Author Topic: Alaska Power Project  (Read 394272 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Alaska Power Project
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »
Doug or Thomas,
Using ADE, change the water runway properties to "transparent" in the checkbox. I think this might solve the issue. I've never seen a visible water runway on the water before, no lees it being a different color than standard water! I wonder how that happened?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »
Will do, we are on it. Dieter, thank you! I'll be back here with corrections soon.

Doug

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2015, 12:38:51 PM »
Helipad Beta Test ...

Steve Weinkamer has done an examination of  the helicopter land pad that was giving us problems with elevation differences. He has created a "modified" object from the original. For anyone interested, we put the new object in at Cascade Lake Hydro where there are 3 helipads at different altitudes.  To check if this works, go to the APP page and look at the 09.02.2015 - 12:30 PM entry. You will find a link for a zip file there. There is a readme.txt file inside the zip that tells you how to place this new object so you can try it out.  We are VERY interested in your feedback, so let us know here what you see if you try this.

Doug

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »
Adjustments ...

Thanks to Dieter's Screenshots ... I lowered the bushes at the Cascade Creek Power Plant fence. (Found one more in that area elevated). Changed the ADE files for PP10 and PP07 to make the taxiways transparent.  So those should be fixed now with the 09.02.2015 - 1:02 PM update to the APP zip. 

Important note to folks viewing this.  This is how a "beta" works.  These programs can be very detailed, especially the APP locations with elevation changes, etc. The original designers will do the best they can, but after a while at the computer your eyes go numb!  You just don't see things because you are so used to looking at other things. This is where the extra pairs of eyes come in to make the beta work.  Our "Spud" does 99% of this work for us  ... so most of you will not have to worry about seeing corrections like you are seeing here (Thank you Spud!).  But we wanted you to see first hand how these things are created and give anyone interested a chance to jump in with comments, suggestions and certainly error catches.  Dieter found three important ones ... posted them, and we went after them.   This is how it works.  Betas can be aggravating in that they can be confusing and have lots of downloads and replacements ... it is the nature of the beast. So for those of you participating, thank you for the patience and I hope you are getting an "inside view" at what goes on to make something like this happen. Keep the feedback coming ... that's what will make this as "near perfect" as we can get it. 

Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »
Doug,
The read me in the zip for the corrected chopper pads bgl needs a revision, and I sent you a revised one. Anyone reading this post should hold off on the fore mentioned download until further notice. (The read me refers to an undefined location and is confusing.)

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »
Just noticed there is much progress at APP.....new sites are included. :)

great news about the corrected chopper pad...canĀ“t wait for first approach.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2015, 02:21:38 PM »
Doug,
The read me in the zip for the corrected chopper pads bgl needs a revision, and I sent you a revised one. Anyone reading this post should hold off on the fore mentioned download until further notice. (The read me refers to an undefined location and is confusing.)

Steve

Steve,
I just logged on to ask about the xxxx.bgl you mentioned cause I looked and looked but no file!
Spud
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »
Got the new readme up there in the little "fix" zip.

Doug

RCFlyer

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »
Just checked all three heli pads at Cascade and all three work great. 

Good Jobs guys.

Danny

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2015, 07:37:34 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Danny. Now we need to come up with a way to release the corrected object to the community since it will have to replace the one already in the RTMM library. Anybody have any thoughts on how you think we could do this without creating confusion?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2015, 08:02:18 PM »
Found a slight glitch at PP08; a sunken island.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
Do you have PAKT Payware?

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2015, 11:01:43 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Danny. Now we need to come up with a way to release the corrected object to the community since it will have to replace the one already in the RTMM library. Anybody have any thoughts on how you think we could do this without creating confusion?

For now, make the corrected object a new object (new unique GUID and name (eg. app_pad_1) and make a copy of the textures it calls, create a mini object library with the new object and associated textures and put them into the Alaska Power Project Scenery and Texture folders and then replace the old object with the new object in the affected Alaska Power Project Sceneries using IS, and all will be right with the next release of an update to the power project. 

Rod

Doug

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2015, 07:23:34 AM »
Steve, the little work boat u made could go there too. (Thanks Rod).  When this is dine, then u should go back to cascade creek and put the APP helipads in, replacing what is there, right?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »
Rod,
I was thinking along the same lines as you, but wanted to see if anybody had any other suggestions. At this point I'll just go ahead and do it that way.

Doug,
If you're talking about the JD LINN, it's already in the library. That's the only work boat that I've made so far.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support