Author Topic: RTMM Medical Dispatcher  (Read 4321 times)

baxterbj

RTMM Medical Dispatcher
« on: July 15, 2015, 03:11:55 AM »
I have downloaded the new Medical Dispatcher. The exe file is built into the scenery folder.
I start P3d, sit at Mistys, click on the shortcut Dispatcher on my Task Bar and it says, "Please close FSX/Prepar3d before running the RTMM Medical Dispatch Selector". What am I now doing wrong?
I will get there in the end, just learning.

BJ from OZ

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM Medical Dispatcher
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:40 AM »
Hi BJ ... The best way to do this is 1) have P3D off, 2) go to the RTMM MedEvac site, 3) browse and choose which ones you want to fly, 4) open the selector and select those dispatches, 5) turn on P3D and when it comes up, only those dispatches will be activated...you are ready to fly.

When you download the medical dispatch zip...all of the dispatches are turned "on". For instance, if you are not flying a dispatch but are starting at Misty's Place, the medical reception people will be there...and they will be present at all Med sites. Activating only the dispatches you want turns off all of the dispatches you are not using. The simulator has to be turned off so the selector can manipulate the files.

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
Hi BJ,
     The RTMM Medical Dispatcher is just like FTX Central, in that they can't be used while the sim is running.  You must use it before starting the P3D/FSX simulators.
     The first time you use it, all of the dispatches will be active.  I think it is best to "deactivate" all of them, except the one you want to fly.
     So, after you pick which dispatch you want, you activate it in the "Dispatcher", then start your sim and go fly it. 
     If you leave all dispatches active, then there will be medical personnel and victims at all locations all the time.  Wherever you go, there will be an ambulance or some orange smoke, etc.  That's why it's recommended to only turn on the one you are currently flying. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

baxterbj

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
Jeff and Doug, thank you for your response. I will give that a shot.
Cheers BJ

baxterbj

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:09 AM »
Well I deactivated all dispatches, loaded just one, E020B. What do I actually do next?
I know there is no such question as a stupid question, but I'm sure feeling pretty stupid.
The only question not asked is the stupid one.
The map displays, the directions are displayed.
But do I load this up as a flight plan?
I'm still not sure what I'm actually doing?
Do I just follow the general direction of the RTMM map, or do I load this up through Plan G.
Is there any other advice you can give, I'm sorry, just new at this. If I can crack the first one, I'm Off.
I don't seem to have the dispatcher's ribbon?

BJ from OZ
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:54:42 AM by baxterbj »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 07:55:29 AM »
First, with p3d off, you pick a couple of dispatches, and they are in the right hand green column, then you start up p3d and follow the instructions in the dispatch. Look at instructions, place yourself where it asks, put the emergency waypoint into the GPS and fly to it. The waypoint is in the instructions...starts with an E.  If you are unfamiliar with putting in a waypoint, scroll down the Dispatch page, there is a "how to" section explaining it.  Fly to the waypoint, virtually pick up the patient, then put the Medical Facility waypoint  into the GPS. It starts with an M, and fly to it. When you arrive, a medical reception team will be standing there ready to receive your virtual patient. Then, if you enjoyed it, turn off p3d and use the dispatch selector to pick a couple more. 

Remember, with weather, you will fly low and slow.. The GPS ives you a direct route, but at low altitude, that might require a large tunnel in a mountain or two. So you have to dodge the mountains, but still get to the waypoint. On the GPS how to, it shows you how to reset the route to the waypoint as you go along. This gives you an updated course based on your present position. These are not easy, they will take some real bush pilot skills. But once you get the basics working, they can be pretty exciting...especially with a real weather program. In an emergency, you fly the weather God gives you...same in real life.

Keep the questions coming. This will be a good learning thread for those too shy to ask.  So from those people, thank you for asking!

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »
Hi BJ,

I see Doug posted while I was posting but will send this anyway since it just provides more info.

No flightplan is provided.   The PDF tells you everything you need to know.  Once you have activated the dispatch you are ready to fly.    You can create your own flight plan manually if you wish. 

So, in the case of E020B, the Emergency Waypoint section of the PDF instructions tells you what to do next if you are flying a fixed wing:

Set the GPS for way point for E020B. Start at the dock at Gilbert Bay
SPB. (Start Position: N57 55.8424 W133 41.3329 Head: 296.6°). Fly to the East
Turner Lake USFS cabin. Pick up the injured woman and transport her to Bartlett
Regional Medical Dock at way point M001F.

So you start the sim and jump to the start position.  You then need to know how to use a GPS and enter a waypoint....in this case the waypoint is E020B.   Once waypoint is on GPS you can set up to "go Direct" to that waypoint on the GPS.  You then fly that route and once you have made it to the cabin, reset your GPS to go direct to the M001F waypoint and fly to the hospital.

Rod

baxterbj

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:57:05 PM »
Thanks Doug, Thanks Rod, will have a shot tonight.

regards

BJ

baxterbj

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 05:04:50 AM »
Just did E015B, by GPS, all good, got the orange smoke at cannery.

Thanks Guys

BJ

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 10:03:53 AM »
That's great!

Rod