Author Topic: Helicopters  (Read 3647 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Helicopters
« on: February 26, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
Before you all rush out and buy expensive addon helicopters that might just disappoint, I would like to plug a very special sim-heli website here: Hovercontrol

They've got a whole slew of great free helicopters that work well in FSX and they'll even teach you to fly them.

On the other hand - that Cera 412 is looking mighty purty, even if I do say so myself... (but even without my paints, that is probably the helicopter I enjoy flying most - and that's saying something for a Eurocopter/Westland/Agusta fan ;)
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Tigerclaw

Re: Helicopters
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
Agreed, the Cera 412 is my second favourite after the Dodo. It has power advantages the Dodo doesn't, and I love the way it looks. I noticed in another thread you are doing a repaint. I take it that is a 412 as you like it so much?

If so, then you can count me in for a download please. It would be great to fly Misty's airports in that paint  ;)
Tony

Windows XP Pro 32 bit - Core 2 Duo 1.87Ghz - 2 gig Ram - GeForce GT240 1 gig Ram - Audigy ZS 2 - FSX Gold. ORBX - REX 2.0 - TrackIR 5

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Helicopters
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »
Before you all rush out and buy expensive addon helicopters that might just disappoint, I would like to plug a very special sim-heli website here: Hovercontrol

They've got a whole slew of great free helicopters that work well in FSX and they'll even teach you to fly them.

On the other hand - that Cera 412 is looking mighty purty, even if I do say so myself... (but even without my paints, that is probably the helicopter I enjoy flying most - and that's saying something for a Eurocopter/Westland/Agusta fan ;)

When heading to hovercontrol.com, you guys should give HTR - Helicopter Total Realsim - a try. It´s a physics library working for FS2004 and FSX by adding specific helicopter flightdynamics to the default heli´s and a number of customized helicopters e.g. AS350, Bell 412, Schweizer 300, BO105, MD500 and some others. This great add-on for all heli-sim fans was founded by Fred Naar (Many Thanks for his great work!). I recommend it especially for FSX, as default FSX lacks some heli specific flightdynamics!

With HTR Heli-simming in FSX is a complete new challenge! Try it!!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals