Author Topic: Trees all over PAKT  (Read 2816 times)

John

Trees all over PAKT
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »
Hey guys,
I recently installed Global Vector & Global openLC NA on top of my Global Base.  Now I have trees on the north end of rwy 29 as well as the north txwy & scattered around the tarmac at PAKT.  I'm using FSX and have the PAKT scenery from Pacific Fjords.  What did I do wrong or how can I correct this issue?  Mistys Place looked great but haven't checked any further.  I know one of you fellas can figure it out ;D ;D

John

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Trees all over PAKT
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:25:36 PM »
Hi John,
     Can you post a picture of it?  It would help determine what's going on.  I'm also wondering about your scenery library order, but we can investigate that later.  Take a screenshot and post it, so we can see what you are seeing, please.  Thanks. 
     Also, take a look at Annette Island to see if trees are scattered there.  Misty's Place is probably not the "best" place to check.  It is totally created by RTMM, whereas PANT is a default FSX airport (with scenery added to it). 
     Open FTX Central and cycle regions.  That is, choose a different region and then switch back.  See if that fixes it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:41:50 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 08:17:12 AM »
John,
after installing Global VECTOR did you open the Configuration Tool and click on the Airport Elevation Correction tab and run the Auto-Configuration routine?.  (Will not correct trees but needs to be done.) After that click on Water Features tab and uncheck Frozen Surface (in Winter only).  That may remove your trees.
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
I had the same problem at a different airport and was told to make sure that the landclass folders where at the bottom of the FTX folders not where the installer put them at the top, Did that and it corrected my problem

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »
Indeed as av8erjm says the installer for ORBX LC places the LC files incorrectly at the top of the scenery library.  This should be remembered because any additional LC files ORBX may release will cause them to be moved from their proper location back to the top of the library again.

Here is a cut n' paste from the ORBX Guide of the correct order of how your scenery library should be arranged.

3rd Party Scenery (Any scenery you wish to display above Orbx FTX scenery)
OZX Scenery (Freeware designed to fit with FTX Regional software)
FTX Full Regional Scenery & Airports
Tongass Fjords (Fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords Regions)
FTX OpenLC Scenery
Named Default Scenery Entries
FSGlobal 2010 Entries
FTX Global Vector Entries (OBJ, APT, CVX, EXX)
Numbered Default Scenery Entries
FTX Global Vector Entry (AEC)
"Default Scenery"
"Default Terrain
Later,

Spud

John

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »
Thanks for all the help. :)  I moved the LC files down where they belong and all is well. 8) No more trees all over out of place.

Spud, I also ran the Vector config.  Thanks for the heads up on that.  ;)

John