Author Topic: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing  (Read 350518 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »
BBQSteve,

Let's forget the .bmp or.dds files for a second.  Your answer to me said that the hangar still shows up in its designed colors when you disabled  EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D and frf-kmspv5 at the same time.

Bottom line, if the hangar showed up then you have yet another version of the *ga hangers ss.bgl enabled in your system somewhere.  There is no way the hangar could show up when you have the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D and frf-kmspv5 sceneries disabled unless there is at least another version containing that hangar object somewhere in your system that is enabled in FSX. 

Try doing a search of your system using this wildcard:  *ga hangers ss.bgl  and see what shows up.   That search should at least find these two files:  FSXP3D ez-ga hangers ss.bgl in the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D scenery folder and library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl in the frf-kmspv5 scenery folder.  Let us know what other locations/file might show up when you do that search on your disk drives.

Thanks.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2015, 07:10:03 PM »
Rod,

I said that there are several "versions" way earlier in this series of posts. There are files with Library_ez, and other variations. If you have TeamView and are available Monday, I will be more than happy for you to look at theses files. If I rud these files from my system, I am not sure what the rest of my scrnery is going to look like. Like the KEYW scenery I deleted because the hangers were now black while PAKT was right.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2015, 08:03:35 PM »
BBQSteve,
Deactivate all EZ_Scenery libraries except for the FSXP3D one, and  you haven't already,remove the  ga hanger ss.dds from your FSX main texture folder and from your addon scenery/texture folder. Make sure that that texture is in your FSXP3D EZ_Scenery folder only. Now what happens?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
Rod,

I said that there are several "versions" way earlier in this series of posts. There are files with Library_ez, and other variations. If you have TeamView and are available Monday, I will be more than happy for you to look at theses files. If I rud these files from my system, I am not sure what the rest of my scrnery is going to look like. Like the KEYW scenery I deleted because the hangers were now black while PAKT was right.

Hi BBQSteve,

I don't have Teamview but maybe Steve can work with you on it.   It sounds like one of your many sceneries that have that same object in an embedded object library is disconnected from its texture folder.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2015, 11:04:41 PM »
Don't have Teamview either.

BBQSteve,
Keep digging around and try to find the orphaned file. It has to be there somewhere.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 01:20:18 PM »
Ok, all ga hanger ss 3a.dds or anything like it has been turned off. All ga hangers and anything like it has also been turned off. I no longer have the hanger at PAKT with ez library disabled in FSX. Just the smoke and the stacks from which it rises. Now my question is, with these files turned off what happens to the scenery that uses them.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »
This is probably a semantics issue, but when you say you turned off all ss 3a.dds textures, how did you do it? Same with all ga hangars. Did you uncheck the FSXP3D Ez_Scenery library in your FSX library menu to do it? Delete them or add an .off extension to those files? Please explain how you turned them off.

Have you done a system wide search for those files to see if there are duplicates as Rod suggested several times?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »
These files were turned off by adding the usual .off extension to them. Ez librarywas turned off by unchecking the library in the Scenery Library.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »
What does your system search for those files come up with? More than one hit?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
Is it me, or are we going in circles? I have completely named all the files involved, even gave the additional scenery which contained the contributing libraries.

I have given all info and the results of testing. I appreciate all the help and now if we can get the helicopter all will be good. Thanks again and hope to see everyone in the air. Great work guys and a great support system.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2015, 10:32:08 PM »
I feel we are going in circles as well. BUT you still didn't tell us what a system wide search reveals about any duplicate files or where they are. Until you do this and report the results we are going to get nowhere. The reason for this is if there are multiple instances of the same files it may be contributing to your issues and we have to know where they are and what they relate to.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:46 AM »
Originally the contributing files were in the FRF-KEYW scenery files which you were not able to find. Then there were the files for the FRF-KMSP scenery and lastly there was a ga_hangers_ss_v3.bgl file in my addon scenery/scenery folder that I have no idea where it came from.

In all actuality, they were not all duplicate files. Here is a named list of the files that now have the .off extension:

ga hanger SS 3a.dds.off (dup) FSX\Addon Scenery\texture
ga_hangers_ss_v3.bgl.off FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery
library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl.off FSX\Addon Scenery\FRF-KMSP\scenery
ga hanger SS 3a.bmp.off FSX\Addon Scenery\FRF-KMSP\texture

The ones still active:
FSXP3D ez-ga hangers ss.bgl FSX\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\scenery
ga hanger SS 3a.dds FSX\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery LibraryFSX3PD\texture
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:52:33 AM by BBQSteve »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:10 AM »
OK. If the only place these are active in the FSXP3D library, what are you seeing now?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
the hanger as it was intended

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
OK. Great. Now add back one of your other sceneries - KMSP  for example - and see if everything in both sceneries looks right. If so, add the other one and see how all 3 now look. Again, just be 100% sure that the only place the files in question reside are in the RTMM version of things.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:08:31 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support