Author Topic: a Visual layout of scenery library would be helpful..  (Read 5040 times)

briansommers

a Visual layout of scenery library would be helpful..
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »
I would like a visual layout of the scenery library.  I got a little confused.  I thought FTX stuff should always be on top..

then your stuff underneath that, yes?

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: a Visual layout of scenery library would be helpful..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:31:07 AM »
Hi Brian ...

Well we are a little different at Misty Moorings.  Our "fans" will always come "first" on the site and have top billing. FTX is a "tool" we use to make Return to Misty Moorings happen for you. We are not affiliated with ORBX/FTX/PFJ in any way shape or form (except thankful personally for their efforts because it makes our personal flying time more fun). FYI, I actually BOUGHT PFJ, just like you did, so did our whole Misty Moorings Team ... no "free" copies, etc.  We did put the ORBX logo on the home page because we wanted people to know that our site is "powered by ORBX" ... you have to have it to run it correctly. This would keep people from being disappointed by having cabins flying in the air, etc.

As for "visually laying out the scenery" ... we did.  In alphabetical order, with thumbnails and blow up pictures. And we anticipate more folks will be adding sceneries (see help wanted on the "about" page). So this could get quite extensive in locations available, making the present layout the only one viable for what is to come. So we did the best we could ... alpha, thumbnail, description (storyline), access to zip and a map icon to instantly see "where" it is located.  And also, don't forget the map room. There is a list of every location available at Return to Misty Moorings ... click on it and you get the map on where it is. (You get to the Map Room from Misty's place.

Hopefully you'll get used to our layout.  We had a great time figuring it out and making it happen.

Safe Flying!

Doug

briansommers

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 08:46:02 AM »
I'll play around with it, d/l ezzip1 now

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
I think he means the scenery library order in FSX actually. And our files should be on top of the ORBX entries and OZx too if you have that. Please see the readme files for any of our scenery that discusses the ORBX FTX Central feature for Library insertion points.

That tool, once it's properly set up, will make sure our files are always on top.

Brad