don't want folks to do:
Don't try to establish expert solutions on non-Orbx forums - this is only going to do further damage to your installations.
Don't try to manually revert to the pre-unified FTX Central setup. The migration is a very complex process and cannot be easily reverted.
If you haven't downloaded the latest Orbxlibs or migrated FTX Central, please hold off doing so for a few days until the team can push a fix out.

At present Ben McClintock is at 35,000FT over the Pacific Ocean flying to LAX then JFK for the FlightSimCon 2016 conference this weekend. He has been made aware of these issues and he'll likely address them as soon as he can connect and investigate.

So once again I'm very sorry, we're aware of the situation and we're doing our best in the circumstances given the server dramas and most of the management team travelling to the US."

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals