Author Topic: Alaska Power Project  (Read 394541 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Alaska Power Project
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
But I guess I'm just "put together" that way ... when something isn't right, it really bugs me until I can get a solution for it.  If I don't "move" on it ... I try to solve the problem while I'm trying to sleep!  Instead of counting sheep, I'm counting the damned spruce trees and wonder why I wake up tired! :-)  Last night I dreamed I couldn't connect a taxiway in ADE without it showing on the water (which is actually happening).  We are all going to be candidates for the mental ward before long! :-)   Keep the suggestions coming Dieter ... when we can act on them, it makes everything better.  Going back now to Mahoney Lake and changing out the trees.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »
Opinions like Women are all "different". (viva la difference)  The 'open development' technique with the APP will help make the scenery as good as skills and limitation can allow.  Dieter's observations on the poor winter textures is being addressed and will help in future projects.  Of course foliage models are not infinite and more importantly 'green plants' to a lot of people look fine in nice summer weather.  Naturally Palm Trees in Alaska would raise a red flag.  Shrubbery and low plants may be out of place but unless your botanically savvy it may get used because 'it looks good there' so unless it is completely out of place we shouldn't be too critical.  Staying green and blooming in the dead of Alaska winter is, of course, just not right and needs to be addressed when discovered.  (and has been in this case).

8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:12:42 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2015, 02:47:06 PM »
Not going to get into a peeing contest here nor examine each and every scenery under a magnifying glass. End of my comments regarding this.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RCFlyer

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »
The following heli pad start positions need adjusted:

Cascade Lake:

Pad 2: Starts in the water

Reynolds Creek:

Pad 2:  Hard point is below pad surface, helo skids sink below the pad surface.

Mahoney Lake:

Pad 2:  Hard point is below pad surface, helo skids sink below the pad surface.

Things are looking really good.

Thanks again for the scenary.

Regards,

Danny

Doug

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
Thank you Danny ...

Cascade Lake, Helipad repositioned
Mahoney Lake, helipad object changed
Reynolds Creek, helipad object changed

this should stop the helicopter runners from sinking into the pad ... that object's surface is not hard at the very top. We'll take it out of use for RTMM.

The corrected zip is "up".

Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 09:36:56 AM »
Doug,
BOING! You just solved answered the "why" question about that helipad that the aircraft sinks into. The hardened part of the surface for that object has the wrong placement and needs to be raised. If you tell me what object that helipad is, I could probably fix it for future use.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RCFlyer

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
More adjustments needed on the following heli pads:

Mahoney Lake, Reynolds Creek, and Cascade Lake, Pad 2:  hard point is above the pad surface, so, heli skids are about 3 feet above the helipad surface.

Thanks again,

Danny

Doug

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
Danny .. saw the same thing, those platforms are not reliable, not sure why, could be the "altitude bug" P3D has, not sure. Changed them all out to concrete pads. They seem all ok now. Also changed the PP10 ADEX (Airport) completely, now has a working dock and taxiway to runway. The "midway" helipad is there and can be used, but it is not part of the "airport".  Check it out and see what you think.  The changes are "up" on the new zip at the web page.

Doug
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:06:12 PM by Doug »

RCFlyer

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »
Reynolds and Mahoney work fine.  Cascade is not longer in the airport list.  Did you leave it out this time?

Danny

Doug

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2015, 04:13:02 PM »
Danny ... check it now, I revamped it a little, also the name was "Cascades" (with an s), so I fixed that too. It is "up" now.

D

Doug

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »
ADE Airports Created for PP06 and PP07 (Ruth Lake and Theyer Creek).

Now all of the locations presently in place have "airports/locations" that you can find with the "Go to Airport"

RCFlyer

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2015, 08:20:06 PM »
Doug:

Everything works great.

Thanks for your quickly response.

Regards,

Danny

Doug

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
Well thank YOU for helping us!  We were hoping folks might enjoy playing with a "beta" ... although they can be annoying with all the changes. You've held up very well, my friend!  It won't be too long and we can put this one to bed and have a "grand opening." (And a round of beers at Misty's Place!)

Doug

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »
Hail to Doug and the RTMM scenery gurus! 8) 8) 8)

... And free helo tour rides to the dams and power plants from PF20 c/o RCFlyer during the upcoming open house! Danny, I'll swap my day's worth of charter avgas with a 6-pack a Misty's bar to help you with that endeavor... ;D

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Dieter

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »
Some corrections necessary at
- PP11 bushes in the air
- PP10 water rwy bleeding through
- PP07 water rwy bleeding through
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals