Author Topic: P3D (3.1) Anomalies  (Read 4714 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
P3D (3.1) Anomalies
« on: January 24, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
I'm noticing something "interesting" with P3D (3.1). A couple of times, when I "slew" a location after landing checking the autoroutes, I find something "off."  Yesterday the tires weren't on many cars and trucks at Kennecott Mining.  Today I landed at Deese Lake and the cabin's smoke was coming from the roof to the right of the stack ... 5-10 feet right.  Both times, I turned on Instant Scenery 3.  At Kennecott ... the tires are all on the vehicles ... at Deese Lake today, the smoke was coming out of the smoke vent.  When I turn IS3 off and come back in, everything is OK.  Not a big problem, but interesting that IS3 "fixes" things and they stay fixed without doing the "save" thing.  I didn't add tires, or move the smoke ... it just readjusted itself. Anybody using P3D ... let me know if you see small off-kilter things like that.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug

Re: P3D (3.1) Anomalies
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
The "smoke" off set was only the SAME problem we see at elevation.  Steve and I (using the new TwitchTV) played with it last night and got to move the little cabin insert (that makes the smoke) so that it positioned the smoke coming out of the chimney. But that offset at elevation problem remains.

I went back to Kennecott mine and looked at the tires on the cars ... WITHOUT IS3, they look fine. I have no idea what that was about. Also, I had seen at problem at Misty's Place where the cars were buried a little into the terrain. That I do not see anymore ... and this is with no changes.  It seems sometimes the V3 just doesn't get some things correct ... but does on a second or third pass.

Doug

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »
I'm again noticing in P3D 3.1, there are no tires on the automobiles in many locations. Yet wee go BACK to them and the tires are there. This is a continuing problem.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »
Hi Doug,

You need to go to the Scenery section of the RTMM site and download the  P3D-Temporary Vehicle Fix.  A while back I found the standard P3D vehicle file to be corrupt.  So, I recompiled it and that fixed the problem.  I believe the corrected file also will take roll and pitch commands so you can create pretty good vehicle accidents.  It just goes to show how few fliers pay attention to the low and slow......I posted it on the P3D boards but they have not fixed it because almost no one complains about it.

Rod   

Doug

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:29:05 AM »
Well if the newbies here think they have a difficult time keeping up, how about the 'oldies'?  I posted that on the scenery page along with the readme and I'm asking about it?  Scarey! :-)  This was a problem P3D had back in 2.4 ... and I'm using 3.1, the latest so they still didn't fix it. Maybe another note back to them, or tell me where to post the note and I'll do it.  That was an easy one for them to fix, all they had to do was download it from RTMM! :-)

Thanks Rod. Sometimes when things are coming at us fast and furious, we just don't pay attention to the details. I sure missed this one!

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »
Gotta keep those vehicles looking good for the "low and slow" crowd which I hope describes most of our users.  I imagine you could post the issue in their forums somewhere....   

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/

Rod

Doug

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:22:37 AM »
I "caught" this when flying "TwitchTV"  I fly the autoroute, and some folks are showing up regularly to fly with me, and when I land, I then go into SLEW and show them around the location. I'm looking for the little anomalies ... off set smoke, no fuel trigger, etc etc ... so looking around is a way of giving everything a "check." I'm amazed that coming through FSX, DX10 and 3 versions of P3D that everything still works as well as it does.

I'll post a comment up on the P3D forum.  It was crazy that I was doing the walk-about and there was a car with no wheels on it. I went back into Instant Scenery to fix it ... and the wheels were there! Sort of embarrassing on "live tv!" :-)

So I'll go drop a comment on that forum.  Thanks for fixing this Rod, shame on me for missing it!

Doug
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:58:07 AM by Doug »