Author Topic: Red Bulls Air Show  (Read 4412 times)

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
Red Bulls Air Show
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Video : I just loved this breathtaking airshow over picturesque Budapest (filmed in 2014). The helicopter pilot is just incredible !
https://www.youtube.com/embed/0px9HFIVYjY?feature=player_embedded
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Red Bulls Air Show
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:49:01 PM »
Wow!  A lot of flipping upside-down going on there.  Great show and beautiful place.  Thanks for sharing.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:32:10 AM »
Yoland,

That must be daredevil Chuck Aaron piloting a modified Red Bull BO-105.  He is the only FAA-certified aerobatic helicopter pilot in the U.S. but there might be others in the world... Thanks for posting the breath-taking video  8)

Meet the man behind his wonder whirleybird ...

https://youtu.be/JFLUOilLD_A
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:05:52 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:09:45 AM »
I´m really not sure the BO105 pilot was Chuck Aaron. I can`t tell he is piloting for Red Bull outside northern america. I also not sure he`s the only aerobatic helicopter pilot in the world......

Rainer Wilke, a former german heeresflieger BO105 pilot, is a very active and well known helicopter aerobatic pilot....and he`s also licensed for the these crazy things. Rainer Wilke is part of the flyingbulls team, the european redbull aircraft team, station in salzburg austria. Most of the aircraft, heli`s and fixed wing, shown in the video are part of the flying bulls.

I believe Rainer Wilke ist the pilot of the BO105CB`s in the video. The flying bulls own two of these helicopters. The BO105 CB was the original version of the this aircraft used by german police, german heeresflieger and others.
Later, there were introduced stretched versions (BO105 CBS-5) with providing more space in the cabin and modifications on the rotor system. These were often used for EMS. I believe Chuck Aaron flies one of these streched BO105 CBS-5`s for RedBull.

Rainer Wilke did a lot of aerobatic flying with the BO105 for the german heersflieger back to the 1980`s and 1990`s, long time before he started a new career piloting for RedBull.

see link to their homepage:
www.flyingbulls.at

By the way, the Redbull AH-1 Cobra helicopter in the video is normally piloted by Sigi Schwarz. He also regurlarly drive`s one of the flying bulls BO105 CB`s.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Trex3D

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »
Considering the event was held outside of Uncle Sam, it might be another performer that's why I posted "...there might be others in the world" but pretty amazing on what they are able to do with these machines by pushing the envelope 8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:07:25 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 10:30:07 AM »
I´m really not sure the BO105 pilot was Chuck Aaron. I can`t tell he is piloting for Red Bull outside northern america. I also not sure he`s the only aerobatic helicopter pilot in the world......

Rainer Wilke, a former german heeresflieger BO105 pilot, is a very active and well known helicopter aerobatic pilot....and he`s also licensed for the these crazy things. Rainer Wilke is part of the flyingbulls team, the european redbull aircraft team, station in salzburg austria. Most of the aircraft, heli`s and fixed wing, shown in the video are part of the flying bulls.

I believe Rainer Wilke ist the pilot of the BO105CB`s in the video. The flying bulls own two of these helicopters. The BO105 CB was the original version of the this aircraft used by german police, german heeresflieger and others.
Later, there were introduced stretched versions (BO105 CBS-5) with providing more space in the cabin and modifications on the rotor system. These were often used for EMS. I believe Chuck Aaron flies one of these streched BO105 CBS-5`s for RedBull.

Rainer Wilke did a lot of aerobatic flying with the BO105 for the german heersflieger back to the 1980`s and 1990`s, long time before he started a new career piloting for RedBull.

see link to their homepage:
www.flyingbulls.at

By the way, the Redbull AH-1 Cobra helicopter in the video is normally piloted by Sigi Schwarz. He also regurlarly drive`s one of the flying bulls BO105 CB`s.

Corbu1,
Chuck Arron is FAA Certified for rotary wing aerobatics in the U.S.  Trex didn't say he was the only helo acrobatic pilot in the world.  Red Bull has various teams so it is quite probable that European Red Bull has their own acro helo pilot on staff.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 08:19:10 AM »
Considering the event was held outside of Uncle Sam, it might be another performer that's why I posted "...there might be others in the world" but pretty amazing on what they are able to do with these machines by pushing the envelope 8)

Well, seems I was writing faster than reading....I apologize Trex3d :)

As popular Chuck Aaron is in the US for helicopter aerobatics is Rainer Wilke in Europe.
He shows his great slills for many years now for RedBull on Air Shows all over there with great success.

You can find some of his airshows on youtube if you like to see more of him....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Trex3D

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »
No apologies due Klaus  :-\ Guess we just got spoiled watching too much Top Gun here  ;D A round of lager at Misty's Bar will do.. I'll handle the halibut chips  ;)