Author Topic: Alice Arm landing challenge ?  (Read 2895 times)

falckenhaus

Alice Arm landing challenge ?
« on: February 12, 2016, 08:25:59 AM »
hi,
i was flying today short flight CZST to CAC3..and decided to try landing Beaver on small pier near Alice Arm because FSX World Map makes a joke about available concrete airfield there ….   
wasnt quite easy  8) but succeeded…
anyway maybe someone of you will take a challenge landing there too :) small competition perhaps ?

have fun

https://youtu.be/aVgkjhLBJ9c

FF

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Alice Arm landing challenge ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:46:20 AM »
Piece of cake!  Now go land at Border Lake Provincial Park, the sandbar.   ;)  Oh, ... or Bronson Creek ... or Helen's Fright.   :D  There is a STOL course laid out at Annette Island, and one is also available to install at Valdez that you can practice short landings at.  Try landing on an oil tanker, too.  Much fun to be had.  Thanks for the video, Franz.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

falckenhaus

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
Thanks for the tips..i'll check them due the weekend  8)

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »
Nice landing and video but, I agree with Jeff on all his suggestion to land at and don't forget a night landing at Helen's Fright...if you dare.  My video called: Trouble Town here in this forum offers a landing at Sandmanns lodge which offers a challenge one can say.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:48:45 AM by FSRobert »
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 05:34:13 PM »
I like "Prayer Lake" too

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:32:29 PM »
I managed to land at Helen's Fright at night one time. But I had to circle three times and finally bail out and parachute in.

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 04:58:57 PM »
I just redid Prayer Lake ... you can see it on TwitchTV with the new route. Spud and I flew it this morning with the new routing in TERRIBLE weather and still landed safely. That one is a fooler! Just when you think you are ready to land ... surprise, it isn't where you thought it was!   You can watch the recording at:

http://www.twitch.tv/mistymoorings/v/50481818

As I'm doing the autoroutes, I'm recording them. They only last 30 days, then they get deleted. But there may be some there you will want to see.  Prayer Lake is fun.

Doug