Author Topic: Prepar3D V3  (Read 23187 times)

sra

Re: Prepar3D V3
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 11:20:33 PM »
P3Dv3 is my first run at P3D so I can't compare it with prior releases but it installed and runs on my Win10 Nvidia GeForce system smooth as silk.  Frame rates are great and CPU load looks to be half what it is under FSX:SE.  I haven't had a chance to really do serious flying with it and so far my only installed addon is ORBX Global since they have updated the installer for it.  Once they finish the other v3 installers I expect P3Dv3 to be my goto from what I've seen so far.  I haven't tried my Saitek panels with it because I've had a lot of issues in general with my panels since I switched to Win10.  I may see if they work with P3D but haven't tried yet.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »
     I just finished downloading mine.  ;)   I'm P3Dv3 bound . . . yay.  Wish me luck!   :-\

Thanks for the encouraging words.  Onward and upward!   ::)
;D
Tada!  I am flying, finally, in P3Dv3!  I found a workaround fix for the shader problem in AMD graphics card drivers in the sim.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113579&start=105

It was a simple edit of an .fx file (ParticleCS.fx) to add a "-1" to the code in a certain spot.  Edit the file, and search (F3 key) for "InterlockedAdd" (line number 325) Looks like this:

InterlockedAdd(emitterDrawArgs[emitterDrawArgCountLocation - 1], 1, originalValue);

"... and delete the Shader Cache the problem seems to be gone."
Now my sim is running and so far, so good.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »
Hi Jeff  Welldone
i follow this topic on AVSIM 14 pages .

I'm looking to buy a MSI Radeon R9 Fury X

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
(update)
Hey AMD guys,
     A new graphics driver suite is out.  Radeon Crimson 15.30 has been released, and OMG!!!  I can now achieve 9600x1800 resolution on my triple monitor setup for almost all games.  Previously I was at 5760x1080.  I am flying around the Tongass Fjords area after applying Holger's fix, and checking things out.  No trees in my water.  I copied the airport elevation corrections from the v2 scenery/world/scenery folder also.  All is good now.  I flew from Wrangell to Petersburg, then to Z71 to stop for a coffee. 
     My v3 addon scenery folder is on my M: drive.  One of the changes in v3 was a remote addon scenery folder.  Very strange, but works nonetheless.  I copied my entire addon scenery folder from v2 over to my M: drive, and am adding entries to my scenery library from there.  This turns out to be a good thing, as my P: drive (flightsim SSD) is now bloated with all three sims on it.  I need to let go of FSX and v2 eventually, and just fly in v3. 
     I have yet to install aircraft into the new sim.  I did install my Aerosoft Beaver to it, but nothing else yet.  All in good time.  I'm using the default Piper J3 Cub to do the Alaska Tour in v3.  The sim has not crashed once, and works like a champ.  I almost forgive LM for charging $60 for it.  Almost!!  ;) 
     Thanks Patrick, for all the advice.  Your help has been valuable.  Also Holger, for the TFX terrain.cfg help.  Much appreciated.  I'm a happy simmer.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »
Yep Yep
I'm happy for you Jeff .
And now with your TEST  ;)
for the beaver easy to do : Copy v2.5 /paste all folders in v3  . that all you need

the Tongass take some works to install , but you know the how to .

i can buy my AMD FIJI  HBM   ;D  ;D 

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 08:11:22 PM »
Hey Patrick,
     I flew the Piper Cub around the TFX area this morning.  I followed Holger's instructions to manually edit the terrain.cfg, and it worked like a charm.
     I have been flying my beaver all over North Vancouver Island this afternoon.  It works great.  I also imported my other favorite P3Dv2 compatible aircraft and boats into P3Dv3 as well.  Now I am thinking of HD textures and FTX Trees, etc.  Also "Shade" and REX soft clouds.  It's all coming together nicely.   8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:18:56 PM by jeff3163 »

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 07:09:05 AM »
Nice Jeff  welldone 

Shade !..?   with the sliders in lightning HDR on , for me is top ...

That LM made for US in V3  ..

