Author Topic: Medical Facilities Hospitals  (Read 4919 times)

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
Medical Facilities Hospitals
« on: May 14, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
Wednesday I flew E027B, and today  E001H. Great fun, and challenging flights of sure. One problem though. The hospitals were not installed. I thought they were but not. Missling M015 Providense Hosp in Anchorage, and MM10 St. Josephs in Comox.
Apparently I do not have a needed library or objects. 
Ran the objects test and everything is there. I have the Med dispatches, facilities, and facility library temp installed.
Any suggestons for this dweeb?

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Medical Facilities Hospitals
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
On E001H, that hospital is built into "The Western Chugach Part 1," which you must have downloaded or you wouldn't see the dispatch. On E027B, the hospital is "external" and built into the scenery.bgl for the dispatch. I'm betting you might have a problem with the RTMM Medical Library.

Did you download the RTMM Medical Library TEMP?  Make sure that is downloaded and installed. Then come back to us on this, we'll help you get it right.  We use that hospital object often in this series, so we want to be sure you have it.

Doug

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »
Hi Doug, Reloaded the Temp folder again. Flew to the Anchorage Providence hospital area, Still missing. Danny - running P3D - came with and he has it showing just fine.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
Got to ask, but did you turn on (activate) the library in your Sim's Scenery Library?

Doug

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:27:53 PM »
Got to ask, but did you turn on (activate) the library in your Sim's Scenery Library?

Doug

Sure did.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
I hated to ask that question ... but it is something to "check off."  And you have downloaded the "latest" zips for dispatches and facilities?  (bet you have).  Would you happen to have Instant Scenery 3?  (If you do not, it is ok, just a neat tool for troubleshooting sometimes).  I'll put an email out to the team to check this thread. We'll figure it out.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »
Tenpin,
as Doug says you have to download and install The Western Chugauch Part 1 by Rod to have the Anchorage Hospitial (AK38) in the sim.

Check your Medical Dispatches\Scenery folder to make sure you have these three files:
1. E027B_M010_recption.bgl
2. E027B_scenery.bgl
3. E027B_waypoint.bgl
They are required to have the hospital, Medical scenery and the waypoint for the evacuation site.

FWIW two of the downloads for the Medical Evacuation flights, RTMM Medical Facilities and RTMM Medical Dispatches change almost on a daily bases every time a new evacuation location is added those two downloads are changed on the Medical Facilities and its a constant procedure to make sure you have the latest installed in your sim.  The RTMM Medical Libraries TEMP doesn't change very often and doesn't require re-downloading much.  The objects are not listed separately in the Scenery sub-folder of the Library but all in one .bgl file which makes trouble shooting the Library nearly impossible unless you have a method to open and display the contents of a .bgl file in a manner that is comprehinsible.
Later,
Spud
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »
There's no reason to "troubleshoot" the library; it was checked and all of the objects displayed without issue before release. There's also no reason to create a unique bgl for each object and very few, if any, bgl libraries contain just a single object. If an object or objects don't show up for some reason then there's most likely an installation problem somewhere.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »
"Ahh, Tenpin, The gang at Misty Moorings want to meet you at  Gruffy's Gym."
Tenpin ducks behind the tail rotor of his MD 530F and says, "Ah, what for anyway. I loaded everything they said, well just about anyway. That TW Chuk... thingdy do, I left that in the warehouse till this evening. I mean it was delivered to the Providence Hospital in Anchorage just minutes ago. Everythig fit, ya know. So tell me why Gruffy's Gym"
"Yer name is Tenpin, right?"
Yea, it is, for sure."
Well they have some bowling balls coming your way, Get it?"

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 06:29:43 AM »
I don't get it.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
Hmmmm,
just for giggles and grins I did a Goggle search for Gruffy's Gym and it came back with a whole lot of X-rated content.  So I'm also a tad confused to the reference.
I think Tenpin is trying in a humours way to say he found the solution to his problem.  At least I certainly hope so.  ;)  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »
Ahh Spud, Your the Man :)
Thanks again. The support here is simply outstanding.

Doug

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »
For those who wonder ...

The new Vancouver BC (St Paul's Hospital), of course, is in an urban setting.  It is not "in" the PNW scenery package. So we placed it downtown exactly where it is supposed to be. It blends right in and you'll have to "look" for it to see it.  But to make this whole project "fun" for non-helo folks, we are putting in "medical docks". These allow the amphib/float plane people to do dispatches also.  Most are fictitious of course. But often, we find a nearby dock that is "real' that we can use. 

In the case of St Paul's ... we put in our own dock and even redecorated the local area a little to make it look more realistic than just the "photo gen" that was there. Below are the Before/After screen shots for the new M034 Medical Dock.  Amazing what you can do with IS3 and a little imagination.

The new facility is "up" inside the RTMM Medical Facilities.zip on the Medical Facilities Web Page.  We'll have a dispatch to it soon.

Doug

PS: Don't forget, you can click on the picture to make it enlarge so you can see it better.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:10:55 AM by Doug »

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »
Did anyone tell you folks you do outstanding work. Kudos to all of you 8) 8) :)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »
Awww shucks,  Just put some pie on the table. :-* ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud