Author Topic: Flight Plan Placement for Add-On Scenery  (Read 1694 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Flight Plan Placement for Add-On Scenery
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:43:55 PM »
  Just wondering if anyone puts their flight plans in the actual scenery folder rather than the default FP folder. I've got so many FP's its difficult to associate them with a particular scenery any longer. The FP title doesn't always give you a clue as to where you are, scenery-wise. In the default FP folder I have them organized by PNW, PFJ, SAK, etc but that's not working so well, either.
   So my thought was to put any FP's involving Misty's in the Misty's Place folder, Gilbert Bay FP's in the Gilbert Bay folder, etc. Wondering if anyone has tried this or would I just be creating a monster. Any thoughts on how others have their FP's organized would be appreciated.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Flight Plan Placement for Add-On Scenery
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:12:15 PM »
I usually put a copy of the associated flightplan, as well as documents and pictures, into the main folder of the scenery they go to, but not into the "scenery" folder with the BGL files.  But just for archiving it.  I also have a copy of each in my flightsim's flightplan folder, which is called "Prepar3D v2 Files", and is in the "My Documents" folder of my C: drive.  My flight sims are on my P: drive.   ;) 

There is no sense of organization to my flightplans.  Doing a system-wide search for .PLN files on my computer, I have 11,421 of them.   :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P