Patrick

plug_nickel

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 06:27:17 PM »
Thank you kindly NeptuneP2V7 for your P3D install workup; very inspirational. It's taken me several days of installing, running Process Lasso, reinstalling over and over and.... to get to this point:

ORBX has now been installed and is now residing in a directory outside of the P3D root folder along with the P3D Scenery files and Tongass Fjords X.

GOD willing and the creek doesn't rise (it's flooding up in NW Ga.) I'll commence re-linking all the Scenery, Effects, Texture, Sound and SimObject AI cfg. files this weekend. Initially, I'll only be using the RTMM Libraries, Scenery Tester and Misty's Place to run trials.

IF this pans out, I'll post a couple of videos, one showing the Scenery Test and one with the Avatar walking around Misty's Place.

Tested so far, FTX Central 2 as updated and applied the regions correctly.

Right now, I'm absolutely burned out.

plug_nickel

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »
Update on my quest: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

The Bad:
           P3Dv3 will not run when Scenery is not in root folder. At 69% when terrain is initiallizing, the Shader rebuild crashes. I don't know if this is due all Scenery folders, part of them or some of the individual entries within the folders. So I'm back to square one on this front. If you haven't already, take a look at Prepar3D install using Control Panel/Uninstall Program. There are four P3D "modules" installed one of them being Scenery! The other, SimObjects, I feel will also cause fits.

The Good (sort of):
            P3Dv2 runs flawlessly with all of the Scenery folder and Orbx installed outside of root folder in a dedicated folder on a separate drive: Prepar3D v2 root on my F:\ drive and P3Dv2_RTMM on G:\.  FTX Central 2 activates and updates correctly, including Objectflow updates, and once the initial Shaders have been built, it loads quicker as well.

The complete P3Dv2/Orbx install was done without use of EMT. If you want to simplify the Tongass Fjords X install, it will cut down on some of the editing; however, TFX configurator will be functional in the remote location.

The Ugly:
       The initial install requires some time consuming edits, renaming of files during install and relocating one major folder, Texture, back into P3Dv2 root after Orbx is fully installed.
Future updating of Orbx will only require a simple temporary folder rename for maintenance; however, the Texture folder will have to be swapped in and out during the process.

** Side note; with P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 side-by-side install on same drive, I wasn't able to select P3Dv2 for Orbx install. I had to uninstall P3Dv3 to setup Prepar3d v2 / P3Dv2_RTMM.

My intent for this "exercise" was a proof-of-concept in helping me to define my new PC build focusing on a functional RamDrive to run Orbx and Scenery in system memory. At least this can be done with P3Dv2.

So I'm going to keep my current P3Dv2 / RTMM install for further 3rd Party scenery testing and dig back in to the P3Dv3 Scenery conundrum. Once I have this figured out, or at least working to an acceptable level, I'll nuke P3Dv2 start P3Dv3_RTMM all over again.

If you want a short video or two, I'll install the RTMM Libraries and Tester, but alas, there'll be no Avatar. Maybe BoB will work?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:58:10 AM by plug_nickel »

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2015, 07:11:01 AM »
Hi,
in V3 don't miss in Terrain .cfg  this
 [General]
DefaultTextureCount=989

AutogenCount=60

for locating this folder go here : C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

for ORBX don't miss : if not upgrading 4installer to V3 some problem with the objects flow , i recommend YES / NO  clic on "NO" don't execute if you install without new installer some sceneries from V2 .

You can select another x:/  root folder but as V2 is very different location .cfg you have to edit manally some terrain.cfg list and number in V3 .

have a good day

Patrick
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:14:01 AM by NeptuneP2V7 »

plug_nickel

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »
NeptuneP2V7,

Thank you Sir.

P3Dv3 install, Program Data formats and Registry entries are completely different than P3Dv2. P3Dv2 can be fully "manipulated" like FSX; P3Dv3 can't. P3Dv3 is almost draconian.

Now for a another update: Good

P3Dv3 has been installed as E:\Prepar3D v3 _ F:\Prepar3Dv3_RTMM/Scenery

This is done because P3Dv3 "sees" Default folders and loads in a very rigid sequence.

I've run the install many times, changing various settings and it's been stable so far.

