Author Topic: ORBX and RTMM and FSX  (Read 6576 times)

PeterW

ORBX and RTMM and FSX
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »
I have been searching the web for hours concerning ORBX and have read that it has problems with Direct 10 (I think that is correct).  I tried to find out if Direct 11 was a problem but could not find any information.  It seems from what I have read that the ORBX’s night lighting doesn't work or somehow disables lights showing up at night.  I have Ultimate Alaska X installed on my system. 

Some times I like to fly at night and I like see the city lights.  I also like to see the runway lights when I try to land of take off.

I have FSX SP2 running on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  I have a very fast computer also.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

I hope I haven’t muddied the issue.  I recently joined Alaska Adventures and they point to you as a source of great places to visit in FSX.

Thanks,

Peter Woodward
Peter

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: ORBX and RTMM and FSX
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
Hi Peter, welcome to RTMM and our forum. Our folks will have an answer for you shortly.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »
Welcome aboard Peter,
If your trying to use the DX10 Preview mode of FSX simply by checking the DX10 box it will not work correctly that way there is a "fixer program" available that will make it work correctly.  Somebody here will steer you to that program hopefully as I don't use DX10 Preview myself.

As for Ultimate Alaska that is not an ORBX product and I have no information as to how well it works etc.  I do know that running ORBX scenery and other scenery such as UTX etc. does cause conflicts at times and most of the time there are work arounds.

RTMM scenery is designed to work within ORBX PNW, PFJ, SAK, and FSAddon's Tongass X so those are required payware plus FSX Acceleration along with the RTMM Libaries.

This is all listed on the Home Page here at RTMM and you should have those if you want to utilize RTMM scenery to the fullest.

8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »
Hi PeterYou've come to the right spot regarding FSX and DX10. It's true that ORBX products -and everything else for that matter - don't render properly with DX10 preview checked. There is a utility called "Steve's DX10 Fixer" that has addressed 95% of the problems with the DX10 preview. It
s been around for a long time now, is a mature utility, has thousands of users and works extremely well. It can be purchased here (Money well spent. It makes the FSX experience much more engrossing.):

http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/product/dx10sceneryfixer

Blog site here:

http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/product/dx10sceneryfixer

Tons of support here:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/569-dx-10-discussions-hints-and-help/

http://www.avsim.com/forum/644-the-official-dx10-scenery-fixer-support-forum/

Be sure to post back if you need any help.

Steve

Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

PeterW

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 01:01:44 AM »
I have FSX Deluxe.  I read that the expansion pack is required for RTMM software to work.  I noticed on Amazon.com that I could purchase the expansion.  I read that there might be some issues on installing the Expansion Pack.  I suspect that it may be a problem if SP2 is already installed.

Any Comments?

Peter
Peter

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »
Peter,
yes SP2 does present a problem and must be removed prior to installing Acceleration.
 8)
Later,

Spud

PeterW

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »
Thanks for the information.

I was wondering if FSX Steam would work with your files?  I read it was 99% the same as the original FSX.  I am considering setting up a second setup of FSX because some of my Aircraft I read would not like he Acceleration modification.

Also is it possible to put the acceleration version on a separate hard drive and be able to use it two or would there be Registry problems.
Peter

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »
I've never heard of any aircraft that's working correctly in FSX SP2 not working with Acceleration. Is it an aircraft that was converted from FS2004 for FSX use?

Our scenery works fine with Steam.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

PeterW

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
I'll have to see what I can find out.  Thanks

Peter
Peter

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 11:34:29 PM »
Here is a thread from flightsim.com concerning Acceleration and SP2 that might be of interest.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?248649-Difference-between-FSX-SP2-and-Acceleration
Later,

Spud

PeterW

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 06:38:26 AM »
Thank you for the link.  I read it and now know what I must do.  I need to spend some time doing a clean install as it warned that some of the add-ons may have changed the configuration.  I should have my acceleration disk by a week from Monday.
Peter

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »
Peter, I think you already bought acceleration...but don't forget there is Prepar3D...$49. I'm having zero problems with it.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »
Just a hint; before going to the trouble of a complete reinstall, back up your current one and then install Acceleration to see what happens. It may install without a problem. If something goes awry you can always do the reinstall. Doesn't hurt to try. BTW I've installed Acceleration several times over a current installation with no problems after removing SP2 first.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

PeterW

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
I appreciate the suggestions.  I will make a back copy of my FSX, un-install SP2, and install the Acceleration.  It looks like Prepar3d is really popular.  I took a look at Prepar3d and wondered if all the pay ware aircraft would install properly in Prepar3d.  I noticed that PMDG had the same aircraft for FSX also designed specifically for Prepar3d.  I also saw that some software was listed for sale with FSX Prepar3d listed.  Maybe they are good for both.  While others such as Captain Sim's C-130 and B-767 are listed for FSX only.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:13:38 AM by PeterW »
Peter

PeterW

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »
I have done some additional reading and was wondering what to think.  I read that SP2 is included in acceleration.  Other places said that acceleration could be installed without installing SP2. 

Thanks,

PeterW
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:36:54 AM by PeterW »
Peter