Author Topic: Is it a legal hassle for an American to bush fly in both the US and Canada?  (Read 1834 times)

Akmatov

I think Tongrass Fjords is in Canada, right?

So here I am in my US registered Beaver, with my US Commercial Pilot's License wanting to bush fly along the northern Pacific coastal areas and inland.  How can I fly for money, or even at all just for my own pleasure with my girlfriend, in Canada?
The squeaky wheel will never get oiled unless you ask, but you don't need to be an axle about it.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi Akmatov,

I believe Tongass National Forest is in Alaska in its entirety.  However, regularly flying between Canada and US is not a problem for GA aircraft.   Here is one link to show a program to support that:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/canpass/privateair-eng.html

Rod

Akmatov

Exactly what I needed, thx.

I notice you can not charge a fee, so commercial flights would be out, but just you and some friends would be fine.  Hmm, also I'm guessing flying in supplies for cost to locations like medical missions would probably be OK as well as flying ppl to medical treatment.  Just looking at ways to fly in and out of places where there is an international border.  Fortunately, US - Canadian relations are friendly enough even a non-real world scenario wouldn't be wildly unbelievable.  Just messing around with ideas.
The squeaky wheel will never get oiled unless you ask, but you don't need to be an axle about it.