Author Topic: Alaska Adventures  (Read 7579 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Alaska Adventures
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
GoTo FlyAKA our VA partner.  Great site.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:06:43 PM by Doug »

Stearmandriver

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »
Hey Doug, where do I find your videos on Twitch?  You mentioned a link but I didn't see one, am I missing it?  Or, what do I search for on Twitch?  I'd like to check it out...

Sounds like you're doing the other DC-3 tour, the one up north.  I'm doing the short field hops in a DC-3, all down in RTTM's neck of the woods.  Experimenting with videos and having problems; they look great when I watch them on my computer, but when uploaded to YouTube even at 1080p, they are overly compressed with muddy colors.  I'm going to try some different codecs...  But anyway, here's a DC-3 landing at the Bowser lake strip, the Elliot Fire base.  It's around a 1400ft strip, and I'm thinking that's about as short as she'll do, without a decent headwind anyway:

Stearmandriver

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 06:42:41 PM »
Doug, what hub were you assigned? I got PACD, Cold Harbor...the freaking Aleutians. Some of those legs are 300-600 miles. I sent in a request for a change 'cause I'm a bush pilot not a heavy metal guy. One of the allures was to be able to fly in RTMM land, but, playing Devil's advocate, how would they know. I don't know, but I assume, that you have to book flights from your own hub, which is why I requested a change. I'm sure Norm will chime in in a day or two.

jsapair

I got based in Juneau, which is cool because I love Juneau, it's one of my favorite places in real life.  But here's a secret - I haven't done one AK Adventures flight to or from Juneau yet!  Shhh...  ;-)

Point is, it doesn't seem to matter.  Fly where you like!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 06:52:06 PM »
The recordings are here: https://www.twitch.tv/mistymoorings/profile

The channel is here: https://www.twitch.tv/mistymoorings

I'm basically flying and Twitch is "auto-recording" the session. Some of them have me working with IS3 or changing routes in Plan G ... some are just nice flights to the various locations.  If you go to the profile page, those recordings are there. If you want to see our "channel" page go to the second one above.

I also did the FlyAKA Snow Dogs Tour ... all of the routes are up there.  These only last 30 days, then they bite the cyber dust. But they are fun while they last.

That was a great landing in the DC3. I need to dust off the Misty DC3 and give it a try again.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:55:00 PM by Doug »

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 09:03:51 PM »
Your secret's safe with me, Stearmandriver. That's what I was hoping to hear...fly any route you want.
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 11:44:49 PM »
Did a leg from PAKT to CZST in a C-185. Once there I checked flights from there and saw one to PAWG in a DHC-6. I have the freeware version...the yellow FOPI that's available on FS sites everywhere. One serious amphibian there. But, I guess to avail myself of the re-paints from AKA I need the Aerosoft Payware version, right? I love that plane, just never saw it for sale.

jsapair
Jsapair

John

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 08:13:21 PM »
Hey guys, is anyone having issues with the AKA website or am I the only one?  I can get onto it most of the time but when it comes to moving around I can't get anywhere or download anything >:(

John

jsapair

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 10:44:44 PM »
John, they were having some tech issues with their site but supposedly all was resolved. I just now got to my profile page with no problem.
Jsapair

John

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 03:12:15 AM »
Thanks jsapair, I can move around some but when for instance I go to downloads then tour downloads it brings up the list but when I move to the right hand side and press the download button my browser sits and spins for awhile then spits out a blank page with "The Connection Has Reset" printed on it.  I even tried to write my problem in the forum and when I tried to post it I got "The Connection Has Reset".  Frustrating as hell >:(

John

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 08:21:06 AM »
Hi John,
     After reading your post, I attempted the same procedure.  I successfully downloaded one of the tours by clicking on the download button on the right side, with no problems whatsoever.   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

John

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 04:36:27 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I'm using Firefox but have no trouble with any other site.  Guess I could try a different browser  ::).
My Bluebox seems to have trouble connecting with their server sometimes so I don't know  :-[

John

jsapair

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 09:05:04 PM »
Hi John. I'm using FireFox, too. Right now I'm having a problem with the bid button in cargo Ops not working. Tried 3 or 4 flights. Gonna try a re-boot just in case it's me. I'll get back in a few.
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 09:27:49 PM »
I just needed to mouse-hover a little more on the bid button to find the 'sweet spot'.  I can get to the forums OK. Can DL from the Tours OK, too.
I had time-out problems with the Comodo Dragon browser which is why I switched to FF but I've never seen the error message you're describing in FF. Good luck is about all I can say.

jsapair
Jsapair

John

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 02:48:26 AM »
Thanks jsapair, I'll figure it out eventually  ::)

John

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2016, 08:32:30 AM »
Bid button... this sounds like the flight bluebox search box setting.

1) Go to Bluebox. Info tab (Top left corner)

2) Go to settings - Uncheck Search Flight# box      -uncheck-

3) Go to Bids page.. select a flight..

3) Go to ACARS Home Tab..  Click the Get Flight Info box.. and your selected flight should appear.

----------------------

Note: with this search flight unchecked - search by direct flight number from the ACARS Home but the bids work and will be displayed.

Give it a go.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^