Author Topic: The Western Chugach - Part 1: From Seward to Summit Lake (52Z) Now Available!  (Read 3874 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
If you have ever wanted to fly low and slow above one of those beautiful, rustic tourist spots in the Alaskan mountains that feature camping, fishing, hiking and advanced seaplane training and, at the same time, be able see almost every little settlement, local store, trail and major creek in the area, then The Western Chugach - Part 1 is for you.   

Carter lake Trail in the Western Chugach (Note: Pictures in this post taken with FTX Trees HD)

Landing at Lawing Airport]

The Western Chugach - Part 1 adds isolated enhanced areas of true-to-life scenery that begin at Mile Marker 13.5 along the Seward Highway heading North from Seward, Alaska and end at Mile Marker 46.0 which is just above the Summit Lake SPB (52Z).   The terrain and object improvements stretch up to 5 miles on each side of the highway and include trails, campgrounds, homes, commercial areas, the town of Moose Pass (home of Alaska Float Ratings) and the vehicles and people that populate the area.  The scenery package includes detailed maps identifying the points of interest along this part of The Seward Highway.

Moose Pass

Moose Pass in Winter

Float Training at Moose Pass

The Western Chugach - Part 1:  From Seward to Summit Lake (52Z)  is the first part of a four-part scenery series, built on top of ORBX SAK, that features super-detailed Alaskan wilderness scenery based on real-life aerial views along the major roads in the Western Chugach:   The Seward Highway, The Hope Highway and the eastern part of the Sterling Highway.

Living in Alaska

You can find The Western Chugach - Part 1 in the RTMM scenery library under "T".

Click on the link below to view The Western Chugach - Part 1 video by Robert Pomerleau.

https://vimeo.com/125477404

More information on this scenery series is also available in this post:

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2571.0

Have fun,
Rod Jackson

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Great Link, love the video,  ... great Scenery Package. We can spend lots of time exploring this one!

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Western Chugach is simply amazing. Thanks so much to Rod for creating this jewel.
It's an excellent place for the low and slow flyers.
I can't wait for getting the next parts ....

Love the video!! Great job Robert!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Thanks Doug and Klaus.

Thought I would take a break before starting Part 2 but I am sure I won't be able to stay away for long.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Rod,
when your ready the team will be there to test the next great piece of Chugach.   ;D ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Thanks for the beautiful scenery Rod, and thanks Robert for yet another video.  I will be looking for that guy in the boat, heh heh.  I look forward to checking out the roads on my ATV also.  Thanks again.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

RobdeVries

Rod, simply beautiful. I enjoy it immensely. Thanks for making it!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Thanks Spud, Jeff and RobdeVries,

Rod

mthrift

Hey Rod,

I'm really enjoying the Western Chugach.  Thanks so much for all your hard work to "fill it out" for us! 

I took a few snaps when exploring last weekend and wanted to share them.  The trip also allowed me to make a quick side flight over to West Swan Lake cabin.  I love that little valley.

Thanks again!
Michael

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi Michael,

Nice pics!   I am glad you are enjoying the area!

Rod