Author Topic: Congrats!!  (Read 20785 times)

BeaverDriver

Congrats!!
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
Congrats on the new site and a spectacular piece (very LARGE piece  ;D) of work here, and on an excellent new website. I can't wait to get flying in this area. Thanks very, very much for your hard work (which is indeed, considerable!) and dedication. It's very, very much appreciated.

Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, and yes, I really did "drive" real Beavers at one time  ;) )
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Congrats!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
Hey Glenn,
don't be fooled folks he doesn't mention that he flew in Spandex! (couldn't resist Glenn).
Later,

Spud

Gifford

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »
I'd like to add my two cent and wish your folks a great future.  This work takes a lot out of a guy's life and the reward is seeing the rest of us taking advantage of it.  I do a lot of organizational work for my virtual airline and have managed to interject a lot of bush flying into special projects.  It always feels good to see pilots show up and fly with me.  Congratulations to all who have worked on this project.  Well Done!!!!!

The Gifford

Diggler

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
   Great work guys, I hope you'll have great succes with orbyx products and freeware addons. We bushies are so happy with what you have done so far. 8) :D :D

BeaverDriver

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
Hey Glenn,
don't be fooled folks he doesn't mention that he flew in Spandex! (couldn't resist Glenn).

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :P  :P  :P

;D

For those of you who don't understand this, you had to be there. Hopefully for everyone's sanity, you weren't  ;D

seejay

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
 I want to add my congratulations to all those responsible for these tremendous sceneries,  well done.!!!!
One quick question----what do those clock face like signs mean on the river bank at Misty's.   Could they mean " No Spandex" ?? .    ;)

BeaverDriver

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »
Could they mean " No Spandex" ?? .    ;)

Oh no, it's contagious  :o. These poor people here! Little do they know what's coming  ;)

On another note, got up to Khutzeymateen yesterday and Elliot Lake Fire Base today. Man, nice stuff!!! This is really good.

Glenn

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
Glenn,

I'm not too sure you should be walking around in spandex at Khutzeymateen with all those trigger happy security guards there. They're going to either take a potshot at you or invite you up to their quarters for some closer inspections.

LOL!!  ;)

Brad

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »
I want to add my congratulations to all those responsible for these tremendous sceneries,  well done.!!!!
One quick question----what do those clock face like signs mean on the river bank at Misty's.   Could they mean " No Spandex" ?? .    ;)

Those signs at Misty's are for our amphibious aircraft friends to use if there isn't any space left at the floatplane docks. You can water taxi up the streams and then sink your landing gear into the water, pull up to the land between the signs, give her some power and you should be able to climb out of the water and up onto the land. Then find yourself a parking spot and come on inside for a little visit. On departure, just reverse the process or take off from the dirt airstrip.

Brad

BeaverDriver

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 04:20:50 PM »
Glenn,

I'm not too sure you should be walking around in spandex at Khutzeymateen with all those trigger happy security guards there. They're going to either take a potshot at you or invite you up to their quarters for some closer inspections.

LOL!!  ;)

Brad

I'm more afraid of the latter than the former! After all, Superman wore Spandex (sort of) and the bullets just bounced off him  ;). I suspect the "awe" factor will be so great anyway that they'll forget they even have guns <LOL>!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:37:49 AM »

I'm more afraid of the latter than the former! After all, Superman wore Spandex (sort of) and the bullets just bounced off him  ;). I suspect the "awe" factor will be so great anyway that they'll forget they even have guns <LOL>!

Glenn,
speaking of guns, did you ever notice in the old TV Series that Superman just stood there and let the bullets bounce off his chest but when the gun was empty and the bad guy threw it at Superman 'the man of steel' always ducked?  Bullets no sweat, but a nasty ol' thrown gun might hurt! (or tear his Spandex).

And by the way Glenn, I have it on excellent authority that your Spandex isn't blue or have a big S on the front.
 ;D
Later,

Spud

BeaverDriver

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »
ROTFLMAO - Yeah, the bullets won't hurt him, but a gun thrown at him sure will!! Gotta love that!

Well, maybe not blue, but lots of people have suggested I have a "big red 'ess'" (I think it was 'ess') somewhere  :P :o

;D

(Brad's thinking to himself, "Oh no, what have I done  :P! Not even a week in and I'm having to think about banning posters already  :-[ )

;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:16:08 PM by BeaverDriver »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »
No actually I'm happy to see the old escapades reviving again! We need more of these shenanigans!

I love it!

BeaverDriver

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »
he he he he (note evil laugh)   :o Me-thinks he knows not what he says Spud. "Let the Games begin..."  ;)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »
Glen, you guys reminded me of a flight with Tradewind Caribbean Airlines some time ago, when our Cargo Boss, Ken Malkenski, had to ditch in the Bermuda Triangle.  Thankfully, he had a full load of inflatable dolls on board that ...errrrr....saved his life!    ;D 

Hope that fish at Aiken's Creek is a friendly sort.    ;)

Dragn
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit