Author Topic: Congrats!!  (Read 20726 times)

Dusty_Sourdough

Re: Congrats!!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
Brad,
Ya got a deal.
Pull up a log partner, were gonna have us a good time, bush style. Dusty will stoke the fire in the cabin & well share some good times.

Thank you for explaining & your understanding.
Dusty,

Yer cabin buzzin - skeeter swattin - moose chompin - wolverine wrastlin - airframe stressin - no fly fishin - tundra jumpin scoundrel of the Land O' the Midnite Sun

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
Oh boy, let's not go down this road already... First, I'd never ban without warning (and no, this banter between friends wasn't ban-worthy), and as I mentioned in your post, I already added spoiler tags to hide the images.  So, post at will!  If people want to see the funny pics, they can expand the spoiler tag (usable by the "radioactive icon" in the post editor).

Additionally, I did not remove any posts.  As I stated, if something was removed, it was done by the author themselves.    No conspiracy there, I assure you.  I know very well that removing posts can enrage even the most timid of forum visitors.

Or is that for us lowly forum members to have to do all the explaining?
Alright, no need for the condescending tone, as this couldn't be further from the truth.

Let's get something straight here.  I don't work with the scenery, I don't run it, I don't even have a flight sim installed on my new rig at home yet.   I just design the site, install its functionality and keep it all running smoothly (hopefully!).  I also spend time helping people when they send me questions and issues or need other assistance (and yes, they do need help and I'm happy to assist).     I spent a very large amount of my personal free time helping my father (Doug) get this site up and running, and for it to be a fun and enjoyable place for everyone coming to it.

I've run a number forums in my time, this ain't my first rodeo, and I'm quite experienced in dealing with allowable vs. offending content.    As my good developer friend once said, when I was setting up my first forum back in the day: 
"Running a forum on the internet is like trying to herd a bunch of rabid monkeys with their tails on fire."
    It's really not far from the truth.   You're never going to please everyone, and an admin needs to embrace that fact the moment you create your first discussion area.

At no point was it ever suggested that you guys quit giving each other a hard time, razzing each other with inside jokes, etc..  It was quite apparent that you guys are friends from elsewhere and this wasn't some sort of aggressive behavior.

Relax folks, I'm not out to get you.   Apparently this small crowd has already painted an "oppressor" target on my back, and I'm really not sure why.   I go out of my way to make this place useful/enjoyable for all, and wish to keep it that way.

Thanks for understanding.

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »
OK,
I am sorry for all the misunderstandings & hope to start over a fresh with good times shared by us all.
Thank you for your understanding and splainin. No hard feelers on my end.
Lets let the storm blow on by and have us a good time.

I do like the rabid monkey with the tail on fire bit...ROTFLMAO...bwaaahaa...hack.. @*&%...bwaaahaa
Dusty,

Yer cabin buzzin - skeeter swattin - moose chompin - wolverine wrastlin - airframe stressin - no fly fishin - tundra jumpin scoundrel of the Land O' the Midnite Sun

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »
Dusty,

We're all good. And if we don't actually get a place to talk about anything under the sun, it's still likely that we will all have a good time getting to know one another here at Misty's Place.

I love seeing all the old and new faces coming together in our little world. Makes me smile and to be honest, it's a little humbling. I wish I would've spent more time in my FS9 days at Misty and I missed out completely on Emma. Never got to meet that lassie. I bet she was a sweet lady though because everybody speaks so highly of that experience.

I hope we catch just a little of that lightning in a bottle here. You can never bring back "Emma" as it was, but having some of that comradeship here, now that would be an exceptional achievement I'd be very proud of.

Okay, enough on this. Back to my ferry flight in FSEconomy. I gotta get my bird to "Misty's" I'm missing out on all the fun.

Brad

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »
Thanks Brad  8)

See ya in the air. Safe travels.
Dusty,

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Brad,
in the words of the Skipper to Gilligan "10-4 little buddy" sounds like a winner to me.
 8)
Later,

Spud

BeaverDriver

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »
I've not read the newer posts since this afternoon, but just a quickie "fix" (I'll get to the latest in a second) re the "missing" posts. They are actually in another forum. All are there, so Fritz and I are wrong on that part. Sorry about that. Back in a bit to catch up  ;).
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

BeaverDriver

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »
"Running a forum on the internet is like trying to herd a bunch of rabid monkeys with their tails on fire."

Alright, you guys are picking on me again. My tail is NOT on fire <ROTFLMAO>!!

Yeah, I think this is just growing pains here and nothing more. Dan makes very good points and I agree with him (except my tail isn't on fire! ;D ). Brad I think, really calmed the waters very well. Fritz and I spoke out of turn when we said posts had been removed - they are actually in another forum - our bad (I wish I could remember what the worst thing about getting old was, but the second thing is repeating yourself. I wish I could remember what the worst thing about getting old was, but the second thing is repeating yourself.). It typically takes people a while to get used to our sense of humour (Don is still undergoing treatment, but dammit, he started the whole thing  ;D), and I think our little group needs to remember that. Brad's comments about this being far and away better than the flames that go on in other forums is dead on the money though. In all my years at Don's, I don't think I've seen a single flame attack, and that time is measured in years. At some forums I've been to, the time for the first flame is measured in seconds  :o. Make no mistake, we've had the odd misunderstanding and disagreement, but when those happen we hash the out in professional, courteous manner and we all remain friends without embarrassing ourselves or driving away other potential joinees (which reminds me Dusty, no, NASA did NOT ask if they could use the space between my ears to train astronauts on how to operate in a complete vacuum!! Sheesh  >:(  ;D ).

I agree with Brad. All is good and I think we just move forward from here, keeping things up front and fun-filled, but most of all, keep the banter mature and on a high level (ok, wait for it....   ::)...).

What is obvious, in all seriousness (and you won't hear those last 3 words from me too often!), is that we have extremely good forum moderators and designers here. They are weathering the growing pains (not to mention, "US") extremely well, and we now know we (the forum groupies) can trust them and we can have fun with them. That's worth a lot these days. Kudos guys.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem  :D
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »
(I wish I could remember what the worst thing about getting old was, but the second thing is repeating yourself. I wish I could remember what the worst thing about getting old was, but the second thing is repeating yourself.)

That's hilarious!! And so true. Well, we now have a place for any off topic banter, spandex discussions, etc. Please go visit "Misty's Place" in the forums which Dan has been kind enough to dust off for us. Please read the rules that we need to remember. You don't want to get "Big Buck" on you. He's not too smart but he keeps things in order nicely around here. (And Dan, "Big Buck" is NOT a reference to you. It's our bouncer at Misty's I conjured up.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:50:46 PM by Bradallen43 »

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
Thanks for the kind words on the site, and for everyone's understanding.  Our main goal is definitely to make a place for everyone to have fun and enjoy, so I'm glad we're all on the same page.    Enjoy Misty's Place, I hear the Pontoon Pale Ale is good stuff, not that I know from excessive experience or anything.   :o

(and yes, all tails are on fire until proven otherwise.  The rule has served me well thus far ;) )

pivo11

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 06:36:14 PM »
Gentlemen,

I fear this is all my fault.  I made two threads into one, (as Glenn pointed out), and got all churned up.  I apologise for being a fool, and for getting all bristly.  The only post that went astray was Brad's, as he said, and I went right 'round the bend, I'm afraid.  But I was reasonably polite about it, I think, just wrong.  Well, thanks to Brad and Dan for being such good monkey herders and sorry again to all for falling at the start.

Sigh,
Fritz 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:44:09 PM by pivo11 »

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
I am glad we all were able to come together and resolve this & move on. I again apologize for any thing I did to cause trouble...although I do have a rep to uphold...just joking.

No monkeys were hurt during the making of this docudrama.
Glenn, put the foil down & step away!

Thank you fellas for making a place for us to have a section to have our humor/fun without rattlin others cages. I hope ya got plenty of meds on hand.

Dusty,

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Hey Fritz,  I see you came in a little worse for wear today at this place. Why don't you come on over to the table at Misty's Place and join Spud, Navman, Dan, Dusty and ol Beaverdriver in a round or two, or three. It's on the house so you better enjoy before my money runs out!!

Hiccup! See you at Misty's. This bar here where we've been chatting at is now closed. Off to Misty's Place.

Bushpounder

• Bushpounder's Bush Flying
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »
Man ...... I go to paint one airplane and look at what my kids have done!!! He he he!

BP;)

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 02:45:55 AM »
ROFL !!! That'll teach ya !
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog