Author Topic: 5 Aircraft Multiplayer In P3D V2.5  (Read 6833 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: 5 Aircraft Multiplayer In P3D V2.5
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »
Dieter,
no, Speaking only of FSX now (I am not a P3D user), Direct Connect uses the "Multiplayer" selection on the opening screen of FSX which allows pilots to connect directly to one another and it is very smooth and stable method of flying together.  There has to be coordination between users to set it up initially (Local Network, LAN) and other parameters.
Direct connect, and FSHost are usual methods of "hooking up your aircraft together" (there are others).
SKYPE and TeamSpeak are not idiginous to flight simming but rather audio methods of talking to one another.
In this case while flying fightsimulator together.  It is like the comm. radion in the plane so to speak.  TeamSpeak is strictly audio while SKYPE can also be used to make video calls to others as well as audio only.
While Direct Connect is a bit smoother (A/C don't seem to move around a much while flying very close together) it is a bit harder to set up and connect up at times.  Our group has tried it but reverted back th FSHost as connectivity was easier and more reliable for us.  Using a dedicated server for FSHost and another for TeamSpeak eliminates a lot of the inconsistencies trying to have one of the players act as host and/or TeamSpeak server but in our VA we have these servers available 24/7 which for a few flying together occasionally would be a bit of a stretch hardware wise.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Mbaclawski

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 06:27:28 PM »
Spot on Explanation Spud ,  that should clear everything up. Setting up Direct Connect is tricky for sure it took help from someone way smarter than i am to get me up and running but once you get he hang of it it's pretty easy and works way better.  I would give my  IP out if anyone wants to join but it's not static so it changes quite often  but I'm on skype  so look me up.   

Marty
Marty Baclawski

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »
I'm strictly FSX Dx10 so that leaves me out but I still find the concept fascinating. I'm of the age, and I know a lot of you are, too, where 20 or 30 years ago when they said that at one point 90% of households would have computers we said "Yeah, right."
   I'm also thinking this thread should probably be moved over to the Multi-Player forum.
Jsapair

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 09:21:24 AM »
Hi guys
for us and connecting all Flight SIM FS9,FSX, Xplane, P3D all version you need  DAFSIM .Com
first you need to register  in single user
2/ you receveid a mail with your ID and PASS and URL to download the Dafwing
3/ place in Module of your FSor P3D
4/ in MODULE you have a folder DAFWINGS in it you have DAFWINGS.INI open with Notpad and past your First name and second
your ID and PASS
4 bis/ open in your Live BOX or router Port 55008  TCP / UDP with your ///  IP PC FIX ///
5/ open your Sim FS or Xplane or P3Dxx
6/ shift + Tab  Dafsim it's open
7/ connect to Dafim.com server 

and nobody will be abandoned if they have different  Sim FS9,FSX,Xplane ,P3Dxx every body see anybody

here to download : http://www.dafsim.com/home.php

if you have any PROB tell me !

just a little sing when planes are near in flight some vibrations friends  planes let be seen but just a little is different as multiplayers connect's fluidity

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]