Author Topic: Medical Facilities Web Page  (Read 363719 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Medical Facilities Web Page
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2015, 07:33:54 PM »
Remember though that Spud's a retired Naval Aviator. Pilots are in those other branches of the military.

:)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2015, 09:22:24 AM »
Well we have about 35 "functioning" MedEvacs up on the web page now.  Many different kinds, lengths, difficulties, etc. When you fly one, give us feedback. We need to know what "kind" you are enjoying the most so we will make more of those. We may need one or two more medical facilities, but we have most of the area covered pretty well ... if a need arises, we'll build it for you.

So we are focusing on the MedEvacs that fly into these facilities. One thing we are trying to do is create them so you can see "new" things you probably have not seen before. In Tongass X, for instance, there are many wonderful little airstrips that are rarely used. We are flying FROM those, to an accident site, then onto a Medical facility. That way, you get to see a new little airport (that's always been there), and have some fun with a MedEvac.

Also, if you have an "idea" for one .. or even are brave enough to "design" one ... let us know. We'll be happy to help you through the process and or use your idea if possible.

Doug

Rangerick

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »
7 done and 28 to go.

Just a few words to describe this project:  Awesome... Great... Wonderful...  !

Now.... if I can just find that darn helicopter in E013B  ;)   

Doug

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2015, 11:26:24 AM »
Great .. be sure you have the scenery "in and activated" for E013 ... without the necessary scenery (under the scenery column), it is a digital ghost! :-)  "037" is the most difficult right now. So difficult I don't know if people will even like it. But it is probably one of the most realistic.  As folks see things they "like" or "dislike" I hope they let us know ... that will guide what we do in the future.  More will be coming, but we'll base them on feedback.

I fly them too after I make them ... I'm really enjoying not having a specific (automatic) flight plan that I can sit back and watch as the computer does the work. These take some real "bush" flying. Getting around the mountains ... and add weather ... oh my ... 'ya wonder how the real guys do it!

Thanks for the post, .... and keep us posted.

Doug

Rangerick

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply Doug !

Should have said E031B... NOT 013, but I guess you figured that out.

Went up again this morning... NADA

DUH... I 'assumed'  031 was in the Dispatches file I downloaded previously...   NOPE   :-[

Downloaded the latest file that includes Dispatches up to 039

Gasin' up and goin' up again.

P.S.  You're right... this one is tough.  Narrow valley with a STEEP climb at the end.   EXCELLENT !

Doug

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 12:55:05 PM »
This whole things is still in "semi-beta" as far as I'm concerned. We've check them more than once, but with all the changing we are doing, there is always a chance something could change. So we really appreciate your giving a close look to them too.  Little things, the AI traffic at Wrangell ran right over the helipad!  So we changed Wrangell around to accommodate it. The road was too bumpy to land on in E39, so I put in a flatten and lengthened it to make it more possible for a fixed wing to land and take off. (Those are the aircrafts with the propeller on the front!).  Those are the kinds of adjustments we are making. And with these all being in the same zip file, with each correction we are uploading the entire folder. (A great target for computer elves!).  It is so much more "settled down" now than it was a week ago. But just so everyone knows ... it still might have some things we can improve.  Always listening.

Doug

Rangerick

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »
Good News + Bad News

Good News... downloaded the 'new' dispatch file + The Helicopter c/w orange smoke is there.

Bad News... also downloaded the latest Med. Facilities + Med. Faciliries Lib. Temp files after deleting the old ones from Scenery Lib. + Addon Scenery... but they're not showing up now on GPS and P3D is telling me
"Addon Scenery\RTMM Medical Facilities\Scenery in scenery Area 175 not found"

FYI... on the dispatch info sheet it shows "Stewart Trauma Centre as M030B and M031B"

Also noticed there's no  E031B   reception.bgl file ?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:49:19 PM by Rangerick »

Doug

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »
Dispatch is fixed to show Stewart Medical facility as M030B ... good catch.  Also, there is now a "reception" for E031B which is M030 ... (gets confusing doesn't it!) :-)  So two good things you found that we've corrected (new dispatch folder up at site at 3:07 PM).

We didn't take anything "out" (which would cause a missing slot at your 175).  Go into the sim and "DELETE AREA" for the RTMM Medical Facilities ... go into where you put your addons and delete the folder for it there also.  Then download the new one, open the sim and "ADD AREA" to your Scenery Library and activate it. That should take care of the "slot missing" problem.

Try it and let us know.

Rangerick

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »
Thanks !

Have a GREAT weekend !

Doug

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2015, 01:12:57 PM »
Questions to Users ...

Are any of you using this using the dispatches and maps that are in the RTMM Medical Dispatches.zip?  Or are you getting the dispatch and map from the web page.  My reason for asking, we can make that a much quicker download if we simply use the web page to get the "instructions" or see the "map."  I'd then pull all the dispatches and maps out of the RTMM Medical Dispatch.zip download ... it would come down much quicker.

Comments?

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
From my point of view, you might delete  them from  "RTMM Medical Dispatches.zip"
The interested user has to make a flight planning before flying a MedEvac operation.
So it's not a problem visiting the web page to get appropriate planning informations there.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

TheGravedigger

• Little Good Pieces Blog
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 04:49:39 PM »
I'm with Dieter.  I generally pick my mission from the website, and have already got the necessary information pulled up.  I rarely look at the maps in the Dispatches download.
Robert

TheGravedigger

• Little Good Pieces Blog
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 05:07:10 PM »
BTW, while I'm thinking about it, I had an idea the other day for a mission that has a bit of a problem-solving challenge to it:

An injured person has a severe pneumothorax (collapsed lung), that requires that they be kept at a fairly controlled altitude.  As a result, the aircraft flying the rescue mission must remain below a predetermined altitude: 1,500 ft, 2,000 ft, whatever.  The trick is that a particular route from the dust-off site is not given, and the pilot must find a way through the terrain that meets the altitude requirement. 

For all the other medicos out there, I realize that altitude requirements for a pneumothorax are not that restrictive.  However, significant altitude changes should be taken into consideration during transport in severe cases. 

Hey, this is all for fun, right?  I'll bet some other folk can come up with some fun problem-solving missions as well.

Robert

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2015, 07:10:27 PM »
My thoughts on the maps and evac dispatches documentation.  In my sim I have separated the PDF and Maps into their own folder with a short cut on my desktop.  The reasoning was that If I want to fly an evac. flight I can just click my shortcut and select the PDF of the flight I want and it is loaded.  No need to start a browser, go on-line and access the site, then the Medical Page to get the documentation etc. everything is available on my own HD all the time.
I see what Doug is saying, that not having to add the PDF and Maps to the database would speed up the process but for me a download of both the Facilities and the Dispatch files takes less than 15 seconds.  Accessing RTMM and then the Medical page takes longer timewise than downloading the files.  Testing the Medical Evacuations usually requires a new download of the databases an average of twice a day for me.
I hope if we alter the files to exclude the PDF's and Maps that there will be some method to retain a copy on our own HD as I prefer not to have to got to RTMM each time I fly an evacuation, particularly if I'm flying multiple medical flights.  A simple minimizing of FSX and clicking my shortcut to get the dispatch and minimizing it to the task bar where I bring it up any time during a flight is convenient and quick.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
I do the same as Spud. FP's, Pdf's and maps in separate folders on my desktop.  .XML files, too. Not that I don't enjoy visiting the RTMM web site, of course, I visit there every day anyway, but it eliminates a step having them available for reference on my 2nd monitor.
                                             JJ
Jsapair