Author Topic: Correct priority order in P3Dv3 scenery library  (Read 12654 times)

Martyson

Correct priority order in P3Dv3 scenery library
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:45:33 AM »
Hello,

Just joined the Misty Moorings forum.

I am using P3Dv3.

Just installed Misty Moorings Library and Mistys Place files to get started.
I used the Scenery Objects checker and it was correct for what I have installed. Then I disabled it.
I ran P3Dv3 and went to Mistys Place and it looked good and I heard sounds (sea gulls e.g.).

At this point I need to verify that I have the Misty Moorings scenery in the correct priority order within a mix of ORBX and a few of my payware airports.

I did a screenshot for a look at what I now have.

Red area is RTMM.

2 Blue areas are ORBX.

Yellow area is my payware airports.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Correct priority order in P3Dv3 scenery library
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 05:38:06 PM »
I'm not a P3D user so can't make an 'educated guess' but normally we keep the RTMM Libraries in the same area as the RTMM scenery files.  Some folks place them above the RTMM scenery entries and others keep them directly under the RTMM files. 

The most important thing is that the RTMM scenery files remain above the FTX/ORBX scenery as those are the 'base level' that RTMM scenery rests upon.  If RTMM files are 'lower' in the scenery library there is a possibility that FTX excludes, exclusions and elevations etc. could interfere with how RTMM scenery displays.
 8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 05:52:30 PM »
I'm not a P3D user so can't make an 'educated guess' but normally we keep the RTMM Libraries in the same area as the RTMM scenery files.  Some folks place them above the RTMM scenery entries and others keep them directly under the RTMM files. 

The most important thing is that the RTMM scenery files remain above the FTX/ORBX scenery as those are the 'base level' that RTMM scenery rests upon.  If RTMM files are 'lower' in the scenery library there is a possibility that FTX excludes, exclusions and elevations etc. could interfere with how RTMM scenery displays.
 8)

+1 Spud  ;)

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Martyson

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:49:14 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

I will move the lower red block of scenery up to be above all ORBX and just below Mistys Place.

I assume the order of the RTMM pieces are in the correct order as I have it e.g. runway being last.
Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:22:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

I will move the lower red block of scenery up to be above all ORBX and just below Mistys Place.

I assume the order of the RTMM pieces are in the correct order as I have it e.g. runway being last.

Hi bueno Domingo

lets me know,
 have  you read the manuel FTX ORBX for priorities scenery ??  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74348-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Martyson

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 07:13:32 AM »
Patrick,

Thanks for the reply.

The link in your reply did not work.

Yes, I have read the definitive guide .. maybe a year ago or so.

I now have used the ORBS library insertion tool to get the ORBX scenery below the MistyMoorings (screenshot).

Are you able to advise the correct scenery library priority order for the MistyMoorings scenery / libraries that I have?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

dbutterf

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »
Martyson,

I use P3Dv2.5.

Library settings look ok

Dayle
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Martyson

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »
Dayle,

Thanks for confirming.

Much appreciated.

Have a good day.
Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
That sound good Dayle, 

i have OZx NA also +

Patrick

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 11:28:03 PM »
Marty,
the order of the RTMM Libraries is not important as long as you have all the required Libraries installed.  The link Patrick lists is for the ORBX forums and you must be signed in to see the post which is a link to the ORBX Definitive guide.
On a more local level have you read this page concerning RTMM/Library placement?

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#placepriority

follow these suggestion and your RTMM scenery should look correct.

Additionally there are two more RTMM libraries.  1) TEMP Medical LIB and 2) APP Library TEMP if you use the Medical Evacuation scenery or the Alaska Power Project scenery.
 8)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:30:08 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 08:05:15 AM »
Welcome to RTMM,

Rule of thumb I go by is to keep all of our stuff ABOVE the ORBX stuff and set an ORBX Library Insertion Point where the ORBX entries always stay below our stuff. You'll need to read how to do that on the ORBX Forums.

Also keep the FSAddon Tongass Fjords scenery when/if you add that BELOW the ORBX Entries.

Unless I've managed to miss something new in the last few years, that's the best rule of orders I can remember for those three entities.

Brad

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 08:18:30 AM »
Hi
for managing all sceneries  installation i use  this ;

http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/install.html

FSX P3D all versions

Patrick

Martyson

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 10:53:56 AM »
Spud, Brad and Patrick,

Thanks for the additional follow information, instructions and links for scenery setups.
I have the " ORBX Library Insertion Point" doing its thing now ..

I will do as all'ya'all have mentioned and get the additional reading from your links done as well.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »
You're welcome and thank you

Brad