Author Topic: Alaska Power Project  (Read 394552 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Alaska Power Project
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
and back to Angoon.....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »
Nice pics, Klaus!

Thanks!

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
Great work everyone.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2015, 12:13:07 PM »
Continuing on the dispatches ...

There will be 7 of them, grouping many of the plants. You can now see the groupings by going to the "dispatches" table on the APP web page.

I think the "viewing tips" are going to work fine for this for the float planes. This should make it a lot more fun for them. Without the viewing tips, the float plane people will see very little of the work that has gone into APP. But the way we have done them, they can fly to the location, then step out of the plane and slew around following the viewing tip instructions, then they are put back int the float plane where they left it (we always take them back). Then they continue the flight.  For the purists among us (those not beer-driven-to-insanity-at-Misty's-Place-bar) ... they can ignore the viewing tips and just fly the dispatch. 

Klaus's directions for the helicopters will be very different for these dispatches.  He can demonstrate all the things without the viewing tips and give a very good "how to" fly these from a helicopter point of view. So they are very different for a reason.

People will be able to "print" the dispatch. I put in a "test" one on PPD-01 ... there is a new "print" button at the top. Selecting it gives you a PDF to print.  I'm going to put these in later because we want to spell-check and edit all of the dispatches (and the whole page) before I do these. But the concept works fine.

What's Next ...

Steve is working on a penstock solution (the slanted penstocks disappeared), Thomas is working on a couple of new starts for us and the movement of the Cable Station into Dorothy Lake ... (we think). I'll be finishing up the next two dispatches for the float planes. Klaus is working on the dispatches for the helicopters.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:29:44 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »
Doug,
I emailed you about the penstocks' issue. There's nothing wrong and they work fine.

UPDATE - Issue solved on Doug's end. Everything is OK.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 04:48:07 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2015, 04:57:45 PM »
Yes, thank you Steve ... problem was on my computer, not the zip file. 

Finished the float plane dispatches. There are 7 total that group the plants. Klaus will be adding the helicopter dispatches. As these come in, I will edit each dispatch, then make a pdf of it so it can be downloaded.  I also added a new start to Triangle Lake, we needed a start up at the dam construction site.

There is a nw APP zip at the site. as of 5 PM EST.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:04 AM »
Home Stretch ...

The web page now is "pretty much" as it is going to look. I still have a NOTAM at the top of the page saying it is under construction with a link to the Construction Table and the Construction Log, now at the bottom of the page.

There is a warning NOTAM that the dispatches are not yet ready (at the top of the Dispatch Table). All of the float plane dispatches are complete, Klaus is working on the helicopter side of this part of the project.

Robert P is working on a "trailer" for us (advertising video) ... but he is in the throws pf putting in P3D.V3 and I've told him to focus on that for now. When he gets his computer settled down, we'll get a fine video from him for our "grand opening."

Look over the page and see if there is anything missing. I'm wondering if we should make mention at each of the plant scenery locations which scenery is needed, SAK, PFJ, etc.  And should that also be at the top of the dispatch somewhere?

Now going through all the links on the page making sure everything is connected to something. Let me know if you see anything out of place.

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2015, 10:51:27 AM »
We ask anyone interested to download the APP and give it a final checkover for Quality Control.  With this kind of detail, we can have errors.  So please point out anything out of place you may see.
Referring to this call of a final checkover I might ask again:
- will season changes in APP scenery nature (trees, bushes, plants)  be part of a future workover?
- at least the pink blossom tree at PP04 should receive a change (during fall and winter)
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »
Hi Dieter ... no seasonal changes are not planned at this time. Perhaps later. But again, with the spread-out nature of these (literally square miles) doing the scenery 4 times over such a vast area would be difficult. We have kept our vegetation to coniferous trees and bushes that hold their color throughout the seasons.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »
Home Stretch ...

The web page now is "pretty much" as it is going to look. I still have a NOTAM at the top of the page saying it is under construction with a link to the Construction Table and the Construction Log, now at the bottom of the page.

There is a warning NOTAM that the dispatches are not yet ready (at the top of the Dispatch Table). All of the float plane dispatches are complete, Klaus is working on the helicopter side of this part of the project.

Robert P is working on a "trailer" for us (advertising video) ... but he is in the throws pf putting in P3D.V3 and I've told him to focus on that for now. When he gets his computer settled down, we'll get a fine video from him for our "grand opening."

Look over the page and see if there is anything missing. I'm wondering if we should make mention at each of the plant scenery locations which scenery is needed, SAK, PFJ, etc.  And should that also be at the top of the dispatch somewhere?

Now going through all the links on the page making sure everything is connected to something. Let me know if you see anything out of place.

Doug

Doug,
got a suggestion for the APP page rewrite.  Right now you have to scroll all the way to the bottom for the update history to determine if there has been a more recent update to the APP file.  Why not have a date at the end of  the "Click to download ...." sentence like the APP Temp Library does?  I always check the history date to determine if there is anything new and incorporate the date in the download name to keep things straight with my copious downloads of the APP "stuff!"   :D
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2015, 04:39:02 PM »
Here comes an honest reply :-)

Because I would forget!

The link there takes you to the construction log. Yes you have to scroll down to see the last entry. But I want people, as long as this is a beta, to be reading that log. Soon we won't need it. Today if you look at the last log entry, it says I elevated a helipad at Blue Lake and there is a new zip. That might not even be a big-enough change to redownload...but the comments there let you make the decision.  If you want to get to the bottom of the log immediately...click on the "page counter" link. It takes you to the counter and the bottom of the log will always be showing. (That's why I put the link to the counter there, my Easter egg for going straight to the latest log entry). We had 23 new people hit the page just today. I want to be sure those new people are reading the construction table and understanding we are beta. You know they are doing a bunch of grab and go...and they have an incomplete program that may bite them later. This gives them the warning.

It's amazing we have over 2200 UNIQUE people hitting the page so far, and we are not yet officially open for business!

Doug

jer029

More conflict with Mahoney Power Plant and PAKT Payware airport?
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2015, 01:08:41 PM »
Here is photo of PAKT rwy 29
lat-lon:  N55 20.81 W131 41.97

My plane gets bounced down to this level and if I slew up the runway appears normal from above.  I find that if I disable both CVX_PP08_exitstream.BGL and CVX_PP08_mahoneyriver.BGL the problem goes away.  Enabling either of these (or both of) these two files causes the problems at my payware PAKT airport.

John

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
jer209:

I cannot duplicate your problem using the Alaska Power Project  and PAKT Payware....you must have something else going on.  Also, the PAKT Payware  runway is a solid object (the only one of its kind) ...not a normal runway sitting on the ground level elevation.   Since it is a solid object, I am not sure how you can be "falling through it".

Rod

Doug

« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »
That actually "looks like" (probably isn't) the problem I had when I tried to remove PAKT PAYware ... extra runway that I Holger got me straightened out by redoing the terrain. But I don't think my problem is related to this one. (?)

Anybody else seeing this problem?  Let us know ... if you do or you don't, it will help Jer209.

Doug

« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »
While thinking "compatibility" ... has anyone looked at the Salmon Creek Hydro with the JUNEAU airport PAYware ... it is relatively close to the airport.  Let us know what you do/don't see.

Thanks
Doug