Author Topic: New updated OCEAN FALLS  (Read 3000 times)

baxterbj

New updated OCEAN FALLS
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:00:22 AM »
Hi Folks, not sure what Ive done but installed the new Ocean Falls and have three black buildings off from the dock. All else appears great except for the black buildings.
Any ideas?
Have it third in my scenery files down from Misty`s place?

BJ

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: New updated OCEAN FALLS
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:19:03 AM »
Have you got the new Medical Facilities TRMP library downloaded and positioned?

Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 07:51:06 AM »
Sounds like missing textures. Can you post a screenshot? Have you run the scenery tester?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 08:11:36 AM »
This is an error on our part. We assumed people would be downloading Ocean Falls coming from the new Medical Facilities Page. In this case, the user was simply trying to download the scenery location, perhaps not even aware of the Medical Facilities Page. There is (was) nothing there to indicate that the new library was needed.  I've now put a NOTAM on that location and the two others that require the new TEMP library, with a link to the library. The NOTAM is right under the "zip" button so people will see it. Eventually the TEMP library will be incorporated into the "big" library for RTMM. (So somebody will have to remind me to remove these NOTAMs when that happens! :-)

So BJ caught something for us and we appreciate it and apologize for his confusion.  With everything going on getting the new page up, the focus was on the page, not on a new user coming in from the other direction. Mea Culpa. But the NOTAMs are up and the links are "hot."  I think if BJ were to approach Ocean Falls now on the Scenery Page, he would catch the difference.  We will not be changing a lot of locations for this new project, but those had to be "fixed."

Thank you BJ
Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »
Doug,
I think an object from the Temp Medical object library added to the Scenery Tester would help in cases like this.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:56:36 AM »
Yes, I'll work on that.

D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
Doug,
another approach would to make a separate download of just the .bgl's required for the medical objects with a second ZIP button on the download and an explination of it being needed only for the Medical Facilities.  A readme in the zip with the .bgl telling to copy the bgl into the location scenery sub-folder. This would keep the locations "Pristine" for non-Med. Fac. users and preclude the need to download the entire location again for Medical Facilities users.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »
When the new TEMP library is integrated into our regular library, then this will all be seamless with no extra bgls for anyone to download. We are in a TEMP situation that is going to disappear, I don't want to build something that will wind up being a permanent additional layer when there won't be a need for it.

D

baxterbj

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:27 PM »
Thanks everyone, am downloading now, will let you know how it all goes.

BJ

baxterbj

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 12:15:03 AM »
No Luck, Took a screen shot but to big to attach, am going back to the RTMM scenery tester.?

BJ

baxterbj

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 12:44:14 AM »
Ran Scenery Object tester and the 3 buildings in No8 are black, they are there but black. Have uninstalled library objects from part II, reinstalled, still black. ????

baxterbj

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 01:32:44 AM »
I have deleted Parts 1, 2, and 3, from RTMM required objects library, I have reinstalled all files from parts 1,2,3. I have placed all scenery and LIBS in order as per guide, I`m at PANT in testing scenery and I have the following:

I am missing the roof from the green building at 5 in the scenery tester, no vehicle or telephone box at 7.
The buildings at 8 are fixed, had duplicate files in scenery folder of addon scenery.

Ocean Falls is fixed

What have I done wrong and what should I do?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:37:32 AM by baxterbj »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
Hi BJ,

The green building at position 5 has no roof so you are okay there and getting pretty close to done.  Are you using P3D?   Are you an OZx user?    The missing vehicle and telephone booth usually indicates a P3D & OZx user who has not disabled their OZx_LIB properly using the  Disable OZx mwl, kh, UKVFR et al.cmd utility that is provided in the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D section of Part 1 of the RTMM Object Libraries.

Rod