Author Topic: Legacy Collection: George Inlet Cannery & Nina's Landing  (Read 2896 times)

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
Legacy Collection: George Inlet Cannery & Nina's Landing
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »
Hello RTMM team and/or Brad A.,

After an SSD upgrade, I had a complete reinstall my FSX DX10 and RTMM addons, among others. I decided to put all my Legacy Collection sceneries in separate folders for easier troubleshooting and updating. However, I noticed that the following Legacy Collection scenery "separate" ZIP downloads have the same content:

a) George Inlet Cannery (Version 2.0)(Updated 02.06.11)
b) Nina's Landing (Updated 02.01.2016**)

I would only need to install one, not both (to avoid redundancy) right?  ??? Just need clarification. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:23:03 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Legacy Collection: George Inlet Cannery & Nina's Landing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:29:23 PM »
FYI, Doug just updated the George Inlet cannery area to remove an object that shouldn't have been in there.  George Inlet cannery is very near Nina's Landing.  Install the latest version, and check if both are showing in your sim.  Are you saying that the Nina's Landing scenery has George Inlet included in it, and vice versa?

edit:  Ok, I see it is together in "nina's_landing_george_inlet_cannery_2.0.zip".  (I have the file dated 8/15/2014.)  I don't have the new update yet, but if you grab that you should be good to go.

Disclaimer:  I don't use the "Legacy Collection" myself, so I'm not experienced in that aspect of it.  I will quietly wander off and sit back down now.   :-[
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:38:14 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Trex3D

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:43:45 AM »
Thanks for the reply Jeff.

Since I'm not a first time user of the RTMM Legacy Collection, I downloaded and used the updated individual sceneries with Legacy icons under the alphabetical order Scenery menu instead of the single, consolidated download from the Legacy Collection link intended for those starting out/beginners with RTMM. As I described in my previous post, I downloaded both, compared the contents of both ZIP files and found it identical. I thought if I install both, it might cause scenery issues.  :-\

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
Trex,
your correct that installing both is NOT the way to go.  While the locations in the Legacy Collection and the individual downloads are indeed identical, having duplicate files on the HD is not the way to go.
For those who started with the Legacy Collection they should ignore the individual downloads of the 35 locations included in the Legacy.  If you already downloaded one or more of the locations included in the 'collection' you need to delete those locations before installing the Legacy Collection.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:25:39 PM »
Spud, thanks for confirming. To avoid confusion and duplication for those who want to download the individual Legacy Collection ZIP files among other sceneries in alphabetical order, I think there should only be one downloadable link for both Legacy Collection sceneries: George Inlet Cannery and Nina's Landing. Gladly, I noticed it before firing up my flightsim and could have seen some anomaly..  ;)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
AHA!
it took awhile and some pokein' and prodden' but I finally got this old grey head around the small problem with the Nina's Landing/George Inlet Cannery we have been discussing.
Doug,
what has happened I believe is that when you corrected the anomalies we are seeing at the George Inlet Cannery and put the new download on the Scenery page it has created two Identical scenery downloads.
1. Nina's Landing (both Nina's and George Inlet are in the package.)
2. George Inlet Cannery (both locations are here too.)
While both downloads have a note that they contain the two locations it is confusing and easily missed when downloading scenery.
I recommend that as long as the corrections to the cannery were made to Nina's Landing download
If a newbie get the Legacy he will have both locations and if you download everything separately you still get both location with Nina's Landing.
Separate downloads can easily wind up with dual downloads of the scenery locations.  Not a big problem as each will overwrite the other's files (I think, haven't checked for sure) on install but there is only need for one download file and confusion will be eliminated.
All of the above is applicable to Dog Salmon Creek and Dog Salmon Village as well.

8)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:50:45 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
I wonder if we should continue with Legacy. It is a great idea, but doubles the load for correction. Frankly I forgot all about it when doing the housekeeping. We need to go through it again and make sure the scenery page BGLs store the ones in legacy.  If u look at the top of the here2there page, I'm thinking people should be starting with the cabins, most of which they already have. If they come down thru the flight plans, they can add an RTMM scenery one at a time when one shows up next in the flight plan.

I think I should temporarily unlink the zip button for legacy until I can go thru it and make sure the bgl's are all the latest. Prob is, I'm only in the S's...wading thru them, tweaking as I go, so it will be some time before it is all correct. Glad this came up, I had totally forgotten Legacy and updating it. What is there now is mot correct.

Doug