Author Topic: Medical Facilities Web Page  (Read 363721 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Medical Facilities Web Page
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:27 PM »
Hi Doug, this is a great idea for feedback.   I will soon be working on adding 6 more dispatches in The Western Chugach - Part 1 area and would love to hear what the RTMM users like about the current dispatches and what they would like to see in some future ones.

Rod

TheGravedigger

• Little Good Pieces Blog
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm using them and LOVING them!  On several occasions, I've flown in conditions that would normally kept me grounded, because I've "known" that someone at the other end of the dispatch was "in danger".  I suppose that's much like the real-world rescue pilots, and gives you a new perspective on things.

I especially love the little extras like the smoke markers and the gloves on the EMT's.  They add a nice depth to the experience.  Keep 'em coming before I fly them all up!  I'm not normally a big poster, but I'm definitely grateful for your efforts.  Many thanks for all the hard work!

(BTW, did you know that a Blackhawk is a tight fit on a standard helipad?  Ask me how I know.  I can see why the Seahawk moved the tail wheel!)
Robert

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
Good to hear from you Robert.   Okay....how do you know about the Blackhawk?

Rod

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
Glad you're enjoying them Robert and believe me, we're trying to keep up  :o  One thing you can do to stretch them out is if you happen to fly a mission in good weather, keep a note of that.  Then the next time you hit a stretch of bad weather, go back and fly that mission over.  You'll find it's like flying a totally different mission  ;D  In building them and doing QC on them, I've flown every one (some of them multiple times  ;D ) and I still enjoy them when I fly them a second or third time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:54:10 PM by sddinnh »

TheGravedigger

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 05:55:36 PM »
Good to hear from you Robert.   Okay....how do you know about the Blackhawk?

Rod

Well, when you squeeze into the Steamboat Bay helipad in gusty winds, and make what you think is a good touchdown (a la Bell 407), only to see your tail wheel hanging three feet out in space, it makes you rethink things.
Robert

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »
 ;D

TheGravedigger

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 10:03:06 PM »
Then the next time you hit a stretch of bad weather, go back and fly that mission over.  You'll find it's like flying a totally different mission  ;D 

I'll give you an example of that from a recent mission I flew.  I'm a hospital pharmacist at a burn center, and have an acute appreciation for the severity of burn cases.  Choppers on the pad delivering or taking off patients has become a routine thing, and the cases are often serious.

I recently flew the Dean River to the Segutlat village mission.  The weather was terrible: a late-season snowstorm with low ceilings at around 1200 feet.  I chose the Quest Kodiak over a chopper for the GPS display and instrument capabilities.  With the low clouds, I opted to follow the river.  Of course, the further I went, the higher the ground rose.  Eventually, I was forced up into the clouds, and all I could do was climb while I tried to stay over the river, and off the mountains.  Eventually, I cleared the peaks, and set a course for Port Hardy, which was the closest ILS. 

The funny thing is that my real-world perspective had me seeing a person, badly burned from a fire, in critical condition, lying there waiting for a rescue that just wasn't going to happen.  This probably isn't an uncommon occurance in that part of the world, and  I imagine that the real-world rescue pilots go through this routinely, but I doubt that it ever gets easier for them to have to abort.

At least, in the sim, I was able to go back and get him the next day when the weather cleared. 
Robert

gwplotts

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 04:53:25 PM »
RTMM MedEvac Dispatch #E015B is listed as Herring bay, and it should be Hunter Bay Cannery. Not sure if this the right place to put his, but an admin can move if necessary. The GPS waypoint is to the correct location, just the narrative and the graphic are incorrect. Great mission

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 05:24:11 PM »
GW ... darned good catch!!!  Thank you!  I got it fixed.  That's exactly the kind of help we are looking for, if you see anything else, let us know.

Doug

Rangerick

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 07:58:54 PM »
Once again you folks have out-done yourselves  !

Just when you think you guys can't come up with anything better... you DO !!!!!

P.S.  I've attached a pictorial Q & A   ;)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »
We are looking at efficiency, no wasted ambulance gas.  When Spud passed out from welcoming all the new guys, we were having to drive him all the way to PAKT on the (new) road and park him in the ER at Ketchikan General...now we just drag him next door and leave him on the porch. Saves gas. He has an open tab both at the bar and at the Trauma Center. Efficiency!

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »
You boys are always thinkin'. I'm traumatized. Gimme a double. Put it on Spud's tab.
                                      JJ
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
Well now I'm hurt!
I know without a doubt that I can "fall" far enough to hit the porch of the Misty Facility all on my own. :D
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »
Spoken like a true Navy pilot, Spud. Trajectory is everything. Is ILS available for a porch landing? Check on the glide slope, please. I might need to know it myself.
                                       JJ
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »
JJ,
FWIW the ILS porch glide slope is a non-standard 4.3°.  Makes it a bit hard on the landing because the porch is not carpeted.     :o :P
 8)
Later,

Spud