Author Topic: Free Zone Alarm firewall for WIN 10  (Read 6450 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Free Zone Alarm firewall for WIN 10
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:09:09 AM »
When I installed WIN 10 I followed up with AVG and Zone Alarm firewall which I have been using with Windows for many years.  Quickly found out the WIN 10 prevented me from installing Zone Alarm.
Just checked and found a new version is available the works with WIN 10.

Link:

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-5353432672807198278/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=download&sf=101113&sg=0&st=694421&documentid=345310&action=view

Free version is the second from the bottom or the bottom file if you want firewall and anti-virus combo.
Later,

Spud

RangerDale

• Retired ,Vetern 61-65,EXpilot,HamRadio opr,
Re: Free Zone Alarm firewall for WIN 10
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:33:52 AM »
Spud,

So you installed windows 10 from what 7 or 8 ? I try here gone from windows 7 pro, and that was it after the load "Couldn't get my FSX up and running" yea I reloaded every thing, wouldn't even take it in default fsx ? got this menu popup " The Program Stop working Correctly" pass it on to Help MS and sent emails and still waiting for reply " Its been 3 weeks now.

Yea I dump the window 10 got things back in order and my Orbex and yes FSX all okay .
         By the way when loaded windows 10 had to play with the display two monitors to get back, and my skype did not work at all, could not even get a update ..and of course FSX was my main thing never got running, started then 5 sec later up pop that menu .

So just wondering what you may have heard window7pro guys going to windows10 ?

Dale "RangerDale"

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
Hi Dale,
     I have 16 failed attempts to upgrade my Win7Ult to Win10.  I turned off/disabled the upgrade.  And good luck getting help (or a response) from M$. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »
Not exactly sure what Dale's problem is but Jeff's is "probably" an easy one to solve and if I'm understanding Dales post being the same problem I can give you the answer.
If you have the WIN10 upgrade downloaded already then use that.  Personally, I got tired of waiting for "my turn" to come up from Windows to install WIN 10 in my WIN7 64bit system so I downloaded the Media Creation Tool 64 from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and installed the WIN10 OS over my WIN7 64bit  (be sure and download the correct 64 or 32 bit version)

Now for Jeff's inability to get it installed:  Are you aware that there is a program in your ORBX folder that will prevent correct installation of WIN10?  Search for a program named TODO.  If you have that program just delete it completely from your hard drive.  The folder is empty and contains no files but it prevents WIN10 from installing and reverts back to WIN7 or 8.  Once the TODO program is deleted WIN10 should install without any problems.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:03:54 AM »
Yep, I did that before the attempt number 16 failure.  I think it was you that said that before, and I tried it.  No joy.  It gets halfway through the process of installing device drivers and features (or something like that), then stops and reverts to my previous version.  I do have a copy of the install on a DVD, for a manual attempt.  That also did not work.  I don't want Windows 10 bad enough to keep flogging the horse.  Done with it.  My system is working great so far, until support eventually will run out.  Maybe it will be working by then.  If it ain't broke, . . . ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
Yep, I did that before the attempt number 16 failure.  I think it was you that said that before, and I tried it.  No joy.  It gets halfway through the process of installing device drivers and features (or something like that), then stops and reverts to my previous version.  I do have a copy of the install on a DVD, for a manual attempt.  That also did not work.  I don't want Windows 10 bad enough to keep flogging the horse.  Done with it.  My system is working great so far, until support eventually will run out.  Maybe it will be working by then.  If it ain't broke, . . . ;)

Hi JEFF
Me too for instal W10 from se7ven PRO my failure Erreur 0*80070004 - 0*3000D at 42% of the instal ; come from the Folder "TODO"  of ORBX

So i gohere :  C:\Users\Pat-pc\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Orbx\TODO
i delete this folder
And the installation get over the 42%  at the final at prompt blue, i untik all activation Microsoft asking questions  8)

and that all ......  ;)

Regards

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

RangerDale

• Retired ,Vetern 61-65,EXpilot,HamRadio opr,
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
Thanks Spud and Jeff,

I checked the TODO folder, nonewas on my computer at all. And also I could load Windows10 okay all went in okay, except had to reset the monitors up and put the sizes back. My problem is FSX getting to run, reloaded the hole thing, checked at Default settings after cleaning all things for fsx off the computer, load FSX then start it up goes into 30 sec's of start up pops a menu stating This Program Stop working Correctly, will close..

It wouldn't be bad BUT whats stop working correctly means ? That could be any thing lol lol Yea I checked drivers for the display and what I had for windows 10 all cleared. So I didn't need anymore time in this deal of 8 hours, so went back to something that works lol lol and that was HE@#  windows 10 did a lot of changes , spend 4 hours getting things going on window 7 pro..

If we look at Google seems a lot of guys also having the same error and WAITING for MS to reply , I guess when I am 90 get reply then wont give a hoot lol lol

Thanks Guys for the comments tho and least here people talk and get a reply lol lolMaybe not what you may not want to hear but they Care.

Thanks Dale "RangerDale"

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »
Hi Dale,
     In my opinion, someone needs to vastly improve the error reporting and solution system, rather than making so many damned first person shooters and MMO's.  It should automatically detect the errors, give accurate details of what happened, and know how to fix it.  Also, programmers should learn from the past, and build more stable programs.  Everyone is just in the business of making money.  Why do we have to google solutions found by other users.  Googling answers from MS almost never produces results, and it is their operating system.  Boo!  >:(

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 10:09:44 PM »
My question is why would you want to 'upgrade' a perfectly good OS like Win 7 in the first place? I can see changing from Win 8 or 8.1...I hate that OS...but with Win 7 why not stick with the Devil that you know rather than the Devil that you don't? Oh, yeah, now I see. The same reason you rushed out and bought P3DV3. :) How's that working for you?

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »
OUCH!
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 10:35:44 PM »
Because we believe that people are out there fixing bugs and improving the system.  We also believe that this time will be different, and things will be fixed (or better).  Silly isn't it.   ::)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
WIN 10(64) upgraded OS.  I did the upgrade of two reasons, for the first year of its release it is at no cost to upgrade.  If you wait longer than that it will incur buying the OS.  WIN7(64) while a good OS is now dated and support will cease in the future at which time you will break out your wallet and switch to 10 anyway.  In addition by the time I figure out how to use WIN10 my maker will give me a call so I wanted to get as early a start as I could.
FSX performance has not been affected when compared to WIN 7(64) still the same old unfinished flight sim as always with its warts and scars intact.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 01:04:11 PM »
Not from me but from George Bernard Shaw worth quoting:

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."  ;)

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.