Author Topic: A Book You Might Find Interesting  (Read 2683 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
A Book You Might Find Interesting
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:15:10 PM »
 'The Ravens: The True Story of a Secret War in Laos, Vietnam', Christopher Robbins.

The Ravens were a clandestine group of USAF FAC pilots in Laos that flew the tiny 'Bird Dogs' and called in fighter and artillery strikes on enemy positions. They worked in conjunction with the CIA and Air America and were a wild and crazy bunch of guys, a world away from the regular USAF. Think Apocalypse Now. They lost a lot of guys, too. Nothing was made public because we weren't even supposed to be in Laos at that time. A fascinating read, I couldn't put it down. Reads more like a fiction novel than a war documentary. I found it on Amazon for my Kindle reader.

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: A Book You Might Find Interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »
Just downloaded ... thank you!

D

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 03:45:44 PM »
Thank you for recommending this book. I will download it.....

If you are interested in some books telling the stories of the helicopter crews I can recommend
Chickenhawk by Robert Mason and Lowlevel Hell by Hugh L. Mills.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »
Thank you Corbu. I'll check those links out. Let me know what you think of the 'Ravens'. I thought it was great. Our 'secret' war.
Jsapair