Author Topic: AI Shipping P3dv3.2  (Read 9821 times)

rick66

AI Shipping P3dv3.2
« on: March 27, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »
I wonder if anyone can help me out, is anyone using this in P3dv3.2, because i just tried to install this package and i get a CTD witha P3dsim1dll error?

Rick

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: AI Shipping P3dv3.2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:54:21 AM »
I wonder if anyone can help me out, is anyone using this in P3dv3.2, because i just tried to install this package and i get a CTD witha P3dsim1dll error?

Rick

I am running all the RTMM shipping along with Henrik's vessels in P3Dv3.2 with no problem.  I searched my system and don't have P3Dsim1.dll on my machine.  The traffic files are in the P3Dv3.2\Scenery\World\Scenery folder.  You could move them to a temp folder and see if error is still there.

RCFlyer

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »
I loaded the RTMM AI Shipping the other day and had the same CTD (sim1.dll).  I too use P3DV3.2.

I unloaded the AI shipping files and the sim worked fine.  So, you are not alone on this one.

Regards,

Danny

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
I Googled the sim1.dll error and that has been around for awhile with folks running other packages.  Rod built the installer for the maritime package so maybe he'll drop in here.  A shot in the dark;  clear your shaders folder and let it rebuild and see if the problem still exist.  The package was made for FSX.  When I moved to P3D I just copied the files from FSX to P3D and I didn't experience any problems.  You could also try to do the install to a Temp folder and them move the files to the appropriate location.

In P3Dv3, the Shaders folder is at C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »
Hi Rick,
     I would like to throw my hat in the ring as well.  I do use the RTMM AI shipping package, as well as the worldwide shipping too (in P3dv3.2).  I have not experienced any problems with it at all, and my install story is identical to Dex's.  I don't have that P3Dsim1.dll file on my system either.   :-\
     I concur with the advice to rebuild your shaders cache after upgrading to version 3.2.  I found it to be a necessary step.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
Jeff, I think the file is really Sim1.dll, he just ran the P3Dv3 in front without the space.  I am hoping the cleansing of the shaders folder with fix his problem.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:38 AM »
Dex...while discussing AI shipping... Do you recommend the free AI Shipping global packages from FTX?

Doug

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »
I don't have that.  I use Henrik's packages,  It covers the world with the paints of the real vessels.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:31:49 PM by dexthom »

RCFlyer

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »
Tried deleting the shader file and reinstalling the AI Shipping with no change, still getting CTD with sim1.dll as the fault module.  The CTD occurs as the sim is trying to load the land and sea traffic.

I deleted the shader file before installation; still CTD.  Then deleted the shader file after installation and still CTD.  Always as the sim is trying to load the land and sea traffic.

Oh well.

Regards,

Danny

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
Have you tried installing to a temp folder and moving things manually, vessels to SimObjects\Boats folder and the traffic files the Scenery\World\Scenery folder?  How did you remove the package from your computer?  After removal, does you AI aircraft work OK?

RCFlyer

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »
Hi dexthom:

Yes, I also did the manual install, but, had the same results.  To remove the installation I followed the instruction provided in the zip file.  After removal of the installation, everything, to include my other AI aircraft and boats worked correctly.

Baffling.

Danny

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
Ok, go to AVSIM and get Henrik's full package, install that and see how it works for you.  I installed that today by unzipping to a temp folder and moving the bits and pieces to where they belong.  As for your problem.....  after removal of the RTMM package, does all of your AI work?  Have you checked for FS9 AI aircraft on your system?  Do you have Tongass installed?  If you do, do you see the Tongass vessels operating?  Can you take a screen shot of you Boats folder and send it to me in an IM??
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:01:08 PM by dexthom »

RCFlyer

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »
After removal of the RTMM AI package my other AI works as it should.  I do have WOAI installed, some of those aircraft may be FS9.  That could be the problem I guess.  Interesting that the FS9 aircraft don't seem to cause issues with my other programs.  Yes, I do have TF installed and I do see the TF vessels in their respective areas.

I'll get a screen shot of the Boat folder to you via IM this evening.

Thanks for your interest and assistance.

Regards,

Danny

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 11:51:48 PM »
I Googled the sim1.dll error and that has been around for awhile with folks running other packages.  Rod built the installer for the maritime package so maybe he'll drop in here.  A shot in the dark;  clear your shaders folder and let it rebuild and see if the problem still exist.  The package was made for FSX.  When I moved to P3D I just copied the files from FSX to P3D and I didn't experience any problems.  You could also try to do the install to a Temp folder and them move the files to the appropriate location.

In P3Dv3, the Shaders folder is at C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Most probably this is not an installer issue.  It is an AI conflict quite possibly due to FS9 files or some other overlap of AI files that are not from the ORBX/Tongass/RTMM world.   If you have WOAI installed, have you removed that to see if the shipping package would work without WOAI active.  One thing I have learned is that you need to determine what is your base install....e.g which addons take priority.  For me it is ORBX/Tongass and RTMM.   If I have conflicts, I always reduce to just ORBX, Tongass and RTMM as the base install and see if a new RTMM addon works in that environment.  When you start mixing in other addons like WOAI files etc. they need to be added after the ORBX/Tongass/RTMM base works and then see if they keep working.....

Rod

RCFlyer

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »
Got the issue resolved.  The issue was caused by my having installed TF outside of the P3D main directory.  Therefore, RTMM AI Ship that needed to call the .mdl file from the main directory SimOjbects folder could not find the file.  I copied the required .mdl files into the RTMM Ship model folders and everything worked as designed.

Regards,

Danny