Author Topic: Flying the RTMM Flight Plans  (Read 21349 times)

Dieter

Re: Flying the RTMM Flight Plans
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
Well, sorry,
Koknut Cabin was not missing, but had a misspelled name and was placed about 0.6 NM southeast of the new one.
See here:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/cabins/index.php
Kolnuk R (P) (M) (F)    
Position here:
N56 35.82 / W132 27.00 - 9'    N56 35.84 / W132 27.04 - 105*

Doug, please correct the necessary bgl files so that there is only one Koknut Cabin left.

Dieter

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 07:21:32 PM »
The Real cabin is located at N56 35.22   W132 26.4   That is the location of the Plan G Green Dot and the location of the new cabin I put in.  The location is confirmed with THIS URL

The new cabin I put in is at that Plan-G, correctly-placed green dot. That's why I put in the new cabin, there is no cabin at that spot.  It looks like the old cabin (the one located at: N56 35.9193  W132 27.0016) was originally misplaced. So We should go with the NEW CABIN I just put in and delete the older one. Correct?

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 02:16:31 AM »
Yes, correct, Doug.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:48 AM »
OK, old cabin taken out, new one installed at correct position.  This is why I'm spending the time on flying all of these routes. We've been 5 years on this project and we've learned a lot over that time. So I'm finding many "little" things that are not correct ... things "off the ground", no fuel triggers for fuel pumps showing, etc. I fly them, then slew them, fix the flight plan and fix the scenery if necessary.  It is taking a lot of hours to do this, but I think the result will be worth the effort. Sort of like a spring housecleaning!  Latest changes are on the NOTAM's.

And along the way, you run across another picture postcard setting .... Lavender Lake ... amazing ...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:49:42 AM by Doug »

BBQSteve

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 02:25:51 PM »
May I ask why you are adding fuel triggers? For me at least, it is quite annoying to get your plane ready and begin taxi to only find out you just refueled your plane to 100%. Which is even more worse when taxiing in and hit them only to get an i-air refueling flag on your PIREP.

Just an opinion.

Doug

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 02:40:01 PM »
Sure, happy to answer your question. We were routinely criticized for having INACTIVE fuel pumps at docks (decoration only). Also people were asking for more fuel across the RTMM areas so they could "get back home." So we decided to go after all the inactive fuel pumps and make them work. We also looked at our geography and strategically placed pumps where people would need them. Not all docks have them, of course, so you don't have to start at a dock with a trigger. Also if you see a fuel pump coming, just avoid it.  About 90% of our docks do not have fuel.  So you will only encounter this problem at only 10% of the locations.

Doug/RTMM
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:48:04 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »
Doug,
Explain to him how fuel triggers can easily be turned off in each scenery file that has one. Would solve his dilemma.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
Thank you Steve.  Yes, for any scenery you are concerned with, all you have to do is go into that file and look for anything that says "...fuel trigger.bgl"  It might be "Sandy_point_fuel_trigger.bgl" or anything like that. Simply rename the file by changing "bgl" to "off".  That way your plane will not see the fuel trigger.  You can actually do a scan of all our locations looking for " *trigger.bgl" and rename them with a find and replace too. Be careful with this. But if you make a mistake you can always redownload anything you might mess up from our site ... always free of course.

Doug

BBQSteve

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 10:08:55 PM »
Thanks for the explanation and fix.

Carry on!

Doug

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 10:14:04 PM »
I think if you just search your MistyMoorings folder where you put our stuff for "trigger" you will find all of them. That word is in every one.  Then rename bgl to off and you are all set. But if you run out of gas, off to bgl will get you back home! :-)

Doug

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:29 PM »
Better too many fuel docks than too few, in my book. BBQSteve...at one time you could find yourself hundreds of miles from home and running out of fuel, with no fuel in sight. True bush guys are abhorrent to auto fueling in flight...that's cheating...you need to get to a fuel dock. That's why myself and others requested that fuel docks be added, especially to the more remote locations, and the RTMM team graciously responded. Remote is relative to your starting point, is it not? If all of your flights originate from Mistys or PAKT then, yes, a fuel dock 100 miles away seems a little redundant. But a tour of the glaciers can eat up fuel...RTMM added a fuel dock at Stewart. It's an ongoing process.
   But a lot of us start or end a flight in some remote strip in the hinterlands, and can now be reasonably certain that fuel will be available somewhere within range.

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
I paid no attention to fuel, had the "never run out" button checked for years. Then you folks started nagging (  ;) ) me about fuel triggers and I started putting them in. Now you have messed up my head. I never leave the dock without a full tank, and I always "fill her up" when I see a dock with a pump.  So you've messed up my simple life! :-) 

For fun ... have you seen this?   ORBX put it in (I didn't).  Ran across it in a remote area last night while on TwitchTV ... grabbed a screenshot.  Has anybody else seen it and do you know where it is?

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
FSX has ship wrecks in several locations.
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 01:01:08 PM »
my old flight instructor told me the only time too much fuel is a bad thing, is if you crash and the aircraft catches fire. I did hear of a guy at Newport OR that landed short due to fuel starvation and then watched the left tank catch fire and burn the aircraft to the ground, but that as they say is another story

Doug

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 01:55:02 PM »
Its really fun flying all the routes. I"m almost done with the L's.  And things like this are fun to come across. This wrecl was on an island WAY out in the water ... not close to shore at all.

For anyone interested, I have about 25 routes "recorded" up on TwitchTV ... look for the MistyMoorings channel. You can see me messing with the routes, etc.  But basically it is just flying in a beautiful area.  I'm flying "summer" and "fair weather."  It makes it so much better on the "broadcast". I'm tired of the darned snow and gray clouds.  Summertime up there is really breath-taking.

Changing a lot of routes as I go. Some are WAY too long, one yesterday was 1 hour and 25 minutes! Land almost not in site in any direction.  Not necessary when another little airport is much closer ... and one nobody probably has ever seen. Where the autopilot takes you into a mountain, I fix it to go around.  Many of the landings are tricky as hell ... so a lot of fun.  I'll say it like a broken record. If you aren't flying the cabins, you are really missing something special. They are tucked away in some awesome locations, fun to find, and tough to land near.

Often I'm finding a tundra landing is better than water, for those cabins back from the shore. So after the name of the flight plan, I put -tundra ... so you will know you can land tundra.  If any part of the plan goes above 1200 feet ... I'll also at the end of the name put -[altitude] ... so you'll be ready to climb to 4500 feet if it is necessary. If you don't see any suffix, then its 1200 feet and amphibian, mostly water landings.

Check out the recordings on Twitch. They disappear in 30 days.

Doug