Author Topic: Adding "Misty Moorings" file to the FSX Scenery Library...?  (Read 9461 times)

Timmy74

Adding "Misty Moorings" file to the FSX Scenery Library...?
« on: September 07, 2015, 03:24:02 AM »
Hello Chaps,

On the weekend I decided to do a full reinstall of all the Misty Moorings scenery addons, their updates and new Libs.

I followed all of your instructions -well I thought I had- but have come across this little pickle!?!

When I create a Misty Moorings folder in my "Addon Scenery" -which I have named "RTMM-V2"- Like your example (see below), then when I go to add them in Scenery Library in FSX I can not get it to work?

http://return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/images/folders_order_large.jpg

I must be having a brain fart and just can not get my head around it?! 

With my old version -which I named "RTMM" I just place all the "scenery" and "texture" files that came with each scenery into these two folders.... Which worked fine but was a bit of a nightmare when it came to changing a file for an upgrade...?

So I decided to go for the option you showed in that picture (see above) and thought "what a great idea if there is any updates to fix..this will be so much simpler..." But like I said I can not get the FSX Scenery Library to accept this entry?  All of the other Library addons from Misty Moorings have been added without trouble. eg:

RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D
RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D
RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D
EZ Scenery Library FSXP3D
AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D
CeyX_Sceneries_LibrariesFSXP3D .

I have been clicking in the "white area" (the Windows 7 issue with adding entries to FSX Scenery Library), below the entries to get FSX to accept but to no avail...?

I am at a loss and was hoping one of you kind chaps could point me in the right direction as to my plight?  I am sure I am missing something simple?

Kind Regards,
Tim...

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Adding "Misty Moorings" file to the FSX Scenery Library...?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 07:50:23 AM »
Hi Tim,
Just to be clear, in FSX and are trying to add new areas to the scenery library but for some reason they aren't being added to your entries?

Have you watched this short video?

http://iblueyonder.com/video-tutorial-adding-scenery-to-fsx-in-windows-7/

Post back if you're still stuck.

IMO adding stuff using the FSX Settings Scenery Library procedure stinks, is slow, and clunky. Take a look at this utility and save your self some frustration and time. This will work outside of FSX without it even running.

http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/

Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 02:34:45 PM »
Just to makes sure.....you know that you have to enter each scenery package separately in the structure you describe .....assume you are not just trying to enter RTMM-V2 as a universal scenery package, right?

In your previous arrangement you would have had to just enter "RTMM" as one entry since you had combined all of the contents into a scenery and texture folder which we don't recommend for the same reasons you mention.   But in the new arrangement, you have to enter each scenery package separately into the library.

Rod

Timmy74

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 05:01:38 PM »
Hello chaps,

Thank you for your reply. ualani I have watched that video and know of the crazy quirks of Window 7. All of my other scenery seems to be entered correctly and works fine (there is a lot of them).  I will check out that other program that you sent me a link to as well. Thank you very much for that.

stiletto2 I was not aware that I had to enter each scenery package separately...!?   I did follow the instructions and the picture that is posted here (again please refer to the link in my first post) at Misty Moorings..

I was under the impression that the files were to go:

"FSX"-
-
"Addon Scenery"-
-
"Misty Morrings"-
-
"Aiken Creek Camp"
"Annette Island Fly in"
"Bear Observatory"
etc
etc.

But are you telling me that they need to be:

"FSX"-
-
"Addon Scenery"-
-
"Aiken Creek Camp"
"Annette Island Fly in"
"Bear Observatory"
etc
etc.

Is this correct?   

Kind regards,
Tim

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »
Tim,
Actually either way would work, but for good housekeeping you should do it as in your first example. Just make sure you have things specifically like this:

"FSX"-
-
"Addon Scenery"-
-
"Misty Morrings"-
-
"Aiken Creek Camp"
      Scenery
"Annette Island Fly in"
      Scenery
"Bear Observatory"
       Scenery

Note that some may also require texture folders in the file structure as well.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »
[Ninja'd by Steve  ::)]

Hi Tim,
     The flightsim looks for "bgl" files in each of the different folder's "scenery" subfolders.   So you need to choose each location's folder individually and add it to the FSX scenery library.  It is like this:

- Addon Scenery
- - Misty Moorings
- - - Annette Island
- - - - scenery
- - - Bear Observatory
- - - - scenery

Don't choose the "Misty Moorings" folder.  Choose the Annette Island folder, then follow fsx insertion instructions for the scenery library, as described above.  Next, choose the Bear Observatory folder, etc.  . . .   (I haven't used FSX in a while now, and memory fades.)  :P
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:29:52 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Timmy74

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 10:35:20 PM »
Tim,
Actually either way would work, but for good housekeeping you should do it as in your first example. Just make sure you have things specifically like this:

"FSX"-
-
"Addon Scenery"-
-
"Misty Morrings"-
-
"Aiken Creek Camp"
      Scenery
"Annette Island Fly in"
      Scenery
"Bear Observatory"
       Scenery

Note that some may also require texture folders in the file structure as well.

Hello ualani,

Thank you again for your reply.

That is how I have mine set up...I just can not get it to work!?!

I will try jeff3163 way of setup.

Will report back.
Cheers,
Tim..

Timmy74

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »
[Ninja'd by Steve  ::)]

Hi Tim,
     The flightsim looks for "bgl" files in each of the different folder's "scenery" subfolders.   So you need to choose each location's folder individually and add it to the FSX scenery library.  It is like this:

- Addon Scenery
- - Misty Moorings
- - - Annette Island
- - - - scenery
- - - Bear Observatory
- - - - scenery

Don't choose the "Misty Moorings" folder.  Choose the Annette Island folder, then follow fsx insertion instructions for the scenery library, as described above.  Next, choose the Bear Observatory folder, etc.  . . .   (I haven't used FSX in a while now, and memory fades.)  :P

Thank you jeff3163,

I will give your method a go.  I will report back.

Cheers,
Tim...

Timmy74

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 05:11:21 AM »
Eureka!!! ;D

I have it all sorted gentlemen. 

I was under the impression that it would all work under the "Misty Moorings" folder?  But thanks to stiletto2 and jeff3163 for pointing me in the correct direction.

I actually have to enter each one individually... 

Thank you again to all whom have helped me out with this pickle.  It is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tim...

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
 8) 8) 8)
Yay!!  Glad to hear you've got it now.  Thanks for asking for help.  We aim to please.   :)

Happy Simming.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
That's good news, Tim!  Now you can start having some fun!

Rod

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 09:47:35 PM »
Tim, +2 to ualani's Scenery Configuration Editor. Makes life much easier. You don't even have to open FSX to add to or edit your scenery .cfg.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »
Tim, +2 to ualani's Scenery Configuration Editor. Makes life much easier. You don't even have to open FSX to add to or edit your scenery .cfg.

jsapair
8) 8) 8)
     Yes Tim, . . . did you try the Scenery Config Editor?  It is a valuable tool for working with the scenery library of your sim.  You can easily add, edit, and delete sceneries for your sim.  It does error checking.  You can mark multiple lines and drag them to a new location, group scenery folders together, and many other handy features.  It gets two thumbs up from me.  ;)

Timmy74

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 02:56:49 AM »
Hi Chaps,

YES!!  I must have a look and get into this "Scenery Configurator Editor" that ualani suggested and that you all recommend.

Thank you again for the warm reception and the "above and beyond" help.

Kind Regards Always,
Tim..

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 08:17:46 AM »
Tim,
When you get the basics of the Scenery Config Editor under your belt (which are easy), here's a short video that demonstrates some slightly advanced and very useful options.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support