Author Topic: Alaska Power Project  (Read 394274 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Alaska Power Project
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Darn, there goes my levitation experiment! :-)

Glad you fixed it...I use that crane at every construction project.

Doug

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2015, 10:18:31 AM »
Project Status Report

We are about ready for the "Grand Opening" for APP. The page has been "readied" to go live ... taking out the construction comments (which have been now delegated to the bottom of the page for historical reference). We will embed a great video Robert P is making for us, and when that is ready, we will launch shortly after.  I've given the page a final spell check and link check, everything seems to be working.

If you see anything amiss, let us know.

Thank you for all your suggestions and feedback on problems you encountered. For those of you who followed this project all the way ... thank you for your PATIENCE downloading and re-downloading as we made changes.

I have put a button on the Misty's Place Table for the "Alaska Power Project" ... it takes you to the page. Also on the HOME page, right rail, a link is there indicating "NEW" that takes you to the project.

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2015, 11:34:41 AM »
Will the word "TEMP" be deleted in
- RTMM APP Library TEMP
before "Grand Opening"?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2015, 11:51:59 AM »
Will the word "TEMP" be deleted in
- RTMM APP Library TEMP
before "Grand Opening"?

Nope. Like the Temp Medical object library it too will remain "temp" until the next major object library roll out, at which time both will be incorporated into the newest library with a whole bunch of other new stuff. (Probably will happen after the first of the year.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:53:42 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bushpounder

• Bushpounder's Bush Flying
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2015, 08:23:04 AM »
Guys! All I can say is WOW! What a GREAT package!! I know what I'll be exploring this weekend!! A big THANK YOU to ALL for your hard work in producing such a fun scenery package!! I've only checked a few, but those tell me what to expect - FUN and QUALITY! Thanks again!

BP;)  Don

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »
Yes, thank you for all your dedication and work creating and building this great scenery.

av8erjm

« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »
gotta' question, down loaded both scenery files and I notice a paint job for the MILVIZ Chinook  and it says click on image to down load, but nutin' happen what did I do wrong????

Doug

« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2015, 06:24:10 PM »
Try it again ... it is a "hot" link now.

Doug

av8erjm

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2015, 10:26:08 AM »
OK, thanks it's working now

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »
The Alaska Power Project (APP) page is now fully released.   The final APP page is great!  Fine job on that Doug.  Congratulations to all for a fantastic addition to the RTMM Scenery Library.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
Thanks Rod ... that one was a lot of fun. Unlike some we've done, this one came with a higher learning curve for me, learned some good "stuff" as we built it.  Always nice to stretch a little technically.  I'm going to sort of take a break from creating scenery for a while. Lots of "music"  (Christmas Carols) stuff coming up. This is a busy season. So I'll sit back and relax a little and enjoy what we've built.  Thanks for your contributions on this one too!

Doug

av8erjm

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
Well I've finished the AK Power Project and I have to say the only problem I had was  that I'm running out of adjectives to describe the great job you designers and developers. One thing I did after I'd visit a site and look around, then to see how much work was put into changing that area, I'd uncheck that APP box in the scenery library  while maintaining that position. I guess I'll have to use the old jaw dropping adjective of WOW. Once again KUDOS to all those involved

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2015, 11:23:51 PM »
Took the APP plunge today. All I can say is, wow. Was glad to see that Doug supplied dispatches and scenic routes...made it alot easier to get the "big picture". A real work of art, gentlemen. Thank you.

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:02 AM »
Glad you are enjoying it. For the heli folks, they will see everything, but (me being a fixed wing simmer), you just cannot see it all with out the slewing side excursions if you fly a plane.  Fun to see av8erjm uncheck the scenery for before and after. This really forced us to play with the terrain to make it work.  On some of these, when I  researched the proposed site, found it and started thinking about the layout, I came close to just skipping it. The "No way this will work" thought almost won out more than once. Then it sort of became its own game, tiring to place it in spite of the obstacles.  I really have to hand the credit for this project to Thomas. A great idea and a terrific working partner. Couldn't have fine it without him. And if course Klaus added the "heli perspective" making it more real for helicopters. A "fun" project for all.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #254 on: November 20, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
Floating buildings at PAGY (Wpt01) on VFR APP_01 Scenic Flight.  I'm running FSX DX10 with Global activated. I thought maybe it was because I had my APP_Temp Library higher in priority than APP. Moved the Lib down with the rest of my RTMM Libs but that didn't fix it.

My plane is sitting at N59-27.61, W135-18.93 with a MB of 195. Pic attached.
Jsapair