Author Topic: Alaska Power Project  (Read 394299 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Alaska Power Project
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 04:36:55 PM »
Hi Thomas,
checked new Snettisham Hydro file (2015-08-17) today.

scenery is full with amazing eyecandy.....excellent.
I always found default snettisham airfield somekind of boring.....now it`s a beautiful location I highly recommend visiting this place....really a lot has changed!!!
The helipads worked fine and are fitted very nice into the landscape.

I followed the Powerline from snettisham to submarine cable.... are these masts are all handplaced into the landscape? Wow, I understand needing a lot of time placing them.

Nearby the submarine cable station I found an isolated Powerline Mast located in the Waters. I guess, it shouldn`t be there?
It´s located about a mile heading 320 from the submarine cable station (see attached screenshot).

Edit:
Just noticed, one hour after checking snettisham file from 2015-08-17 it was a new zip-file dated 2015-08-19 posted.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:13:30 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

tomse

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »
Hi Klaus,
thanks to you. I will have look on it tonight with the misplace tower.
Yes we had to upload again because I gave Doug the wrong zip.
thomas

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

fltsimguy

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
Great project guys, very nice work.  Thanks.
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

RCFlyer

Re: Alaska Power Project - Goat Lake Heli Pad
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
When I spawn into the north heli pad the helo is positioned off to the right of the pad on the ground.  When I spawn into the other pad the helo is poistioned correctly in the center of the pad.

There is a similar issue at Lake Dorothy helo pad 30.  When I spawn into Pad 30 the helo is positioned off to the left and forward of the pad.  The other pads at Lake Dorothy and Tyee Lake work fine.

Great project.  Enjoying to very much.

Danny
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:55:22 PM by RCFlyer »

tomse

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »
Hi Danny,
thanks to your remarks. I will have a look on it, perhaps the starting points have to be corrected. Watch the thread.
thomas

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

tomse

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2015, 04:24:14 PM »
The other Swan Lake Hydro at the head of the Carroll Inlet will come soon. It is close to Lucky Lindys Place where a lot of bush pilots meet!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2015, 10:48:42 AM »
Danny ... Thomas has made a correction in the ADEX files for you (and for everyone!). Delete the old APP you have and put in this new one with the new ADEX files. Let us know what you see. The correction is "up" on the Alaska Power Project site.

Thank you

Doug

RCFlyer

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
Will download and test today.  Will let you know how it goes.

Great services.

Regards,

Danny

Doug

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2015, 06:39:39 PM »
Danny, actually you are doing "us" a service. Thomas and I are actually putting up "beta" locations and it is folks like you that help us find the glitches.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
Cascade Creek Hydro Project - By Doug Linn

As you will recall, I accidently made a location called Swan Lake. When making it, I thought I was on Ruth Lake ... but alas I was wrong. So we went ahead and made a Ruth Lake.  But in the meantime, since Swan Lake was not real or even "proposed" as real, I took it down. Then, a funny thing happened when i opened my email. Thomas found the "Cascade Creek Hydro Project" ... Cascade Creek is the creek coming out of Swan Lake! So there "is" a project on that lake. But there is no major dam, it is a "lake tap" where they build a tunnel from the bottom of the lake down to the power plant.

So now you have Cascade Creek Hydro in the downloadable zip at the web page. If you had the old Swan Lake, you must get rid of it or you will have some "not so pretty' problems. Another thing to keep in mind. Thomas is working on another Swan Lake ... but this one down near Ketchikan.  So don't get mixed up by all the "swans".  Right now, if you have my old Swan Lake ... get rid of it. (It is no longer on the site).

Cascade Creek, like many of these posed its own challenges. The terrain is not the same as in the real world, so we have to "build around" a lot of what ORBX gives us.  The "doc" that comes Cascade Creek is the original project plan document for the project. You will see from the pictures and maps, we are "close" but not perfect.  This one has float plane docks up at the lake and down and the barge off-loading area. It also has two helipads. Both helipads are going to be a challenge ... tight landing zones and not obvious because of all the trees. (Again, we were trying to duplicate the pictures).  But I'm sure folks will have fun with this one too.  It is "in" the latest zip file at the web page.

Doug

RCFlyer

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »
Danny, actually you are doing "us" a service. Thomas and I are actually putting up "beta" locations and it is folks like you that help us find the glitches.

Doug

Doug:

I tested all of the helo start points for PP01, PP02, and Tyee.  All work fine now.  Great job guys.

One question if I may.  When looking in the scenery folder I see PP03 thru PP07 bgls.  Yet, I don't see those PP0X sites listed in the available airports/locations.  Should they be available at this point?

Danny
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:09:49 PM by RCFlyer »

Doug

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2015, 08:23:23 PM »
No they are not available yet. You will notice Thomas' all have them, mine do not. Learning ADEX :-)

D

Doug

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2015, 03:50:22 PM »
Did some more work on Cascade Creek with the elevations. At a couple of places the creek was running uphill, not good!  Getting the elevations for these can be a LOT of "fun".  Keeping the newly built road running with the terrain can get confusing as it affects the area near the road too. I also leveled the waste area and tapered if off downhill.  Cascade Creek now is mostly done. I also put a helipad at the "tunnel waste area" (just the markings for it). This one is going to be difficult for the helo folks, but realistic according to the pictures we have of it.  Also put a stone wall under the auxiliary power plant that was in the are on the front.

Doug
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:54:44 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »
 Looking good.....

Rod

Doug

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »
Question for folks ...

Thomas and I have "most" of the APP hydro plants completed, a very few more to do. Now, what do we "do" with them? These are in lovely locations, usually associated with high mountain lakes and sea-level docks. Helipads everywhere.  But RTMM isn't about "locations" ... it is about the journey to and from the locations we create ... the locations give the reason for the journey.

So what ideas do you have for the journey part of APP?  We could do dispatches, creating maintenance runs with small groups. We could make straight flight plans from airports to them, you could download the "batch" of flight plans, to/from all of them?  Just curious as to how YOU might like to use these new locations.

Doug