Author Topic: Windows 7 Reinstall And FSX  (Read 2252 times)

toriu

Windows 7 Reinstall And FSX
« on: June 11, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
After yet another Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit problem and reinstall via the W7 DVD, I have had to reinstall
FSX/Acceleration and all the extras... Now that all is installed and running smoothly, is there a way to save
this FSX/A in the event of another W7 reinstall in the future?

I have FSX/A at 87GB on a 1.34 TB hard drive (J:) and when I do the Windows 7 reinstall I always disconnect this drive. The OS and other files for FSX is on the (C:) drive.

So now I have the new active FSX/A and the FSX/A(OLD) on the (J:) drive.(will delete the old one later).
Can I just make a copy of (C:) (with the appropriate software) as it is now and then reinstall FSX?
Any advice will be appreciated.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Windows 7 Reinstall And FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:39:28 AM »
What I did  after getting my drives and everything the way I wanted on new, clean Windows and FSX installs was was to make images of both drives and saved them on a backup drive. In the event that a complete reinstall is ever needed I can go back to the original drive configurations. I also make image backups of my drives on a regular basis and save those as well. That way if something gets messed up for any reason I can revert to the most recent backup(s), and I've done it numerous times. If you need help setting this up post back.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

toriu

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
Thank you for your reply ualani, yes I would very much appreciate help with setting this up.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Sent you and email.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support