Now that I've got P3Dv3 Scenery fully remote, I'm going to start working on Orbx. I'm working on what Orbx installs natively, what's overwritten and Program Data entries using a box stock install of P3Dv3. From what I've seen, the Orbx P3Dv3 vs P3Dv2 install is dramatically different.

"for ORBX don't miss : if not upgrading 4installer to V3 some problem with the objects flow"

Head over to AVSIM and on page 4, look for post by z06z33. He's found a solution to objectflow running in P3Dv3. I had suspected that it had to do with something in the Libraries, but I've just had to much on my plate to investigate this myself. Kudos for a very elegant workaround and it does work, this I've tested.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »
     I just finished downloading mine.  ;)   I'm P3Dv3 bound . . . yay.  Wish me luck!   :-\

Thanks for the encouraging words.  Onward and upward!   ::)
;D
Tada!  I am flying, finally, in P3Dv3!  I found a workaround fix for the shader problem in AMD graphics card drivers in the sim.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113579&start=105

It was a simple edit of an .fx file (ParticleCS.fx) to add a "-1" to the code in a certain spot.  Edit the file, and search (F3 key) for "InterlockedAdd" (line number 325) Looks like this:

InterlockedAdd(emitterDrawArgs[emitterDrawArgCountLocation - 1], 1, originalValue);

"... and delete the Shader Cache the problem seems to be gone."
Now my sim is running and so far, so good.   8)

UPDATE:  If you have the new 15.30 Crimson drivers for your AMD card, you can disregard this workaround.  If you used the workaround, you can "undo it" after installing the crimson drivers.  ;) 

plug_nickel

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 08:57:46 PM »
Update......................
                                 !!!!!! IT'S ALIVE..........IT'S ALIVE !!!!!!

Final working install: F:\Prepare3D v3  F:\Prepar3D v3 RTMM

Although I was able to put the scenery files on another hdd, it was very difficult to update Orbx and add other scenery without having to continually trace down errors.

I have also moved both Autogen and Texture from root to remote. This eliminated having to swap those folders in and out for Orbx installs and maintenance.  So all in all, Autogen, all scenery and Texture now runs remotely. And on a side note, using the latest EMT beta, Tongass Fjords X install completely. I simply put a copy of terrain file remote directory and everything was fully written, even down to correct numerical sequence. Even scenery file in Program Data was updated correctly. I didn't have to do anything other copy terrain back to Program Data.

The sim runs flawlessly and I'm still very "old school" with Core 2 Duo X6800 @ 3.47ghz and multiple 10K WD raptors. This will now be changing since "proof-of-concept" works.

Currently, I'm running both F:\ directories as contiguous files running on the same hdd track using UltimateDfrag.

Scenery Tester was 5X5 and Misty's Place sure looked good.

If anyone is interested in the "how to" for splitting up P3Dv2 or 3, let me know. I'll put together a guide. 

KUDOS to all you guys that have devoted so much time, energy and love for "Return to Misty Moorings".

Cheers.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »
One of you P3D gurus needs to write an A-Z tutorial on what has to be done to install P3D and get it working and have Doug post it somewhere.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

plug_nickel

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
Since I'm running such a "ba$terd-mod" install of P3Dv3, I wanted to confirm something I had said in my last post regarding installing Tongass Fjords X.

I uninstalled/reinstalled box stock P3Dv3.

I then:
1) Created simple "dummy" folders: Effects_texture; Scenery/World_scenery_texture; SimObjects/Airplanes_Boats_Rotorcraft; Sound;

2) Placed a copy of the terrain cfg.file in P3Dv3 root folder;

3) Reinstalled TFX using EMT v3.0.1.953.

I've reconfirmed that all folders are populated correctly and that the terrain file in P3Dv3 root folder has been updated with all 40 TFX entries and that they're correctly sequenced and that the scenery folder in Program Data/Lockheed Martin was also updated and sequenced correctly as well.

Both configurators (32bit and 64bit) work in the FSAddon folder as well.

No manual entries were made; this was a full, automated install of TFX.

ps...I still haven't given up fully locating scenery on a separate drive.