Author Topic: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing  (Read 350666 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »
BBQSteve,

You never mentioned what you did with FRF-KMSPv5 which also contains a duplicate library. Since you have deleted KEYW, Keep the RTMM library active and disable the .dds file in the main scenery folder and FRF-KMSPv5 in the scenery library and see if the hangar looks correct.  If it does, the FRF-KMSPv5 scenery is conflicting.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2015, 09:31:44 AM »
Rod,

I have disabled all the extra scenery, disabled the texture file and enabled/disabled the EZ library. The only way the correct textures appear is with the texture file turned on in the Addon Scenery/texture directory. I really appreciate the help, but it looks like this is one for the fairy dust.

Yes the KMSP scenery has the .bgl, but not the textures so I guess it is neutral.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:32:54 AM by BBQSteve »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2015, 10:30:19 PM »
Hi BBQSteve.

Hmmmm.....interesting statement.....

"Yes the KMSP scenery has the .bgl, but not the textures so I guess it is neutral."  If it is enabled, it is not neutral.  What do you mean that it does not have the textures.....?

Rod 

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 08:44:43 AM »
Rod,
My guess would be that he there's no texture file in his KMSP scenery folder and that the textures are pulled from EZ_Scenery. Don't know what neutral means either. I'm starting to get lost on this issue and where BBQSteve is right now, but it's probably just me.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
Hi Steve,

Normally the texture (s) should be in a Texture folder that comes with the Scenery folder.  So I don't know if he is missing the Texture folder that goes with the KMSP scenery folder or what.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
Rod,
Agreed, but very few RTMM sceneries only have scenery folders in them, without the texture folders, because we rely on our main libraries for supporting objects and textures. Maybe that's the way the scenery in question was set up as well. Just a guess.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
Hi Steve,

No reason to guess now, I found and downloaded a copy of the frf-kmspv5 package and it has a Scenery folder and a Texture folder.  That texture folder has a ga hanger SS 3a.bmp texture in it.  So, if BBQSteve's enabled frf-kmspv5 folder does not have a texture folder or the texture folder is missing the ga hanger SS 3a.bmp texture, then that, most probably,  would be the problem that causes the black texture.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »
Gottcha.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2015, 01:33:46 PM »
Sorry real world interference, yard work.

By neutral, I meant KMSP does not seem to effect the hanger textures of PAKT so there must be some difference. Yes I have scenery and texture folders, of course.

If you found the fre-kmsp file then you should be able to also find the fre-keyw file and duplicate the problem. Unless, as usual, it is my system.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 08:06:52 AM »
HI BBQSteve,

Hmmm.    I couldn't find KEYW but shouldn't be necessary anyway since you said you deleted the scenery off of your system.

If you disable  EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D and KMSP at the same time does the hangar disappear so it is not there? 

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 09:21:49 AM »
As I said, KMSP has no effect, but to answer your question, no, it shows in it's designed colors. Remember the .dds file is now placed in my addon/scenery folder.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
Let's start from scratch. Move the .dds file from your main FSX texture folder, (I hope it isn't just sitting orphaned in the addon scenery folder like you said), put it in the KSMP texture folder and see what happens now.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
mis spoke it is in the texture folder not the scenery. When I move it back or just add.off the pakt hanger is black. We keep going back and forth between .bgl and .dds

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »
I'm just trying to sort out what you are doing, where the files are, and which files you are referring to. 
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »
Roger that. frf-keyw is removed, the ga hanger ss.dds is in both the ez library texture folder and addon scenery/texture folder. KSMP is enabled with ez library.