Author Topic: RTMM Object Library for FSX  (Read 6827 times)

truebluefun

RTMM Object Library for FSX
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
Okay guys sorry for asking but the files in the 3 scenery downloads do you drop them in the RTMM under addon scenery or do you drop them in the main FSX folder or am i wrong on both ideas LOL??? Thanks

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM Object Library for FSX
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
The three (3) library downloads are zip files and contain several libraries in each of the 3 zip files.
Download all three and unzip each to extract the various libraries in each.

After all 3 zip files are extracted you will have six (6) separate libraries that have to be installed individually according to the instructions found here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

read the whole page for information that you need to install RTMM scenery correctly.
 8)
Later,

Spud

truebluefun

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:47:46 PM »
Spud can i make a RTMM objects folder in my addon scenery folder and then add that folder in my scenery config editor ? Putting all the object scenery folders in the RTMM objects folder i made... Thanks

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
Yes, I keep my RTMM Object Libraries in a RTMM Object Libraries folder and my RTMM Scenery folders in a RTMM Scenery Library folder.  Both folders are inside the Addon Scenery folder.

Rod

truebluefun

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
Okay thanks Rod I just want to make sure I'm doing it right  :)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 04:36:25 PM »
Technically speaking you can put them anywhere, or on any drive on your system for that matter, that you want to as long as your scenery library points their location. But why scatter stuff all over the place? :)

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
I think he's saying he wants to dump all the scenery BGL files into one common scenery folder under the RTMM directory.  That can be done, but is not recommended.  Each scenery location should be installed separately, under its own folder within the RTMM directory.   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:29:22 PM »
In that case, this sounds like a discussion that we just had a few days ago. http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2755.0
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

truebluefun

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 09:39:47 PM »
Okay I think i may have this now lol i hope....So I put the scenery's in the RTMM folder and add them to fsx for each folder....The objects folder I have to do the same was or can i just add the RTMM objects folder with all object folders in it at one time? If that sounds right  :-\

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 10:25:35 PM »
     Each scenery location that you download, or object library for that matter, is in a particular format.  You get a zip file when you download.  It is the shipping container.  The main folder  bearing the location's name is a "container" which holds the entire entity within it.  So with that analogy you unpack, for example, the Annette Island zip file into your RTMM folder. Now Annette Island is in the RTMM folder.  If you look in it, there is a "scenery" folder, and maybe also a "texture" folder.  You add the location to FSX by clicking on the "Annette Island" line and adding it to the scenery library.  FSX will look inside the "Annette Island" folder to find its "scenery" subfolder where the actual scenery files are.  Do this for each location you download.   
     So you must do each location (or library) individually.  That is why we (Spud) compare the process to "eating an elephant".  ;)

:o
     I think this is all explained somewhere . . . ???  Have you taken the time to browse through the forum threads.  There are 4 1/2 years worth of information within these pages, as well as pdf manuals and readme files included in most scenery downloads.  Use the search function to find threads with the information you need.  ;)   If you can't find an answer, we do like to help.  Honest.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:44:16 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:40 AM »
     Each scenery location that you download, or object library for that matter, is in a particular format.  You get a zip file when you download.  It is the shipping container.  The main folder  bearing the location's name is a "container" which holds the entire entity within it.  So with that analogy you unpack, for example, the Annette Island zip file into your RTMM folder. Now Annette Island is in the RTMM folder.  If you look in it, there is a "scenery" folder, and maybe also a "texture" folder.  You add the location to FSX by clicking on the "Annette Island" line and adding it to the scenery library.  FSX will look inside the "Annette Island" folder to find its "scenery" subfolder where the actual scenery files are.  Do this for each location you download.   
     So you must do each location (or library) individually.  That is why we (Spud) compare the process to "eating an elephant".  ;)

:o
 I think this is all explained somewhere . . . ???  Have you taken the time to browse through the forum threads.  There are 4 1/2 years worth of information within these pages, as well as pdf manuals and readme files included in most scenery downloads.  Use the search function to find threads with the information you need.  ;)   If you can't find an answer, we do like to help.  Honest.

The link to the explanation on how to install scenery was provided in my post #2 in this thread and everybody who wants to install RTMM scenery needs to read, heed and understand it.
Later,

Spud