Author Topic: Addon Scenery conflict  (Read 2421 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Addon Scenery conflict
« on: March 10, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
I downloaded the latest ORBX Global Freeware Airports and found a conflict with one of our tours.  The Snow Dog Tour #1 has the hangars and other objects at Talkeetna, AK and the newest Global Freeware airports from ORBX also feature Talkeetna airport.  As the screen shots show our SDT hangars etc. are placed on top of a taxiway at the new airport from ORBX.

Can we move the scenery back so it sits on the grassy area directly behind the taxiway?  That way there is no conflict between Global Freeware airports and RTMM scenery.

Of course if your not a user of the free 400+ airport updates in ORBX Scenery there is no conflict between the two add ons.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:49:55 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Addon Scenery conflict
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »
OK, I've made a change that works for the new ORBX airports.  I've sent it to Spud, and have now made a slight correction in it. I think this is going to work fine ... HOWEVER, it will only look correct if people have the new freeware airports from FTX.  So a dilemma, if I post the new one, it will look screwed up for those who don't have the new airports. If I don't post it, then it will look screwy to those of us who have the new airports. So we have a fix, we are just looking at the application of it.

I'm thinking in the readme to tell folks to download the special airports and give them a link. It only takes about a minute, with a little warning that Talkeetna will look screwy without that fix ... then go with only ONE version for folks to download.  Still working on "how" ... but we have the fix.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 01:05:50 PM »
Doug et al,
your fix for the FTX Global Freeware Airport Pack works great.  A readme in the download with a choice of Snow Dog Tour one would work.  Use A if no Global Freeware airports or use B is Global Pack is installed.

The FTX Global Freeware Pack has over 400 improved airports for North America and it is freeware.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
Doug,
asked me to check out the latest revision to the Snow Dog Tour One after his updating the files.

Available on the Scenery download page is the Snow Dog Tour One.  After unzipping the download you will find two separate Snow Dog Tour One folders.

Folder A is for those who DO NOT have the FTX Global Freeware Airports installed.

Folder B is for those who HAVE the FTX Global Freeware Airports installed.

Use one or the other but only one folder should be installed in your Flight Simulator.

This tour is the same Snow Dog Tour available on the Alaska Adventures.  It is a joint venture between RTMM and Alaska Adventure.

If your not aware of the FTX Global Freeware Airports they are available on the ORBX Freeware Page:

https://fullterrain.com/freeware

The North American Pack has over 400 enhanced airports in North America available.  In addition a separate European Pack had airport for Europe.

8)
Later,

Spud