Author Topic: Best Grumman Goose for FSX  (Read 8796 times)

williamb

Best Grumman Goose for FSX
« on: April 01, 2016, 11:53:09 PM »
Hello, I am WilliamB and new to "Return to Misty Moorings".  I have the areas correctly setup and tested for Objects at PANT.  Have taken several flights out of Misty's Place in A2A's Cub and a RealAir Scout .  I am looking for help in finding an FSX Grumman Goose that models the flying characteristics well.  I find the RPM does not function correctly in the FSX Grumman Goose.  I added the OZ upgrade and it also has problems.  Really would like a Grumman Goose that models the original aircraft.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

If this is not the forum for this request please point me in the right direction.  The website is terrific and I look forward to flying and learning all the site has to offer.

WilliamB

Dieter

Re: Best Grumman Goose for FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:47:32 AM »
OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux 1.20

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/633-ozx-grumman-goose-hd-redux-120/

and Expansion Pack:
- OZx Goose HD Expansion Pack 1.03

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1386-ozx-goose-hd-expansion-pack-103/

Grumman Goose Flight Dynamics v1.0.1
-  goose_dynamics_v1.0.1.zip
avsim
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=177453
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:38:22 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:55:47 AM »
Dieter is correct, and there is a Misty Moorings repaint for it on the "enhancements" page. When I'm not flying the Beaver, I am flying the Goose. Great aircraft.  And WELCOME to RTMM!

williamb

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »
Thank you both for your responses and for the welcome to RTMM.  I will try Dieter's recommendations and also the Misty Moorings repaint.

WilliamB

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
I haven't found that "update" for it either ... if anyone runs across it perhaps they could post the url. Enjoy the Goose ... but most of all enjoy flying it at RTMM!!! :-)

Doug

williamb

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 04:41:44 AM »
I wanted to update you both on my progress.  I downloaded and installed the Grumman Goose files Dieter recommended.  The Grumman Goose Flight Dynamics upgrade v1.0.1 improves the flight characteristics and functioning of the constant speed prop for both the FSX Standard Goose and the Standard Goose provided by OZx.     The OZx redux also provided a Grumman Goose equipped with 650HP R985s rather than the standard 450HP R985 engines.   I don't believe the higher HP version of the Goose ever made it to the commercial market but the simulated  OZx HP version of the Goose seemed to fly well and everything functioned.

I look forward to flying both aircraft around the RTMM world.

Thanks for the recommendations.  WilliamB

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
The Goose updates are well hidden on the OZX site under "paints".

Here's the link to all the Goose files:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/29-north-america/

8)
Later,

Spud

sunjunkiesi

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 06:36:18 AM »
Hi Guys

I'm also interested in the Goose, so was pleased when this thread appeared.  I wonder if anyone else has had problems with the redux Goose getting up to 40mph on water, and then FSX giving me the "SPLASH!" message and resetting me as if I have ditched a land based plane in water?

I've tried deleting and re-installing the Goose a couple of times, so it's a repeatable error.  The only way around it seems to be to turn "detect crashes and damage" off, which kind of defeats the realism side of things for me.

Thanks for the help everyone, and keep up the good work.  I'm only on the c's of visiting all the RTMM locations, and I'm utterly hooked!

Si

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 04:16:23 PM »
If your using Crash Detection in FSX there is only one GOOD solution and that it TURN OFF Crash Detection.  Scenery add on files many times have the crash detection box that surrounds all scenery objects set quite a bit larger than the actual object (like a patch of weeds or flowers etc.) that will cause a crash when your not even close to the object.

A search of the forums will show many posts about the sim crashing for seemly no reason and the advice is always the same turn off Crash Detection.
 8)
Later,

Spud

SUBerben

• Fly & Smile - Virtual Aviation
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »
Hello All,

The link for the aussiex websit looks to be down. Anybody have already download it in past and can share? Or let me know where I can download it.

Thanks,
SUB
SUBerben

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 01:55:09 PM »
The aussie (OZx) site crashed over 3 years ago.. search simvation or avsim for it.

(I probably have it somewhere, willl take a looks)

Norm.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

SUBerben

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »
Thanks Kaha,

The link to youtube works, but no luck with the download, flightsim point to aussiex, same issue.
SUBerben

kaha

i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

SUBerben

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
You make my day Karl !

Downloaded, installed and tested ... works like a charm

Thanks
SUB
SUBerben