Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 4069 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Finally!
« on: July 01, 2015, 03:53:21 AM »
Yes, I have finally re-installed one RTMM scenery, and unfortunately it's the one I made just for me - PF22 - just a stones throw over the ridge from Ketchikan...

One thing that does hold me back from re-installing all the stuff is the fact that there are soooo many object libraries and I haven't yet found my way around the RTMM library to actually find a "single source" packet for scenery objects - I've just been away too long ;)

PF 22 - accessible by air and sea - but in stealth mode for all but Old One-Eye ;)

Taking of our intrepid duo, have you ever wondered what they look like? Well here's a selfie. One-Eye is the grizzled old git in the driver's seat at the back and his spanner-wielding sidekick, Limp, is the "aanorak" type grinning all over his face in the "You have" seat in the front:

All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
PF22 is looking mighty fine as is that selfie.  Two fabulous screenshots and glad you have started up once again. To be honest getting those RTMM libs installed seems more daunting than it is... I mean what can possibility go wrong  :o

...your graphics are looking top notch One-Eye!
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:50:04 AM »
There is no "single source" or a way around the RTMM object libraries. Install them one at a time and just follow the instructions one step at a time. Not rocket science, just an orderly process. Unfortunately it isn't something you can do in just 5 minutes and go on your merry way.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
Just git 'er done, One-Eye. Gotta pave the road before you can drive on it.
                                         JJ
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 01:17:40 AM »
Libraries require three downloads to get the complete six RTMM Object libraries.  If you also want to fly the Medical Evacuation series you will also need to download that additional library.  Without the libraries there is no reason to download any RTMM scenery as most of them will not display proprerly without the objects and texture on your HD.
 8)
Later,

Spud

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 03:42:03 AM »
Only six? Doesn't sound too bad - I seem to have dozens in my "miscellaneous downloads" folder. OK seven if I want the medics pack.

I think the best way will be to pretend I do not have ANY Moorings downloads. It's a good thing you've actually packed a "single zip" package of the most important locations.

On a secondary issue: does anyone have a copy of my other Eagleskinner's place scenery? Now that one does seem to be lost on my PC - it was a terrain following runway with ramps to the dispersal area. There was a ship and a sunken sailboat in the Inlet, balloons p the valley from the airport, a ridgetop hangglider site and a load of hidden goodies.

Google Maps reference N 55.162752 W 130,934244 - I think.

I can see that you've still got the Through Glacier Research Station - I enjoyed doing that.
All the best,

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »
The Legacy Collection does not represent the "most important" locations at all with the possibliblity of  Misty's Place which is the 'home airport' for RTMM.  The collection is a 'starter' group of some older locations that allow new members to immerse themselves into RTMM adventures.  However they still require the libraries and possibly some or all of the ORBX Payware listed as required plus the Tongass Fjords X payware.  RTMM has permission from Holger to utilize the object libraries that come with Tongass Fjords X.  ORBX objects are not used but all of RTMM scenery overlays their scenery so it is required for RTMM to display corrrectly.
The preperation curve (libraries, ORBX etc. scenery) is steep but after gathering all of them the result is a bush flying experience that is probably the largest and most varied anywhere.
I went to the coordinates you quote but could not find any scenery, (RTMM or otherwise near that location).  Do you recall if it was hosted by RTMM?  If so what was it named?  I have every RTMM Scenery in my sim so if their were any from RTMM in that local it should show in my FSX.
 8)

EDIT:
PF22 is Whiskey Cove by Brad Allen and is not the one your looking for.  It is about 300 miles south of your coorindates.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:11:50 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 12:05:11 PM »
Ah, so PF 22 was put back in the pool after I went into retirement then. No worries.

Oh, and PF 22 was the location chosen for the scenery in the screenshots - I don't suppose I ever got up to loading it onto your servers. No, the coordinates I gave are for a different "Eagleskinner'S Field" and I was hoping that one of the crew still has a copy that I sent for testing. Oh yes, there was a French chap who did some texture work for me too. Great stuff he did!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:08:36 PM by One-Eye »
All the best,

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »
One-Eye,
that would have been Xavier Carre.  Sadly Xavier had some differences with his RTMM affiliation and requested files using his work be pulled from RTMM.  So I'm assuming (getting too old to remember everything) that your location may have been included in that request if it was ever in the download section.  I have tested for QC on every scenery in RTMM and can not remember this particular one.
 8)
Later,

Spud