Author Topic: P3Dv3 -Something isn't right  (Read 4154 times)

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
P3Dv3 -Something isn't right
« on: October 25, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
Hello
I am converting to P3Dv3 as quickly as possible.  With only SAK missing from ORBX most requirements are met.  Tongass, is working...it took a bit, but it is working...so far...so good.  Since this is a new installation, I decided to install RTMM from scratch.  The Object tester revealed everything, except the yellow smoke.  I double checked, and the library is there, just not the smoke.  Misty's place is working just fine, so is Herring Bay, but things like Aiken is not.  It doesn't show up in the "go to airport" and if I fly over, it's not there.  but why?  Did I do something wrong, or are some of the destinations just not P3Dv3 ready? 

Having Misty's place working means I can fly the Alaska Adventure PNW to Misty's place, so I will give it a try, but I am anxious to get all of Misty working in P3Dv3 and get rid of all the rest.

You help and advice is appreciated....

Henry

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: P3Dv3 -Something isn't right
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:25:41 PM »
I'm not at my FSX computer right now so I can't remember the exact file name, but make sure that smoke effect - found in the Medical Temp library - is in your effects folder. For some reason numerous users have trouble with the smoke not showing up.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »
Thanks Ualani for the quick reply.  I installed the Medical Temp Library as normal, but I am not sure I did the effects!  Back to the computer......

Any idea about why some places are showing up (Like Misty's) but most others aren't.  I understand those dependent on SAK may not, but that is the only thing lacking.  I may have missed something else but I didn't think so......I will check back later

Henry

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
The Smoke is back....forgot the effects!  Here is a little more infor.......Aiken Creek Cabin doesn't show up, but I have just installed CIRP without a problem.  I wonder what is wrong.
Thanks again for your help
Henry