Author Topic: S.I.R.P Scenery  (Read 11408 times)

flewpastu

S.I.R.P Scenery
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
I downloaded the new sirp scenery dated today in the NOTAMS and there is no bgl's in the scenery folder or Textures in the Texture folder ? did I miss something or is the download corrupt ?

Bill

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: S.I.R.P Scenery
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:45:11 PM »
I just downloaded it again from the server and it has all of the files in it. Give it another try and let us know.

Doug

gmazzei

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:39:52 AM »
Hi
link from RTMM scenery page is for a file that does not exists    http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/zipfiles/SIRP/SIRP_FSX_P3D_AddOn_v2.0.zip
the right one is
http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/zipfiles/SIRP/SIRP_FSX_P3D_AddOn_v2.zip

Thanks to RTMM developers and staff for all the beutiful sceneries that share with us
Cheers
Guido Mazzei 
Guido Mazzei

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:56 AM »
Sorry folks, we are working on it. Watch for the "update" time on the Med Facilities Page. We will have it fixed soon.

Doug

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:31 PM »
I downloaded SIRP today and installed it in both FSX and P3D V 2.5 - It works beautifully in both program and it is very interesting to land on snow with the Beaver equiped with skis.
As this program  is situated mostly in the Tongass Fjord area, on my machine I can note a serious drop in fps from an average of 30 fps in other regions covered by ORBX sceneries, to roughly 20 fps. Of course the trees high density in the area could be somewhat responsible for this behaviour as I also noticed that once on snow areas I get a better score. Furthermore, I use HD ORBX trees which can also  bring some "stress" on my GPU.
I also wish to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to the fantastic team producing all these beautifull sceneries that became a real must for all pilots who like to fly low and slow.

Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
ALERT!!!

SIRP Shouldn't have been released yet. It's not quite done. Wait for the file that is coming dated today, 5/31/15

If you have a zipfile dated earlier than that, please delete that installation from your simulator. Download the new one that will shortly be released with today's date of May 31st, and you'll have the proper release in hand.

Sorry for the confusion but emails got crossed and the earlier file was uploaded by mistake.

Brad
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:13:54 AM by Bradallen43 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »
OOPS!  In this case the 'early bird' actually DID get the worm!  Standing by.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
The 'read me' mentions a Plan-G file. Don't have that critter in my zip DL.
                                            JJ
Jsapair

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 11:43:21 PM »
Well we didn't include one this time but I used a previous Text file that probably references that utility because we usually include a plan but this is a larger package so didn't make a plan for this one. Sorry.

Brad

Dieter

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 02:33:53 AM »
@Jsapair

All 10 camps have an own AFCAD and an NDB.
I didn't create userwaypoints for the small "Field Expeditions"  sceneries. That is up to every pilot trying to find them.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »
SIRP is beautiful!!

The 10 camps are located in very nice remoted ares.
There are some easy to find on the icefields and there are others located on top of the mountains.
So there's great stuff for slow and low flying hete....

Once you found the SIRP camps watch out for the small field expeditions on the glaciers and icefields around.

Thanks so much to Mike and Dieter bringing this MM classic back again.
And a big thank you to Brad and Spud for doing QC on this project.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
Downloaded and flew a round robin from the base - SCRD - to the Stikine Research Camp SRC3. Excellent work you guys. Thank you for all the hours spent building this package.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »
Dieter, Brad...yeah that's fine. I've just been flying to them and plugging them into PG as I go. Dittos to what the others are saying. Beautiful project.
Jsapair

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 05:49:05 AM »
I am the one who downloaded the SIRP add-on a little bit too early. At this early stage it worked for the first short test performed, but I followed your advice and uninstalled the add-on. Now I installed the new version and it works perfectly in FSX. But I have a problem with P3d V 2.5 : the nearby water is missing (boats floating on the ground). I did read somewhere that this problem is caused by the tongass fjord scenery and I guess that I have to check the priority of my various sceneries... ORBX, FS Global 2100, Vector, etc... Presently I will keep aside for a little while and re-read all the PDF instructions for my various scenery add-ons.
Thanks for all your efforts to provide these so attractive MM sceneries.   ;D
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 01:44:55 PM »
Yoland,
there are some instructions on installing Tongass X into P3D referenced here on the site.  Is is not a standard installation but requires some file manipulations etc.  I don't use P3D so don't know exactly where to find the instructions but I'm pretty sure some P3D gurus will jump in here with the info.
 8)
Later,

Spud