Author Topic: Newly Beavered and Confused  (Read 2221 times)

Akmatov

Newly Beavered and Confused
« on: October 11, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »
Just got my Beaver X and this looks really really good.  But ofc there are 'things'

1) How do I remove/set up the tie downs and wheel chocks?  Checked the nice manual that seems to say nothing about FSX details like this.

2) How can I get rid of the yoke that sits right in front of a lot of gauges?  I have a yoke of my own thank you.

3) Non-Beaver, sort of question.  I have two monitors and move things back and forth all the time.  However, if I move the Knee Board, or my popup GTN 750, to the side monitor they go black.  HELP

This is going to such fun :D

The squeaky wheel will never get oiled unless you ask, but you don't need to be an axle about it.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Newly Beavered and Confused
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 11:37:03 PM »
Hi Akmatov,
     Congratulations on the new Beaver.  Sad to say the yoke of the Aerosoft Beaver is not removable.  If you can move your perspective, you can look around it.  I use TrackIR, and it works pretty good.  But at $150 US, it's not everyone's first choice.  I could not stand to fly without my trackIR system. (and Voice Attack too).  If you're flying on autopilot, or sitting on the ground, you can push or pull the yoke out of the way to see past it too.
     As for the wheel chocks, they come out (if equipped) when the parking brake is applied.  Check your flight sim's key bindings for the parking brakes.  On my system that is      Ctrl+.    , but I use voice attack to activate mine.  I say "parking brake", and they apply or release.  I am not sure if that key combo is default, or if I changed it.  I don't remember.  I use the amphib version, which only has a pitot tube cover, no chocks or tie-downs.
     I use three monitors, and AMD Eyefinity 3x1 configuration.  I've not had that issue pop up on mine, but I neither use the kneeboard or the GTN 750.  Sorry to be no help on that.  :(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:40:10 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Akmatov

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 11:45:23 PM »
Thx Jeff for the info.  Saves me wasting time with google. :)

And the Parking Break was the cause.

And I actually am fortunate enough to have a TrackIR from my last venture into FSing, just have to remember how to install it.

So I'd say your info was just what I needed  :D

The squeaky wheel will never get oiled unless you ask, but you don't need to be an axle about it.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 11:55:34 PM »
Glad I could help.   8)

-------------------------------

???
ps-(I'm wondering, what's all the "blank space" in your post window for?)  ???
 :o  ???  :-\
please don't do that.  Thanks. ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:57:23 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P