Author Topic: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing  (Read 350509 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »
You're right; I was looking for an easier way out!  :)

It was 5:30am when we were last conversing, and I had to go to work.  No time to package up files and send out stuff you already have.  Dropbox is insanely slow these days, and it took two hours to add that last EZ Object Library file to it yesterday.   :o  Much easier for you to just use your copies presently.   :P  Thanks again for working on this, and yes the AN-2 conversion is most welcome.  Please add that as well.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »
Same here, but also my smoking building is black with a black roof too.

Hi BBQSteve,
     I have not forgotten you.  Although your texture problem is not related to this thread, I'll see if we can sort things out.  Sorry for the wait. 
     Missing textures, or duplicate textures can cause an object to show as black.  Be sure you have all RTMM libraries installed according to directions provided, and check for duplicates if they are.  I can only assume you are talking about the blue hangars closest to the helipad.  How does your scenery tester look, at Annette Island?

Edit:  That hangar object is in the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D object library.  The BGL file is called FSXP3D ez-ga hangers ss.bgl.  The object is ga_hanger_SS_03_double, and the texture is ga hanger SS 3a.dds, I think.  The exact texture used for that particular building is a little vague. 

Just make sure the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D is activated in your scenery library, and contains both a scenery folder and texture folder.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:31:04 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

BBQSteve

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 08:52:19 AM »
Thanks Jeff. No rush here. Yes, I have all the libraries and object test is fine. I also have verified those files are in the library. A search indicates only one file exists for the .dds but 2 for the bgl.

Turning off duplicate .bgl files did not solve the problem. Perhaps wrong object?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:36:47 AM by BBQSteve »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »
I can confirm that the texture used for ga_hanger_SS_03_double is ga hanger SS 3a.dds.

Jeff, not sure what you mean by the exact texture used for that particular building is a little vague.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 07:01:13 PM »
I can confirm that the texture used for ga_hanger_SS_03_double is ga hanger SS 3a.dds.

Jeff, not sure what you mean by the exact texture used for that particular building is a little vague.

Because there were 6 hangars, and only 3 or 4 textures.  I wasn't sure if the texture numbers coincided with the hangar numbers.  That's all.  I was only using IS3 and windows explorer to view the filenames.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 07:57:09 PM »
Gottcha. Sometimes several objects use artwork from different areas of a single texture sheet, or use multiple instances of the same texture. In this case 5 hangers share the same texture sheet.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 12:13:35 PM »
Thanks Jeff. No rush here. Yes, I have all the libraries and object test is fine. I also have verified those files are in the library. A search indicates only one file exists for the .dds but 2 for the bgl.

Turning off duplicate .bgl files did not solve the problem. Perhaps wrong object?

Hi BBQSteve,
     I think a picture of your problem is in order.  Could you please post a screenshot for me?  Thanks.

BBQSteve

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Here is a screen shot Jeff.

For the PAKT non-finder the following applies:

Location n55 21.18 w131 42.22
Alt 29ft
Heading 121

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »
Thanks BBQSteve,
     We are on the same page then, and it is clear what you are talking about.  My above advice was appropriate for this problem.  Not sure why it is not showing as blue.  Maybe Steve or Rod have a guess.  The texture is bundled with many others in the texture folder.  Those hangars are pretty common, I think.  What are your system specs, and memory size in particular?  I am running out of guesses.  Low memory specs would show other, more obvious problems than one black building.  I see that texture is in the EZ Scenery Library, as well as the OZx LIB.  Have you disabled the OZx LIB via the disable/enable OZx LIB utility?  ;)

To enable, use this one ---> Enable OZx mwl, kh, UKVFR et al.cmd
To disable, use this one ---> Disable OZx mwl, kh, UKVFR et al.cmd

The commands should be placed inside the OZx folder of your sim's main folder, above the OZx_LIB folder.  I made a shortcut on my desktop to each "cmd" file.  Click on the appropriate one for the desired result.  If you get "file not found" errors, when disabling, they are already disabled.  No further action is needed.  You can verify by running the other one, and see if it gives errors.  The utility appends ".off" to certain library objects, switching them to that state. (and vice versa).  I'm sure instructions are included.  Rod is a professional.  I believe the files come with the "AHZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D . . ." package.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:38:11 PM by jeff3163 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2015, 03:21:02 PM »
This kind of thing crops up from time to time. Try this as a temporary check/fix:

Put ga hanger SS 3a.dds in your main FSX texture folder and see if it works. If it works then I THINK that the problem is caused by another instance of ga hanger SS 3a.dds on your system. Poke around in the last part of this thread http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2238.0

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »
There are no OZx files in my FSX folder. There is one outside which contains scenery files, but no libraries and does not have that texture or bgl There is only one instance of the .dds texture file. I do have a couple of airports with a bgl named library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl which uses ga hanger SS 3a.bmp

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »
Hi BBQSteve,
     Could you do as Steve suggests, and place the texture file into your FSX main texture folder?  See if it just can't seem to find it for some reason.   :-\

This kind of thing crops up from time to time. Try this as a temporary check/fix:

Put ga hanger SS 3a.dds in your main FSX texture folder and see if it works.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
I do have a couple of airports with a bgl named library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl which uses ga hanger SS 3a.bmp

Hi BBQSteve,

Besides checking what Jeff mentioned in the previous post, it may be that the library_EZ-ga hangers ss.bgl is conflicting with FSXP3D ez-ga hangers ss.bgl since they may contain the same objects. 

You might want to see if the color of the hangar changes if you disable all of the instances of library_EZ-ga hangers ss.bgl by adding .off to those files. 

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 08:49:49 AM »
Placed the file as requested and now have a blue hanger as it should be. Thanks, but what is the real problem here. Any guesses?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:54 AM »
A-HA SUCCESS! Rod can best provide the technical specifics (because I don't happen to recall them off the top of my head right now) and what to do for a "real" fix.

steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support